The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 08-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Default Re: anyone else miss peter parker?

Yeah, because we have a competent writer that's making it work. If it wasn't working we'd all be screaming our heads off about it.

It's amazing what GREAT storytelling will get you.......it makes most of us fans as happy as clams.

runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #27
bugman
man of bugs

and i agree that mostly, it's been very interesting. it's a little comical that in a world of skrulls and artificial people and chameleons and such that everyone isn't like "gee, that's an imposter if i ever saw one," but hey, i've always liked doc ock and this is a compelling way to see him...but it should be an a 24 part arc of amazing spider-man, say issues #700-724. go ahead, call it superior, but maintain the fidelity of the title. as you say, us fans enjoy good writing; it doesn't require massive issue gimmicks to get us on board.

bugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #28
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
I'll give you that... maybe haters WAS too strong a word for those that seem to prefer Otto assuming the role from Peter...
I can't speak for others, but in regards to me...

I'm digging the current story line because it's an interesting story in the life and times of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and it's also a unique perspective that will never happen again, because people will simply state "not again", "oh noes, been there done that", etc... so we'll never ever get to see one of Spidey's rogues take over his mind ever again, or at least, not for a very long time...

So with that in mind, I don't mind if this bus ride takes a bit longer because it's cool, and it's unique, and let's get to read as many stories as we can... rather than wrapping it up in 3 to 6 months... which is what we basically got with the unmasking... 8 months of stories, when we could have gotten so much more...

The stories have been awesome, and I'll ride it out for as long as it takes...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #29
Spider‑Man
Banned User

Edit

Spider‑Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #30
Shockdingo
Cap America luvin' Canuck

I'm enjoying Superior (a little behind on things lately) and while I had some problems here and there, it's making for an interesting chapter in Pete's career. The thing is, if this was permanent, it would get old after a bit. I can only take so much of Otto gloating and being a tool to everyone. Spend too long on this, and what happens? Otto either becomes more Peter-like (thus defeating the point of the change in the first place) or continues with what he's doing and becomes a villain again.

While a villainous protagonist book would be interesting, if it's the new status quo, people will eventually want the original character back and / or want the anti-villain to be their own identity rather than just being Spidey in name only.

Shockdingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #31
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Not at all actually. I think this is the most I've enjoyed Spider-Man...ever. Otto replacing the usual annoying mid-fight quips with condescension and sarcasm is just wonderful. I'll actually be kinda bummed when Peter eventually comes back.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #32
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I won't. This thing is gonna run it's course. Ock won't even stay in another younger body as a Spidey carbon copy a la Kaine/Scarlet Spider. At some point a writer is going to want to tell his own Ock story where he's back doing his mad scientist routine.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if there was a moratorium for using the character for a long period of time. It seems like that's what they did with Osborn after he was king of the Marvel villains for a while.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #33
Spidey's Curse
!@#$*

I honestly think they should bring an "Untold Tales of Spider-man" type title back so people can still read Pete. You could have them set in various times from spidey's past, that way people could still read the classic versions of the characters they love and characters who have been long gone. Have it in or out of continuity, I don't care, I'd def read it.

Spidey's Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #34
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey's Curse View Post
I honestly think they should bring an "Untold Tales of Spider-man" type title back so people can still read Pete. You could have them set in various times from spidey's past, that way people could still read the classic versions of the characters they love and characters who have been long gone. Have it in or out of continuity, I don't care, I'd def read it.
They did last week, Marvel Knights Spider-Man. It's only 5 issues but it's something.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #35
Themanofbat

Not to mention ASM # 700.1, 700.2, 700.3, 700.4 & 700.5 coming out in December.

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 10-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #36
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Of course. To me, the "Superior" thing is a lame and childish conceit. As though you can put anyone in the Spider-Man costume and suddenly, they're Spider-Man (and even if that's the point of the exercise, it's unecessary to drag it out for a year +). Can't wait for the next mindswap and seeing Norman Osborn in the Spidey costume.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #37
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Of course. To me, the "Superior" thing is a lame and childish conceit. As though you can put anyone in the Spider-Man costume and suddenly, they're Spider-Man (and even if that's the point of the exercise, it's unecessary to drag it out for a year +). Can't wait for the next mindswap and seeing Norman Osborn in the Spidey costume.
Well, clearly you have not read a single issue.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
Themanofbat

Clearly.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #39
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I gave superior some lack but I enjoy it now

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Green Goblin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:42 AM   #40
Morbius
Living Vampire

I certainly didn't expect Doc to erase Parker from his mind - at first I was thinking to myself, okay, so Parker is still in his head, he'll wrestle for control, it's a bit clichéd but okay... then BAM!

It was very...existentialist or something - I remember reading that scene and thinking, which one is the real parker? The residual memories and thoughts that Doc just erased, or the consciousness that was transferred into his dying body?

I miss Parker, but i'm not even sure which one IS Parker!

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote