The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 09-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #151
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Tom Hiddleston, 'Only Lovers Left Alive' Star, On The Scene He Pitched For 'Thor: The Dark World'

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #152
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

I'd love to see Tom write a script, act in and direct a movie one day. It would certainly be a challenge but I think that he would love the excitement said challenge would bring as a true lover of the acting craft.

Anyways, I was thinking, what if Loki's sanity has been compromised because as a result of his exile and traveling through time and space he's seen several realities and he's mixed up as to which memory of which dimensional reality is the one that he comes from. I daresay it could provide a writer with nods to the myths as well as direct reference to the continuity of several of the Marvel Thor comics.

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - The reason why I listen to European Metal.

Isn't this far better but still pop-like?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #153
Loki882
Side-Kick

If you just look at Loki's face when he first arrives on Earth at the beginning of Avengers, you can tell that he's been through some rough stuff. He looks like a drug addict who hasn't slept for days.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #154
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'd love to see Tom write a script, act in and direct a movie one day. It would certainly be a challenge but I think that he would love the excitement said challenge would bring as a true lover of the acting craft.

Anyways, I was thinking, what if Loki's sanity has been compromised because as a result of his exile and traveling through time and space he's seen several realities and he's mixed up as to which memory of which dimensional reality is the one that he comes from. I daresay it could provide a writer with nods to the myths as well as direct reference to the continuity of several of the Marvel Thor comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
If you just look at Loki's face when he first arrives on Earth at the beginning of Avengers, you can tell that he's been through some rough stuff. He looks like a drug addict who hasn't slept for days.
Yeah, one of my favorite pre-Avengers articles was where he talks about the 7th circle of hell:
Quote:
There was a gap between Thor and The Avengers, and we see at the beginning of The Avengers that some… “stuff” has happened.

Yes.

And we still haven’t really gotten into it in detail. We get a hint at the end of the film. Did Joss [Whedon] fill you in on that? Was that vital to your character?

Yeah, we talked about it a lot. We talked about this idea that Loki disappears through that wormhole of space and time, when the Bifrost is destroyed, and he kind of goes through the Seventh Circle of Hell. And he’s on his own. He’s on his own in the dark corners of the universe, and the journey he goes on is pretty horrible. It’s like getting lost in the rainforest or something. You’re going to come out the other side a bit mangled on the outside, and on the inside....
There's also a description in one of the children's novelizations (that just covers the very first part of the movie) of Avengers that has him actually having to claw his way through the portal (really wish they had done that in the film)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #155
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

The fact that he ended the interview talking about the connectivity of the Marvel movie universe, makes me think that the scene he may have pitched has something to do with discussing Thanos/The Other, which I am cool with

Old 09-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #156
Verbal21
Side-Kick

I really love that they stuck with his Avengers costume. It may be my favorite live action take on a comic character.

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #157
Loki882
Side-Kick

Neel before me peons, and please god don't let the Hulk be nearby.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #158
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Neel before me peons, and please god don't let the Hulk be nearby.
Seriously, with that look on Loki's face do you think Hulk would stand a chance against the might of his magic?

Anyways, I was listening to some music from the Sonic games and the spin offs and this theme for the Shadow the Hedgehog game struck me as something very Loki like. Give it a listen:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

If anyone is good with video editing I just challenge you to make a Loki themed video using footage from Thor, Avengers and Thor 2 trailer.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-11-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #159
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

There will be a twitter chat with Tom tomorrow (Sept. 12th)

https://twitter.com/ThorMovies/statu...40219724476418
Quote:
Thor: The Dark World @ThorMovies
Send in those questions for @twhiddleston with the hashtag #TomQandA on tomorrow's Twitter chat at 9am PST/12pm EST!
You'll be able to follow the chat at: http://thor.yappn.com/

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #160
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Here's a new audio interview with Mr. H. Very thoughtful and perceptive. And I must say that it's refreshing when you encounter functioning brains on both sides of an interview. This is one of the best he's given.

https://soundcloud.com/daisyjj/q-wit...homeshi-sep-11

Aging Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #161
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Aha! I found a video of the Loki specific part:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #162
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
Aha! I found a video of the Loki specific part:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Thanks for sharing these great links! I could listen to Tom's voice all day. Extraordinary. Love hearing how much thought he puts into his portrayal of Loki.

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #163
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal21 View Post
I really love that they stuck with his Avengers costume. It may be my favorite live action take on a comic character.
It's pretty similar to the Avengers costume but there are enough variations to make it fresh and new looking.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #164
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

So I guess the petition on change.org requesting that Marvel produce a movie starring Loki is nearing its 20,000 signature goal.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #165
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

The twitter chat with Tom has started, I find trying to follow it on that yappn site is kind of annoying, so I'm just watching it via his twitter page https://twitter.com/twhiddleston/with_replies

side note: if I have the time after I get home from work I might try to copy/paste all the questions and answers into one document (unless someone else does it first) to make for an easier read.

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 09-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #166
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

So how would a solo Loki flick work? Has he ever had his own series?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #167
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Thanks for sharing these great links! I could listen to Tom's voice all day. Extraordinary. Love hearing how much thought he puts into his portrayal of Loki.
You're welcome! And I agree wholeheartedly about his voice. I was up last night listening to the audio interview, eyes closed, feeling all mellow and laid back - and then the interviewer would ask something completely unexpected. I remember sitting up and my eyes popping open on more than one occasion. It was an engaging, occasionally quite personal and candid interview, touching on Only Lovers Left Alive and other projects, the acting process, the merits and perils of fame, etc.

