The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #26
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Well I think the idea of Star Wars in the MCU is awful.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #27
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Didn't they have tron suits in the comics for a bit?

I could seem them having "the Grid" Sam Flynn enter the real world and become a hero in the MCU.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-09-2013 at 07:15 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #28
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Why the heck would they need Vin for Spider-Man? Honestly... how does that even halfway make sense? What could Vin be doing that they'd need to contact him

Obviously putting it together with something else in the MCU isn't merging of the brands. Putting it GOTG with Avengers isn't merging of the brands, because they already are in the same universe, unless you think they're going to stop making Avengers and GOTG separate and make it one merged GOTG-Avengers franchise. If not, then you're not talking about merging the brands anymore than they are right now, so it can't be something in the MCU currently.

And if it's not in the MCU currently... and it's not Spider-Man... WOWZA. You can put safe bets on it not being a Fox property, and if that's the case, then you can put safe bets on it not being something from the Marvel universe, you're talking about something from a different brand.

So now where in lala-land because the only 'brands' Vin Diesel needs to be on the ground floor in are Fast and Furious, xXx and Riddick. Riddick's story doesn't mesh with current day anything, so that's right out. And while I love me some FnF and xXx, neither of them seem like a great Marvel Universe adventure. That would be, in short, a waste.

So then we start asking about non-Vin properties that he might be on the ground floor on... and that way madness lies. Something is inaccurate here, or at least, very easily misinterpreted.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #29
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

So what do you think he means?

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #30
Dasher10
Side-Kick

My guess is that Sony and Marvel are going to work out some sort of deal seeing as how Vin Deisel is Groot and the symbiote has to get to Earth somehow and perhaps the Guardians are going to play a small role in the black costume saga.

The only other brand to merge that's coming in 2016 would be X-Force tying into the MCU which I could only see happening if the Brood are tied up with the Ms. Marvel rights and Vulcan belongs to GOTG and Fox wants to work out a shared universe as they've had issues with shared characters like Ronan, Viper and Quicksilver.

Kang already is part of the Avengers rights and Fox probably wants to use him in a Fantastic Four movie since he's related to both franchises and in return Marvel knows that Wolverine, Storm, Rogue and Beast are all Avengers but belong to Fox while they also probably want to use Omega Red in a Black Widow solo film.

Disney and Newscorp really need to let go of the bad blood between them. The franchises are reaching a point where overlap is inevitable and I have no idea who owns Excalibur, Starjammers or Alpha Flight anymore, or worse, if these properties inhabit a grey area and are unfilmable.

And then with Marvel doing a Blade reboot, who owns Xarus? He was introduced in a Blade/X-Men crossover. Also, Juggernaut was in X3 but he's also a Hulk and Spider-Man villain. Without any sort of brand merging, there's eventually going to be too much red tape to move any franchise forward.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #31
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

All studios have plenty of villains that i don't see them making deals so they could use one specific villain that was in a specific story they want to adapt. No comic book story has been adapted with keeping all of the same characters as they were in the comics.

I don't think Sony cares if the symbiote arrives buy a nameless shuttle, metoer, Groot or is made in a Lab.

Fox has Annihilus, Doom, Galactus, Moleman and probably others that they don't need Kang.

Iron Patriot is a prime example, instead of working ut deals to use Norman osborn as the Iron Patriot down they road they just used Rhodes in the armour

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-09-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Maybe Vin is his own brand?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #33
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
All studios have plenty of villains that i don't see them making deals so they could use one specific villain that was in a specific story they want to adapt. No comic book story has been adapted with keeping all of the same characters as they were in the comics.

I don't think Sony cares if the symbiote arrives buy a nameless shuttle, metoer, Groot or is made in a Lab.

Fox has Annihilus, Doom, Galactus, Moleman and probably others that they don't need Kang.

Iron Patriot is a prime example, instead of working ut deals to use Norman osborn as the Iron Patriot down they road they just used Rhodes in the armour
You forgot Super Skrull. I'd also like to see a Frightful Four lineup with Wizard, Trapster, Mad Thinker and Lucia Von Bardas. None of those four could carry their own film but together I could see a Frightful Four lineup like that.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #34
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I wonder if Fox or Sony has Hydroman. I don't mind who uses himbut i'd love to see Hydroman on the big screen

Old 09-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #35
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Maybe Vin is his own brand?
That's what I'm thinking - the two brands are "Marvel" and "Vin Diesel".

