The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #501
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Mar-Vell hasn't been Captain Marvel in decades, in fact he's been dead, so calling him the "real" Capt. Marvel is inaccurate. I really do dislike when fans call a particular version the "real" one when what they actually mean is "my favorite" one. They're have been like three Capt. Marvels since he died.
That's not the point. Carol has been Ms Marvel. Mar-Vell was the first Captain Marvel. So yeah, there is a bias. He is the archetype of "Captain Marvel", to me, and to many others, when it comes to Marvel comics, Mar-vell is Captain Marvel. The Kree. Who has had beef with Thanos, and involved with the avengers..etc so yes, seeing Carol, who was first Ms Marvel would not feel right. The fact that the there have been three isn't the point. Mar-vell was the first, and arguable the "best"

Old 09-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #502
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

I'd be very surprised if Mar-Vell wasn't in a Ms. Marvel movie anyway

Old 09-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #503
Lord
All Mighty

I think they should adapt the first captain marvel before Carol, while Thanos is still around, i would like him to have a big role in the confrontation against Thanos in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #504
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
I'd be very surprised if Mar-Vell wasn't in a Ms. Marvel movie anyway
yeah, id like to see a film where she becomes ms marvel halfway through it or something

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #505
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No, Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch have never been X-Men and they are completely Avengers characters (over 90% of the comics they've been in are Avengers related, especially Wanda). Fox can use them solely because they're mutants, but in terms of their actual role in the comics, they have very little connection to the X-Men side of stories other than a few story arcs every other decade.

Quicksilver was a part of X-Force in the 90's, but that's the largest connection they've ever had to them up until the past decade.
He seems to be Magneto's ally in DOFP, which fits his role in the X-Men comics.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #506
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quicksilver and SW's biggest connection to the X-Men is their father. They have much greater ties to the Avengers, especially SW, and Pietro has connections to the Inhumans through Crystal and Luna. Also, I don't want Mar-Vell to have his own movie. One, it would mean that we'd have to wait EVEN LONGER for a female led solo movie, and two, he can just appear in Carol's movie, and die a third of the way through and she takes over.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #507
Loki882
Side-Kick

Also Ms. Marvel is an outdated name in 2013.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #508
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It wasn't really outdated until 2013.

I would say to be accurate have her first movie be titled Ms. Marvel and the sequel Captain Marvel.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #509
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Also Ms. Marvel is an outdated name in 2013.
so is "Superman"

[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #510
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Mar-vell and Carol should both appear in Gotg 2... Mar-Vell should die at the end of the film and pass his powers onto Carol. Build up carol and make her enjoyable the entire time (like Peggy Carter) and then go on to do a solo "ms Marvel" film, or "Captain Marvel" I see people giving her the name Ms Marvel, but her hero name could be Captain, or even just Carol

[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #511
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
so is "Superman"
Superman as a character is outdated

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #512
Loki882
Side-Kick

At least they don't call him Mr. Superman, that would be stupid. You don't need to call attention to her gender (just having her as the star of a solo movie would due that).

Old 09-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #513
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Superman as a character is outdated
Not true, and imo MOS proved you wrong man.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #514
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
At least they don't call him Mr. Superman, that would be stupid. You don't need to call attention to her gender (just having her as the star of a solo movie would due that).
.... that's because the name "superman" is complete.... you wouldn't call a hero simply "Marvel" either.

[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #515
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Not true, and imo MOS proved you wrong man.
to be fair, they changed quite alot in order to make it fit though

[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #516
Loki882
Side-Kick

Why does she have to be called Ms. you're deliberately reducing her to her gender. Captain Marvel works better.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #517
DrDoom
Dictator

Yeah, MoS was not far from SINO.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #518
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
.... that's because the name "superman" is complete.... you wouldn't call a hero simply "Marvel" either.
Yeah, or just "Invincible"

Old 09-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #519
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Why does she have to be called Ms. you're deliberately reducing her to her gender. Captain Marvel works better.
Because Carol's also a fiesty and flirty woman at the same time... she can own the gender name. what.. we going to stop calling Iron Man by his name because it's not gender neutral? come on now

[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #520
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Because Carol's also a fiesty and flirty woman at the same time... she can own the gender name. what.. we going to stop calling Iron Man by his name because it's not gender neutral? come on now
True, Ms. Marvel isnt much different than "Wonder Woman"

Just putting the gender term at the beginning instead of the end. We wouldnt want them to call her just "Wonder" or worse "Amazon" in a movie

Old 09-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #521
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

They can just call her Warbird.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #522
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or we can just call her CAPTAIN MARVEL, what is so wrong with that?

Old 09-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #523
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

The title, for some fans, will be remembered in association with Mar-Vell, while Marvel has been trying to apply it to Carol, with the relaunched book.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #524
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Or we can just call her CAPTAIN MARVEL, what is so wrong with that?
What is so wrong with Ms. marvel? What is so wrong with that. This is apples and oranges. Doesn't make a difference.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #525
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
The title, for some fans, will be remembered in association with Mar-Vell, while Marvel has been trying to apply it to Carol, with the relaunched book.
THIS.

Marvel re-branded the Danvers character as "Captain Marvel" just a few months ago, whereas Captain Mar-Vell held the title since 1967. I no more consider her to be Captain Marvel than I consider Bucky to be Captain America.

Closed Thread