No but really, screw Venom.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #102
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Default Re: Venom

Venom could steal the whole movie by himself if done correctly. In the last few minutes, have Brock become Venom and lead up to Amazing Spider-Man 4.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #103
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Why don't we compromise and talk about... Monster Ock?

Yes! Why the heck not, right? We could totally have a hybrid situation forming in number 4.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #104
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Brock Lesnar 4 V3Nom!!!!!!!11!

No but really, screw Venom.
Not this.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #105
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

How about no venom at all

Seriously, let's get the ones that haven't been done at all. In order to do Venom any good, you would need to re-write him alot, ala Raimi, who actually gave Venom motiviations to hate spider-man.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #106
Victarion
Dolt

The symbiote should be a cure for cancer that the Parkers and Brocks were developing. Something comissioned by Norman Osborn, in the interest of saving his failing health.

Eddie Brock is working as a journalist overseas where the US is engaged in a country that unleashed chemical weaponry. Eddie sees that some of the weaponry was provided by OsCorp, and that the weapons are being delivered to thugs working for a crime boss based in New York (either Black Tarantula, Silver Mane, or whoever you like). The thugs are in turn selling them to both sides of the conflict. The US is aware, but hasn't intervened because it would be against their interests. They're too busy going after the head-honcho, at the cost of civilian lives. Eddie returns to the states with this evidence, and works with Peter to get into OsCorp.

Eddie gathers evidence condemning OsCorp. Meanwhile Peter, in the black suite, is fighting a city-wide gangland war against the Sinister Six: super-powered gang lords trying to carve out their place in the underworld. Peter is forced to strike a deal with one of the Six in order to stand a chance against the other five. Eddie sees Spider-Man meeting with this member of the S6 and feels as if his crusade has been worthless.

Peter is forced to shed the black suite, which promptly seeks out Eddie Brock (recognizing his DNA or something like that) and merges with him. The suite attacks his central nervous system, and tempts him with the power to avenge New York's smoldering corpse (in the aftermath of the S6 war). Thus Venom commits several violent, brutal murders related to the people he percieves as having a hand in the S6/overseas attacks.

Peter is recovering from the black suite; it provided him a temporary burst of strength/power, and left him drained and weak afterward. Thus a mentally and physically exhausted Spider-Man must battle Venom, a zealot unable to come to terms with the fact that the world doesn't work on a black and white scale of morality.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #107
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

That's probably the approach they will take if Webb decide to do Venom...the cancer suit, not necessarily how you are describing it; but, given Norman's illness, I imagine that will be their approach. I think that will be yet another catastrophic mistake in their approach in doing Venom, and in that case, would prefer they just leave the character alone.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #108
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
That's probably the approach they will take if Webb decide to do Venom...the cancer suit, not necessarily how you are describing it; but, given Norman's illness, I imagine that will be their approach. I think that will be yet another catastrophic mistake in their approach in doing Venom, and in that case, would prefer they just leave the character alone.
You should know, you're his father.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #109
Victarion
Dolt

Explain your reasoning behind it being a catastrophic mistake, Venom'sDad.

WTH did that do to Ock?

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #110
ETGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Zylka as Venom? That's a bit weird, no and no thanks. The whole angle won't be able to cut it. At least not in my opinion.

Brock is the true Venom. Wish this guy had a little mercy from the writers. First he's Venom, goes through cancer, then he's Antivenom, and suddenly he's Toxin.
They can recast Flash. If you haven't read the book you should try it. For it's own stand alone movie it can work.

ETGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #111
JOE

Am I the only one here who thinks the symbiote's hate for Peter combined with Brock's hate are absolutely necessary for Venom? The common enemy aspect of Venom is one of his greatest strengths.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #112
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Explain your reasoning behind it being a catastrophic mistake, Venom'sDad.
I have said on numerous occasion, the greatest mistake Raimi made with Venom, a character he stated he didn't like, understand, and was hollow, in Spider-Man 3, was not re-inventing the character in all three aspects of the character(from Brock, the Symbiote, and Venom itself), and establishing some real foundation for the character moving forward, when given the opportunity, vs just continuing to follow the same ole characterization from the comics that numerous of people, including himself, said was hollow, foundationless, and quite frankly lack real motivation.

SO, if Webb decide to follow suit(no pun intended), and go the"Cancer Suit" route, then once again, there will be a lack of characterization for the character as a whole, as in the comics...foundationless, lack of motivation & reason, and hollow with no real human element. In particular the Symbiote...which is effectively turned simply into just a soulless, detached object created by man, and not a natural occurring entity that has it's own intellect, existence, and instincts.

