Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #76
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I think it's going to be Flash casting for Arrow. Eh Maybe teases way too much, and he does get things wrong at times.
yeah i figured as much.

I'll be over there in Nepal with those monkey- head chicks. They'll all be hitting on me. "Hey, John... ...thanks a lot for keeping the Chinese off our backs. We appreciate it. Is there anything we can do for you? Oh, and by the way, handsome... ...we've never been in a Winnebago." You figure it out.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #77
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Heh. I had a feeling it'd end up being Flash news.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 09-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #78
Binker
Side-Kick

Just throwing this out there: somewhere in the vast number of parallel universes out there, there might be one where a Superman/Batman movie exists with Bruce Willis is Superman and Clint Eastwood is Batman. And I'm not opposed in going there to see that...

Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #79
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Disney and Marvel Studios made a colossal mistake by moving Ant-Man from November 6th to July 31st (only two weeks after this film hits).

I think people are going to get burned out on the superhero titles at that point (much like families being overwhelmed with animated pics this summer). I think the buzz surrounding this film will ultimately overshadow Ant-Man, and Disney will end up with egg on their face.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

"Come Think With Us."
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #80
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

Quote:
Disney and Marvel Studios made a colossal mistake by moving Ant-Man from November 6th to July 31st (only two weeks after this film hits).

I think people are going to get burned out on the superhero titles at that point (much like families being overwhelmed with animated pics this summer). I think the buzz surrounding this film will ultimately overshadow Ant-Man, and Disney will end up with egg on their face.

I hadn't realised the date had been moved, yeah that is dumb. Not only because it will have to go up against this film but also because it's only a few months after Avengers 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Just throwing this out there: somewhere in the vast number of parallel universes out there, there might be one where a Superman/Batman movie exists with Bruce Willis is Superman and Clint Eastwood is Batman. And I'm not opposed in going there to see that...
My interest in Clint Eastwood disintegrated after he started talking to an empty chair.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #81
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynold View Post
I hadn't realised the date had been moved, yeah that is dumb. Not only because it will have to go up against this film but also because it's only a few months after Avengers 2.
why would moving it closer to AV2 be a bad thing?

Old 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #82
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

Quote:

I agree about the move. This film has been trying to get off the ground for what, over a decade now? Two of the biggest icons going at it. Just a bit of advertising is necessary. Most, I think, will just want to see this interaction similar to how we all wanted to see how the Avengers would interact for the first time.

Not sure if families are going to get burned out. Certainly, it could be argued the market is over-saturated. As long as the movies have something new that hasn't really been seen or put a spin on things, I think people will go. I overheard employees discussing how awesome Man of Steel's action was. Hancock, Matrix Revolutions, etc. had similar action, but Man of Steel took it to a different level. However, with the economy in the state it's in, people will continue to be choosey. I know I am

Old 09-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #83
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
why would moving it closer to AV2 be a bad thing?
Because having it further away leaves more time for marketing as well as just letting the audience breathe. Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were released within a month of each other and the result was nobody went to go see The Incredible Hulk. That's not something Marvel wants with such a risky character like Ant Man.

"I aim to misbehave."
Old 09-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #84
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynold View Post
Because having it further away leaves more time for marketing as well as just letting the audience breathe. Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were released within a month of each other and the result was nobody went to go see The Incredible Hulk. That's not something Marvel wants with such a risky character like Ant Man.
I was under the impression no one went to see hulk for two major other reasons(ang lee's existence and the films' quality in itself).

It's an interesting point though. I find myself curious just how much worse IM3 would have done had it opened 2 months after Avengers in 2012(ignoring TDKR).
Seems like you wanna ride that hype wave fast and ready no?

Old 09-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #85
samsnee
Side-Kick

I agree that Ant-man is too close to Superman/Batman. Part me of is wondering if Marvel is throwing some shade and will use it as an excuse for why the BO may not be that big.

Frankly, I'm surprised they are doing 2 movies that year. I figured years when there was an Avengers movie, it would just be one in order to make it more special.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #86
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

This has probably been discussed, but this whole thing has played out almost exactly as stated in this thinkmcflythink article, written back in 2011. http://www.thinkmcflythink.com/movie...man-movie.html

Old 09-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #87
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Though Warner Bros. has not issued a formal announcement on the matter, cinematographer Larry Fong's resume at Worldwide Production Agency has been updated to include his involvement in the upcoming Superman/Batman movie with director Zack Snyder. Fong and Snyder have previously worked together on 300, Watchmen, and Sucker Punch, in addition to a number of music videos. His last two films were Super 8 and Now You See Me.