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #36
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Perhaps a Phase 3 movies is called "Merging of the Brands"

Old 09-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #37
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

A lot of possibilities. Lot of questions. Here are my thoughts on this. Let me know what you think in the comments.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/09/merg...marvel-movies/

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #38
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Its hard to know what Vin is talking about, as others have said, it wont be Spiderman or the X-Men in the MCU, I cant see it anyway, so what else could he be talking about?

Mixing the cosmic characters with the Avengers makes the most sense, as lets face it other than Thanos GOTG isnt connected to the rest of the MCU, yet anyway.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #39
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
A lot of possibilities. Lot of questions. Here are my thoughts on this. Let me know what you think in the comments.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/09/merg...marvel-movies/
Great write-up.

I agree that having all the characters under one studio would be too much especially with their tendancy to force a connection between everyone. Plenty work best seperate, Iron Fist and Luke Cage for example need to be street level and have no connection to SHIELD

A GOTG/Avengers seems a natural crossover given how they are planning Thanos out.

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-09-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #40
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Thank you droidwarrior, please spread the topic around if you can, I'd like to hear what others think about it as well.

I just wrote what I thought, it's too much of a hassle to assemble (ha, ha, ha) all of these big name characters into one movie. Too much background noise and stepping on toes.

They need to continue building up their singular characters and occasionally have a crossover. I would love to see Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel have her own flick then join the Avengers so that the only female isn't Black Widow. And what about Spider-Woman? She could be cool too.

It's better to have interchangeable parts rather than a mega ensemble in my opinion. That's how it works in the comics.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic

Last edited by BlackMagicWolf; 09-09-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #41
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

GOTG/Avengers isn't even remotely a "merging of brands." Nor is it "something really big that people have been talking about for a long time." Trying to say GOTG is a separate "brand" from Avengers is like saying Captain America is a separate "brand" from Iron Man, or Hulk, or Thor; in which case we've already had a "merging of 'brands'" in 2012, making that point totally moot.

Separate titles under the Marvel Studios heading is *not* the same thing as separate brands that would require a "merger."

Examples of separate brands, as far as Marvel Studios is concerned: Spider-Man. X-Men. Fantastic Four. Namor (currently still farmed out to Universal). Star Wars. Disney/Pixar properties. Riddick, or other Vin properties. Hell....even *DC Comics.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Why the heck would they need Vin for Spider-Man? Honestly... how does that even halfway make sense? What could Vin be doing that they'd need to contact him
Same thing I keep saying:
Vin Diesel as Kingpin.
Marvel Studios reboots Daredevil; puts Vin as Kingpin as the main villain; shares Kingpin with TASM in a crossover story, and officially shares the MCU with Sony's Spider-Man (sub-)universe.

Plug all that into Vin's comments, and it makes perfect sense.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #42
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Funny how those who take this literally seem to be ignoring the three words he said after merging of brands.

"In A Way"

He didn't say it's going to be a merging of brands. He said "its LIKE the merging of brands IN A WAY"

There's a difference.

Could be anything, but sounds much more like a merging of Cosmic Marvel with Avengers Marvel.

SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #43
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
Funny how those who take this literally seem to be ignoring the three words he said after merging of brands.

"In A Way"

He didn't say it's going to be a merging of brands. He said "its LIKE the merging of brands IN A WAY"

There's a difference.

Could be anything, but sounds much more like a merging of Cosmic Marvel with Avengers Marvel.
Thor has already soundly "merged" Cosmic Marvel with Avengers Marvel. There's nothing there that's left to "merge," since the Asgardians, Thanos, the Chitauri and The Other have all been introduced through Thor, Odin, and Loki.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #44
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I actually made both points in my article. I interpret "merging of brands" in many ways and how each could affect the movies going forward.

It's very much up for interpretation, and just because you don't think some people want something doesn't mean they don't.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #45
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Bet that movie he is talking about is Avengers 3....or, I firmly believe it's going to be multi-studio crossover Infinity Gauntlet movie.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #46
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I would love an Infinity Gauntlet movie. That would be cool.

Like I said, many interpretations.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #47
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

I think it's going to be The Avengers meets James Bond. I mean, they just moved Ant-Man away from the next Bond release date.

They don't want the competition because they are going to be merged in A3. It's the only thing that makes sense when you think about it!

Ah, the Internet. So much silliness.

SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #48
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Legit, whatever it is, it's going to be ONLY Marvel related.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #49
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm guessing that Marvel may be bringing it's various different types of movies together (techno-thriller IM, Political Thriller/war movie CA, Cosmic GOTG, mystic Thor and Doctor Strange, etc) in one gigantic project, Infinity Gauntlet seems like a logical choice.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #50
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Who even knows how Vin defines "brand"