I tried to go back for another listen but for whatever reason the audio wouldn't work for me a second time - BUT, the entire interview is now on Youtube in video form (Love that place! ). So here you go:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #168
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
So I guess the petition on change.org requesting that Marvel produce a movie starring Loki is nearing its 20,000 signature goal.
For some reason, I can't help but feel a little embarrassed about this push for a Loki movie. Aside from the fact that he doesn't need his own movie (He works just fine within the context and confines of the Thor and MCU universe at large, thank you very much.), the idea that some people out there might truly believe that 20 thousand signatures is really going to make Marvel and Disney sit up and take notice is, well... embarrassing.

I don't mean to rag on anyone. I honestly just don't understand.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #169
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
So how would a solo Loki flick work? Has he ever had his own series?
Only recent JiM (finished) book+some (2 if memory serve me right) limited series that take place in alternate reality. But there is a unique situation in JiM it is about him as a reincarnated kid. And even than all of his cast are essentially the same as Thor`s.

Those people want Marvel to invent supporting cast and story to Loki as a separate character. They are delusional.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #170
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
For some reason, I can't help but feel a little embarrassed about this push for a Loki movie. Aside from the fact that he doesn't need his own movie (He works just fine within the context and confines of the Thor and MCU universe at large, thank you very much.), the idea that some people out there might truly believe that 20 thousand signatures is really going to make Marvel and Disney sit up and take notice is, well... embarrassing.

I don't mean to rag on anyone. I honestly just don't understand.
I was just thinking the same thing. Don't mean to be judgmental, but I think of petitions primarily as tools to create change, protest pollution, get a politician on a ballot, that sort of thing. Perhaps some fans see it as helping Tom? That could backfire, though, as I'm sure he wants to do other projects as well as play Loki for the rest of his life. If there'a a Thor 3, he'll likely be in that, as well as a third Avengers film. By the time Marvel gets around to making a Loki movie, some of these fans will have moved on to their next obsession.

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #171
Moonwing
Side-Kick

So here is the teeshirt all the fuss was about:

Too simple to my taste and lack uniqueness. US version at least have Tom signature.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #172
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Some of the interesting/Thor related tweets from the chat:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/twhiddleston/sta...99422904967168

Question from Terri Bear @terrigirl_md
#TomQandA @twhiddleston A lot of emphasis has been on Loki's relationship with Odin and Thor; how do you see his relationship with Frigga?

Answer from Tom Hiddleston @twhiddleston
@terrigirl_md Frigga is the only one who still cares; the only one who sees the good in him. Everyone else has let him go. #TomQandA
Quote:
https://twitter.com/twhiddleston/sta...00700582240256

Question from Unicorns Assemble @ItalianLokiArmy
#TomQandA @twhiddleston Care to share a few titles in Loki's 'prison library'?

.@ItalianLokiArmy I always liked the idea of Frigga sending a few Midgardian greats. Proust: "A la recerche de temps perdus"... #TomQandA

(continued answer) Plato's Repubic. Shadows on the cave... A perfect metaphor for his imprisonment; the perpetual state of waking fear...

(continued answer again) Alan Taylor suggested The Prison Notebooks by Antonio Gramsci. #TomQandA
Quote:
https://twitter.com/twhiddleston/sta...08878871076864

Question from Ita Mënher XJ Nurse @itaMenherZednan
@twhiddleston How to work with Anthony Hopkins? #TomQandA

.@itaMenherZednan Anthony Hopkins is one of the greatest actors alive. It's an incredible honour to work with him, every time. @ThorMovies

(continued answer) He is also full of so many wonderful stories about his time as a young actor working with Sir Laurence Olivier. #TomQandA
Quote:
https://twitter.com/twhiddleston/sta...32278381367298

Question from Gabrielle @almostgaby
Its often said that there is no Loki without Thor & no Thor without Loki, do you see the relationship that way as well #TomQandA

.@almostgaby I couldn't have put it better myself. "There is no Loki without Thor & no Thor without Loki". #TomQandA
Edit: Full transcript of the twitter chat can be found here: http://tomhiddleston.net/?p=778

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 09-13-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #173
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Have you noticed how the poster, film promotional displays, bobblehead, Minimate, Pop! figure and action figure all make sure he has that dagger with him?

It certainly seems very important. I love Loki and kid!Loki but I actually like Kid!Loki better in Young Avengers where he's around those who are technically this body's age even if his mind is still that of the older Loki. Plus, Kid!Loki has this awesome conflict about not wanting to become the Loki he's reincarnated from.

However, Loki works best with others in the same way that the Hulk worked best in The Avengers. I wouldn't mind having him away from Thor though even if Hiddleston said he'd agreed with "There is no Loki without Thor & no Thor without Loki". I think it could be fun to have an episode of Agents of SHIELD with Loki or a short film.

Actually, what I'd really love is either the Tess Black storyline from Spider-Man or Kid!Loki with Young Avengers but those are both impossible at the moment.

I don't know if any of you watch this show on Disney XD but...
Sunday, September 22
Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Doomstroyer"
(11:30 AM – 12:00 NOON ET/PT)
Doctor Doom takes command of the Asgardian Destroyer armor and Thor has to convince the team to trust the one person who may be able to stop him, Loki!

It sounds awesome!

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:16 AM   #174
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Just wanted to share this with you guys:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #175
ladyloki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
The last time Loki liked someone, he transformed himself into her real lover and married her, only to reveal himself afterwards and pretty much treated her like crap until the day she died.

So, you know, the perfect guy for today's females- the a**hole.
lol yeah that was Sigyn his wife ...he saved her and called her the love of his immoral life , I remember reading the comics about her and I was like Loki actually married someone lol but yeah for the most part he didnt treat her very well

Loki: How desprate are you ? ... and you call on such lost creatures to defend you .

Nick Fury : You have made me very desperate

BAD ASS !!!
ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote