The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #651
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Plus, Edgar Wright has never had the marketing push that Ant-Man's gonna get

I feel like I spent the last 2 months telling people over and over that, yes, there was a new Cornetto "trilogy" movie on the way

Old 09-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #652
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

I wonder if there'll be a cornetto in Ant-Man.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #653
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
I wonder if there'll be a cornetto in Ant-Man.
A cornetto the size of the Empire State Building (to Ant-Man at least)

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #654
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 09-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #655
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Pym or Lang can feed some Ants a Cornetto

Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #656
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Do they have Cornetto's over in America? I'm sure ants would love one

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #657
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
We have similar products made by Nestle, but not the genuine Cornetto's, that I've seen.

What flavor would Ant Man be in regards to the trilogy though?

Old 09-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #658
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That was a report by Deadline, probably the same article that claimed the Avengers cast is on the verge of revolt over their supposedly tiny salaries. Bob Iger is allegedly terrified of Ike Perlmutter, the shadow head of Marvel, and fears crossing him when it comes to actors' pay. Nikki Finke really hates Disney so she was glad to twist the knife a bit.
yeah, and even then, i read somewhere that the real story behind the avengers cast raise.. was all about Robert not actually wanting a raise, but wanting a fair raise for his team-mates/actors

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #659
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That was a report by Deadline, probably the same article that claimed the Avengers cast is on the verge of revolt over their supposedly tiny salaries. Bob Iger is allegedly terrified of Ike Perlmutter, the shadow head of Marvel, and fears crossing him when it comes to actors' pay. Nikki Finke really hates Disney so she was glad to twist the knife a bit.
Alright thanks man, found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
yeah, and even then, i read somewhere that the real story behind the avengers cast raise.. was all about Robert not actually wanting a raise, but wanting a fair raise for his team-mates/actors
Those were just rumours, nothing's been confirmed at all.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #660
Loki882
Side-Kick

Marvel's cheapness is well known. They almost didn't get Sam Jackson to come back for IM 2 over money. They almost didn't get Mickey Rourke period for similar reasons. That strategy was smart when they were a struggling up and coming studio. But now that they're raking in the Avengers and IM 3 money, its time for the actors to renegotiate.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #661
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Marvel's cheapness is well known. They almost didn't get Sam Jackson to come back for IM 2 over money. They almost didn't get Mickey Rourke period for similar reasons. That strategy was smart when they were a struggling up and coming studio. But now that they're raking in the Avengers and IM 3 money, its time for the actors to renegotiate.
Plus, don't they now have Disney supporting them as well?

Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #662
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The actors who all signed multi-film deals and were all happy to do so when they did.

You guys can all complain about low-balling Jackson or Rourke, but they signed them and they paid them. If Jackson or Rourke don't like the deals, then they don't have to take them and go elsewhere.

Rourke himself is not exactly in high-demand even post-Iron Man 2 and The Wrestler. Not sure why he suddenly deserves 7-8 figures especially when he's proven he can be a liability in the past.

Robert Downey Jr. got like $650,000 to play Tony Stark the first time, now he's raking it in. That's how it works.

You can call it cheap, but it seems like smart business to me.

Think about this. This franchise is probably going to outlive all of us. Know what that means? All these rolls are going to get recast at some point. It's going to happen. Hulk/Banner has already been recast.

- CM Punk
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #663
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
They are called drumsticks. Basically the same thing.

- CM Punk
Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #664
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Its ultimately small potatoes anyway.... Actors and atheletes make far too much money anyway....

Old 09-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #665
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Its ultimately small potatoes anyway.... Actors and atheletes make far too much money anyway....
you think that because you don't have to pay their bills. the prices they pay are often ridiculously inflated. it all evens out.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #666
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
you think that because you don't have to pay their bills. the prices they pay are often ridiculously inflated. it all evens out.
And yet they're human beings like everyone else who wouldn't be anywhere without teachers. Who get paid squat

They choose to have such high bills because of the ability to afford them. Not the other way around....