I do imagine Webb would probably do a much better job in establishing the character Brock, in terms of giving the character more background, and possibly more of a foundation, as to who he is, and/or the make-up/persona of the character. However, if he continue to follow the blue-print established by the comics, and to some respects, the cartoon, then I'm not so sure. They have to look at developing all three aspects that make up the character Venom...if they don't do that, the character will not be memorable, and will continue to be look at, the way many are looking at the character now.

IMO...that is what so catastrophic for a character with so much potential.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #113
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

What should be done is a combination of both cartoons, SSP and TAS. Say ASM 3 starts with the announcement that John Jameson has discovered a unique new life form in space. The symbiote will be brought to Empire State for staff (Peter included) to research. While being studied, it could be known that this organism feeds off emotion. Then one night while Peter is alone in the lab, Green Goblin attacks, and the lab is destroyed, but in the fight, the symbiote attaches itself to Peter. It's a simple storyline, and even a complete idiot could've done it right the first try.

Symbiote makes Peter faster and stronger, but also has a negative effect on him.
Peter gets Brock fired.
Brock gets mad at Peter and/or Spider-Man.
Gwen shows concern over Peter, and it gets to him.
Green Goblin is still terrorizing, but with the suit, Peter is menacing toward Norman.

Then basically go from there. Eventually have Peter go too far, forcing him to disband the suit. He loses the suit, and Brock gets it. Brock and the symbiote's hate merge to create Venom.

Put the black costume in Amazing Spider-Man 3, use the crashed space shuttle for its origin. Introduce Jensen Ackles as Brock, the climax will have Spider-Man lose the symbiote in the tower, then post-credits we see Brock as Venom.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #114
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

If they do end up introducing the symbiote, its probably going to be the "Cancer suit" like in Ultimate Spider-Man. I think the symbiote coming from space would not work in Webb's universe, but you never know.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #115
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Venom is huge, his character takes time to be born. They need to advertise him. If they have Brock and the symbiote in 3 (not Venom), this would make an awesome cliff-hanger for people to go see 4 (and make 4 one of the first movies to make the fourth film better than the rest).

Put the black costume in Amazing Spider-Man 3, use the crashed space shuttle for its origin. Introduce Jensen Ackles as Brock, the climax will have Spider-Man lose the symbiote in the tower, then post-credits we see Brock as Venom.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #116
JOE

I'm Venom, Venom's Dad... I feel left out.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 09-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #117
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Maybe in the 4th or 5th movie, or maybe after Spider-Man defeated Sinister Six.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #118
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks the symbiote's hate for Peter combined with Brock's hate are absolutely necessary for Venom? The common enemy aspect of Venom is one of his greatest strengths.
Yes...yes you are. I find it totally unnecessary, and think it would be a mistake, hollow, and lazy writing to approach the character in that way.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #119
JOE

Quote:
Yes...yes you are. I find it totally unnecessary, and think it would be a mistake, hollow, and lazy writing to approach the character in that way.
Mistake, lazy, hollow? Are you nuts? It's one of the most popular interpretations of the character. People loved it in The Spectacular Spider-Man and even in the 90's series people loved it. You're cray.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 09-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #120
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

For Venom to appear, Eddie Brock needs to be in at least one of more of the previous films. There needs to be a series of catastrophic personal events show for which Eddie can blame Spider-man. Without an extended history, we'll have a rehash of Raimi's pathetic Blowpher Venom, even if the new actor actually looks like a man instead of a teenager. In other words, Eddie needs a few years in the timeline to descend to the level insanity that is necessary.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #121
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
It's completely necessary. It's part of what makes Venom a multi-layed character. Part of Raimi's failure was to recognize that Venom thinks as "we", not "I".

Old 09-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #122
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Brock's character has to be fleshed out before he becomes Venom. They have to make you believe Brock's hatred for Peter and why he wants him dead. Green Goblin will come, but Venom definitely needs to show up. He's Spider-Man's ultimate villain.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #123
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

^And what reason would that be, to hate Peter that much, to want him dead?

Old 09-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #124
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Here's a CG sculpt that a fan made.

http://raoninery.com/?portfolio=venom-2

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #125
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
^And what reason would that be, to hate Peter that much, to want him dead?
Brock's motivation is that he believes Spider-Man ruined his life... that's just part of a bigger story. It's not just about Spider-Man, it's more about Brock's father, long story. Also, Brock wants to be a good guy, and his desire to punish bad guys is actually caused by the symbiote, but at the same time, he couldn't leave the alien. There's a lot of inner struggle in the character, but it obviously was enough to push him over the edge. Failing makes someone like Brock lose what little sanity he had left, and he goes off the deep end.