The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #76
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,560
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And, there's the fact that Joss Whedon has specifically denied there'll ever be a crossover between GOTG and Avengers.



http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-gua...e-two-2-story/
Well, if Thanos is all powerful for Avengers 3, the Avengers are going to need more than just Falcon and Rhodey helping them.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #77
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,166
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

CoughCaptainMarvelcough

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #78
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

I think cherokeesam is right in every word. It amazes me how some people don't see why it's not a GotG and Avengers "crossover". Just read all his points, it's very simple and logical.

I honestly highly believe it's Spider-Man in the MCU. Perhaps that will affect ASM4 as well.

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #79
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I think cherokeesam is right in every word. It amazes me how some people don't see why it's not a GotG and Avengers "crossover". Just read all his points, it's very simple and logical.

I honestly highly believe it's Spider-Man in the MCU. Perhaps that will affect ASM4 as well.
I think so, too.
All the pieces add up:

a Sony-Marvel merger that would allow Spidey into the MCU has been discussed constantly (case in point....) even from the Raimi days;

it's definitely "something big";

it would definitely fit the "kinda like a merger of brands" criteria;

Sony and Marvel both have long said they're amenable to a crossover, and there were even plans to include Stark Tower in the TASM skyline;

Vin talked about being in a "new IP" for 2016, and Daredevil seems like a reasonable candidate for one of those coveted slots;

Feige said something awhile back about a major event in the MCU in 2017, and even back then a lot of speculation swung towards Spider-Man;

Vin Diesel as Kingpin makes perfect sense ---- hell, imho, it's the role he was born to play;

Vin has stated that he wanted to play a villain in Marvel instead of a hero;

and Kingpin is the ideal connector between a Sony property (TASM) and a Marvel one (DD).

Marvel *needs* to roll out their Marvel Knights, their street-level heroes. I've always said Marvel Studios should create a smaller substudio --- i.e., "Marvel Knights" --- to handle smaller-budget properties like Daredevil, Elektra, Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider; and adding Spider-Man to the mix....well, that's where the rubber meets the road. They *belong* together....a street level sub-MCU that operates in the same universe as the Avengers and the cosmic heroes and villains, while still keeping them as separate as they more or less are in the actual comic-book universe.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #80
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,507
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

I guess another thing going for this Spider-Man theory is Marc Webb's comments about how TASM4 wouldn't be "just" a SM movie. I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon but IMO, it's plausible and not entirely out of the question.

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #81
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
I guess another thing going for this Spider-Man theory is Marc Webb's comments about how TASM4 wouldn't be "just" a SM movie. I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon but IMO, it's plausible and not entirely out of the question.
Exactly.

And there's this, from the Daredevil film wiki:

Quote:
On March 15, 2011, it was announced that filmmaker David Slade would be directing the reboot, but he later had to drop out due to other obligations. Fringe writer and producer Brad Caleb Kane was hired to pen the Slade-directed film.Vin Diesel showed interest in playing the role of Kingpin. On September 3, 2012, Duncan died, precluding him from further reprising his Kingpin role.
And finally, I'll just leave this here:




Mr. Parker....Mr. Murdoch.....your days are numbered.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #82
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Very well said both of you cherokee and MovieMaster.

Also, I'd like to add that apparently, in ASM2 there will be talks about "The Big Man". Even though Kingpin isn't that guy in the comics, they might change that like Tombstone in TSSM.

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #83
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic
 
BlackMagicWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,804
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

I would just like to note that some of us did say that "a merging of the brands" was a reference to Spider-Man/X-Men/Fantastic Four coming to the MCU.

Some of us LOOKED BEYOND what Vin Diesel said and thought that a GOTG/Avengers crossover would be a "merging of brands" and a likely thing that some people have wanted.

__________________
A dream of mine has come true, I wrote a comic called Guardians, and it's available for purchase. And the prologue issue is FREE!