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #667
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #668
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Edgar Wright's movies never turn a considerable profit, at least in the States. It's just fortunate he's a really strong director, so sharp people like Marvel employ his services no matter what. Plus so many people in filmmaking like him, I can't imagine him living in a cardboard box if Ant-Man fails to turn a profit. The way I see it, to Feige the idea of getting an Ant-Man movie in the MCU is cool, but getting an Edgar Wright Ant-Man movie in the MCU is pure awesome.
This is exactly why I'm interested in Ant-Man. I'm a huge Edgar Wright fangirl, so, like with James Gunn and GOTG, his involvement and interest in AM piqued my interest.

Isn't AM now going up against Batman/Superman? I'm... kind of scared for it, TBH. Although I'm way more excited to see Wright's take on Ant-Man.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #669
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Hell yeah, that Chewy quote in your signature couldn't be more true. The fact that Feige is a comic and movie fan to the point that he's getting cult film directors to do their versions of Marvel characters is such a far step beyond the typical studio head decisions/understanding we get with these. And fortunately for me personally, it's like a marriage between my childhood & adulthood interests.

Edit: I know that getting "THE" definitive versions of these characters is what most fans want; I had an OCD-like thing about it a ways back, but hiring writer/directors with their unique voices and distinct creative stamps is exactly the kind of thing I'd wish for in these. Between Whedon and Black's efforts, there's such a personal feeling invested in them that doesn't make their movies feel so "made by committee" the way these usually go. IM1 sort of had that feel too from Favs. I anticipate that Gunn and Wright will do no different; and it'll continue to polarize fans (not that Avengers exactly got a ton of flack).

It ultimately makes the MCU feel less like a business model and more like a sandbox for creative people to play in using beloved (and even not-so-beloved) Marvel characters, and that is so cool that I hope we continue to get more like this.

Last edited by Son of Coul; 09-11-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #670
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The level of exposure these actors get by being a Marvel tentpole movie is also a bonus besides the paycheck. Iron Man pretty much relaunched RDJ career.

RDJ said he got Gwyneth Paltrow to be in Iron Man by saying something like "don't you want to be in a movie lots of people actually see?"

Being in these big blockbusters allows these actors to get financed in whatever indie movie they want to make. Chris Evans has made no secret he agreed to be Captain America for career reasons which is fine.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #671
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
The level of exposure these actors get by being a Marvel tentpole movie is also a bonus besides the paycheck. Iron Man pretty much relaunched RDJ career.

RDJ said he got Gwyneth Paltrow to be in Iron Man by saying something like "don't you want to be in a movie lots of people actually see?"

Being in these big blockbusters allows these actors to get financed in whatever indie movie they want to make. Chris Evans has made no secret he agreed to be Captain America for career reasons which is fine.
RDJ also fought for Gwyneth to be in The Avengers, which was cool. Whedon wanted to leave her out initially.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #672
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Plus, don't they now have Disney supporting them as well?
Marvel operates as a separate company so Disney won't be paying any actors in Marvel movies. Marvel does have enough income to pay the actors well on their own though.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #673
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/1...ider-man-movie

It could never happen!

Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #674
Loki882
Side-Kick

Sorry, but times have changed since those contracts were signed. Marvel is rolling in money know, the actors should be paid more, simple as that. I also am annoyed by the "they get paid too much" argument. They are key parts of a product that hundreds of millions of people enjoy and makes billions of dollars, so they should be paid accordingly.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #675
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Joss Whedon:

Quote:
Spader was my first and only choice. He's got that hypnotic voice that can be eerily calm and compelling, but he's also very human and humorous. Ultron is not Hal (from 2001: A Space Odyssey). Spader can play all of the levels. He's the guy to break The Avengers into pieces. Muwahaha.

Last edited by HunBoy; 09-11-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Closed Thread