The new film is being scripted by David S. Goyer from a story he co-created with Snyder. Man of Steel's Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman in the film along with Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also reprise their roles in the sequel. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2015 with production expected to begin in February of 2014 in Detroit.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...anbatman-movie

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #88
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Well Larry Fong is back....yayy!

Old 09-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #89
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Larry Fong shot the MOS National Guard videos.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #90
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think Disney Is moving ant-man away from november so not to be up against the new James Bond film.They would rather be up against the followup to man of steel/batman reboot than followup to skyfall.

Havint the DP who shot watchman doing this film Is good news.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #91
StarLord
Believe.

Excellent news.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #92
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

At this point untill Disney allows merchadize for X-Men films My intrest In Disney/MS films Is very low.I am more intrested In batman/superman than Avengers.Ant-man coming 2 weeks after Batman/Superman? Are you kidding me?
Disney likely assured ant-man will be another incredible Hulk.

Why Is disney doing this?Likely to move ant-man away from next daniel Craig Bond film,and the fact Star Wars episode 7 will open In November/December

Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #93
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:

Disney think that they are providing competition for WB, but they are harming the genre by doing this, not only their movie will earn less, people will also get superhero fatigue.

I mean, general audience will think - Superman Vs Batman followed by Ant-Man ?

Give me another Adam Sandler comedy

*\S/T*
Old 09-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #94
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
At this point untill Disney allows merchadize for X-Men films My intrest In Disney/MS films Is very low.I am more intrested In batman/superman than Avengers.Ant-man coming 2 weeks after Batman/Superman? Are you kidding me?
Disney likely assured ant-man will be another incredible Hulk.

Why Is disney doing this?Likely to move ant-man away from next daniel Craig Bond film,and the fact Star Wars episode 7 will open In November/December
Is it really opening then? I thought that it was going to open in July or whenever the traditional opening date in the summer was for Star Wars. When did it move?

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 09-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #95
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That Is the rumor.Avengers has may and now ant-man has july.The way It is looking it's almost defente to move star wars to Christmas.If star wars was opening in summer disney would have likely announced that by now.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #96
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is it really opening then? I thought that it was going to open in July or whenever the traditional opening date in the summer was for Star Wars. When did it move?
Would love to watch those in the winter season.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #97
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Disney think that they are providing competition for WB, but they are harming the genre by doing this, not only their movie will earn less, people will also get superhero fatigue.

I mean, general audience will think - Superman Vs Batman followed by Ant-Man ?

Give me another Adam Sandler comedy
The influx of too many animated films in the summer forced families to choose 1-2 films... those were the successful Monsters University and the behemoth that was Despicable Me 2. Turbo came two weeks after the latter, and it got lost in the shuffle.

I see a similar situation playing out in summer 2015. Avengers: Age of Ultron and Superman vs. Batman being huge winners, but Ant-Man will lose out.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 09-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #98
samsnee
Side-Kick

So here's a topic of discussion:How long after the events of MOS should this movie take place? TDKR took place 7 years after TDK. I think if we want to see the Superman who is noble and loved by everyone, it needs to be at least 2-3 years. I want to see a Superman in his prime against a Batman in his prime so I'm for that.However, we would then miss out on any immediate consequences to Metropolis' destruction.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #99
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
So here's a topic of discussion:How long after the events of MOS should this movie take place? TDKR took place 7 years after TDK. I think if we want to see the Superman who is noble and loved by everyone, it needs to be at least 2-3 years. I want to see a Superman in his prime against a Batman in his prime so I'm for that.However, we would then miss out on any immediate consequences to Metropolis' destruction.
I think less than a year is long enough. It should begin just as the rebuilding of Metropolis finishes. If we jump 3 years ahead Superman will have already gone through the character development in reaction to the ending of Man of Steel.

"I aim to misbehave."
Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #100
samsnee
Side-Kick

But I would for the opening to be on Superman taking on an established B-villain like Toyman.

I like what Amazing Spider-man 2 is doing. They did their own unique spin for the origin. But for the second, they're sticking closer to the comics with the classic costume and colorful villains.

Closed Thread