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #84
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And, there's the fact that Joss Whedon has specifically denied there'll ever be a crossover between GOTG and Avengers.



http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-gua...e-two-2-story/
He didn't say there would never be one there. :/

And if you guys seriously think there ever be a crossover between Fox/Sony/Marvel films and using this as an indication then you're setting yourselves up from disappointment. It's not happening and Diesel was assuredly not talking about that.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #85
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,077
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

I think TASM4 is a sinister six film.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #86
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,090
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think so, too.
All the pieces add up:

a Sony-Marvel merger that would allow Spidey into the MCU has been discussed constantly (case in point....) even from the Raimi days;

it's definitely "something big";

it would definitely fit the "kinda like a merger of brands" criteria;

Sony and Marvel both have long said they're amenable to a crossover, and there were even plans to include Stark Tower in the TASM skyline;

Vin talked about being in a "new IP" for 2016, and Daredevil seems like a reasonable candidate for one of those coveted slots;

Feige said something awhile back about a major event in the MCU in 2017, and even back then a lot of speculation swung towards Spider-Man;

Vin Diesel as Kingpin makes perfect sense ---- hell, imho, it's the role he was born to play;

Vin has stated that he wanted to play a villain in Marvel instead of a hero;

and Kingpin is the ideal connector between a Sony property (TASM) and a Marvel one (DD).

Marvel *needs* to roll out their Marvel Knights, their street-level heroes. I've always said Marvel Studios should create a smaller substudio --- i.e., "Marvel Knights" --- to handle smaller-budget properties like Daredevil, Elektra, Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider; and adding Spider-Man to the mix....well, that's where the rubber meets the road. They *belong* together....a street level sub-MCU that operates in the same universe as the Avengers and the cosmic heroes and villains, while still keeping them as separate as they more or less are in the actual comic-book universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
He didn't say there would never be one there. :/

And if you guys seriously think there ever be a crossover between Fox/Sony/Marvel films and using this as an indication then you're setting yourselves up from disappointment. It's not happening and Diesel was assuredly not talking about that.

I wouldn't be so sure, but we'll wait and see.

Also, Hugh Jackman just said that he almost had a cameo in the Spider man movie.

Still sayin it, Avengers 3, Infinity Gauntlet

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #87
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,077
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

When did Jackman say that?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #88
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,507
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

It wasn't going to be an actual Wolverine cameo, he was just going to appear in the background y'know. Here's the quote anyway:

Quote:
"In the first "Spider-Man" -- Kevin Feige reminded me of this -- we really tried to get me to come on and do something, whether it was a gag or just to walk through the shot or something. The problem was, we couldn't find the suit. The suit was stuck in some thing. And so when they were in New York when I was there, we couldn't get it together. So, you know, I actually asked some high level people about it. Because the optimist in me goes, "Why not? Why can't we do it? You know, a split cast or whatever?" And someone reminded that the amount of money Fox paid compared to the amount of money Disney paid is very different [laughs]. So how you split that pie up? God knows. But in the comic books, what's great about it is they're just mashing together all the time -- and it's awesome. And people are like, "Yeah, well, let's get this one with that!" And, you know, I still think, one day, there may be an ability to do it."

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #89
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,560
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I think TASM4 is a sinister six film.
That could change easily if Sony and Marvel merge their Marvel properties before TASM 4 begins shooting.

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #90
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,090
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
It wasn't going to be an actual Wolverine cameo, he was just going to appear in the background y'know. Here's the quote anyway:
But it's still Hugh Jackman, and could be perceived as a hint. He's really adamant about a crossover, still lol.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #91
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,090
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
That could change easily if Sony and Marvel merge their Marvel properties before TASM 4 begins shooting.
IF it happens, I don't think it would be a merging of properties, I think it would simply be ONE film.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #92
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 39,560
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
IF it happens, I don't think it would be a merging of properties, I think it would simply be ONE film.
Of course.

If that happens, who would you rather have as a Spiderman ally? The Avengers or Rocket Racer, Black Cat and Morbius?

__________________
My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #93
Xeno-noesis
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 124
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

I don't know how smart Vin is, as I suspect he may have used the wrong word in "brand".

I think many of you are off on what a brand is. Two titles which are the same product within a single company are not "brands" in any way, shape or form. Brands are similar products made by different companies, such as Coke and Pepsi, for competition. For movie studios, it would be Disney, Paramount and Universal. In comic film studios, it would be Warner Bros., Sony, Fox, and Marvel Studios.

GOTG is already a part of Phase 2 of the MCU so that doesn't count (and Iron Man is currently a member of the GOTG in the comics anyway).

The simplest and likeliest merge would be the Star Wars and Marvel Comics properties, however they are nearly similar as brands now (marketed the same as both have movies, comics, video games, etc.) and also owned by a single company.

*Edit - I wanted to add that the biggest money-maker potential of two brands would be Spider-Man/Avengers. Fox and Marvel do not have a good relationship but Marvel does with Sony. In this particular line of thought, Sony (by using Spider Man) could be the link between all three studios.


Last edited by Xeno-noesis; 09-10-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Xeno-noesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #94
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 809
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno-noesis View Post
I don't know how smart Vin is, as I suspect he may have used the wrong word in "brand".

I think many of you are off on what a brand is. Two titles which are the same product within a single company are not "brands" in any way, shape or form. Brands are similar products made by different companies, such as Coke and Pepsi, for competition. For movie studios, it would be Disney, Paramount and Universal. In comic film studios, it would be Warner Bros., Sony, Fox, and Marvel Studios.

GOTG is already a part of Phase 2 of the MCU so that doesn't count (and Iron Man is currently a member of the GOTG in the comics anyway).

The simplest and likeliest merge would be the Star Wars and Marvel Comics properties, however they are nearly similar as brands now (marketed the same as both have movies, comics, video games, etc.) and also owned by a single company.

*Edit - I wanted to add that the biggest money-maker potential of two brands would be Spider-Man/Avengers. Fox and Marvel do not have a good relationship but Marvel does with Sony. In this particular line of thought, Sony (by using Spider Man) could be the link between all three studios.
Well I definitely don't think the SW and MCU will ever co-exist in the same universe so that brand merger I suspect is not what he referenced. Now about the Spider-Man/MCU merger (not absolutely a Avengers merger though that would make the most business sense) is the most possible. Especially with Daredevil back at marvel with many of them charring the same foes like The kingpin, the chameleon and so forth. And Vin would be awesome as the Wilson Fisk.

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #95
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi
 
Tanin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,970
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

A mixing of brands?

Batman is in GoTG. For the added $$

__________________
The Shredder? Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw.
A good death is its own reward
Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #96
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 315
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And, there's the fact that Joss Whedon has specifically denied there'll ever be a crossover between GOTG and Avengers.



http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-gua...e-two-2-story/
He said we wont see it in Avengers 2, he never said we will never see it ever. I personally think that an Avengers/Inhumans movie is more likely and that was what Vin Diesel was talking about when he said "merging of brands" and his probably in the running to play Black Bolt.

__________________
MCU Infinity Stones
Space Stone=Tesseract
Mind Stone=Scepter
Reality Stone=Aether
Power Stone=Orb
Time Stone=?????
Soul Stone=?????
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #97
OB12
Side-Kick
 
OB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,222
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
He said we wont see it in Avengers 2, he never said we will never see it ever. I personally think that an Avengers/Inhumans movie is more likely and that was what Vin Diesel was talking about when he said "merging of brands" and his probably in the running to play Black Bolt.
I highly doubt he is referring to Inhumans or GOTG. He said merging brands and a brand implies something that has recognition and demand behind it, neither of Inhumans or GOTG have recognition or demand at the moment. Cherokeesam really laid out everything pretty clearly and it seems plausible that this could be the way they are going. I could definitely see a Daredevil movie in March of 2016 featuring Vin as the Kingpin and then making another appearance a couple of months later in TASM3.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #98
Panther X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: England
Posts: 128
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I think TASM4 is a sinister six film.
Do you mean a film shot in the perspective of the sinister six? That could an interesting twist. Otherwise, Spidey vs Sinister Six is still just a Spider-Man film.

Panther X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #99
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,264
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
He didn't say there would never be one there. :/

And if you guys seriously think there ever be a crossover between Fox/Sony/Marvel films and using this as an indication then you're setting yourselves up from disappointment. It's not happening and Diesel was assuredly not talking about that.
Exactly, besides they've got lots of movies in the pipeline before they re-aquired DD, so a reboot of him certainly won't come as soon as 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Of course.

If that happens, who would you rather have as a Spiderman ally? The Avengers or Rocket Racer, Black Cat and Morbius?
Black Cat & Morbious, they were awesome in the 90's cartoon.

__________________
Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 68% | X-Men DOFP - 95% | Dawn/Apes - 98% | GOTG - 95%

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 09-11-2013 at 01:36 AM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #100
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 10,430
Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this...but I am guessing that his statement about a merging of brands is the merger of the Marvel brand with the Vin Diesel brand.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.