The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #676
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Ultron is humorous?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 09-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #677
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

He means humor as in robotic humor. Like being cold and calculating in a darkly humorous manner.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #678
BoredGuy
Killing Time

yeah I took it just to mean that Ultron has more varied emotion than Hal or other movie AI's
He's not gunna be crackin' jokes left and right, but he's no monotone robot either

Old 09-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #679
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Ah, I see. Anywho I can tell it was the right choice. Cant wait.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #680
DrDoom
Dictator

Think he was speaking to how versatile Spader is, not that he's gonna be humorous in the movie

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #681
marcvader
Lurker #1

He was describing Spader guys. Read it again.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #682
terry78

No, we will take every quote literally and dissect it thus. That is how things work here.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #683
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
He was describing Spader guys. Read it again.
Yep. Also, Spader has a way to deliver cutting, dark lines and elicit a laugh.

There's "comedy", and then there's dry humor/sarcasm and dark humor. Spader can roll with the latter two especially well, and still sound like a cold, often seductive, sociopath. Someone on Twitter described it as: "James Spader's sounds like sexual harrassment." Pretty apt description if you ask me.

I cannot wait to see him. I've loved Spader since Pretty In Pink. He nailed entitled douchebag a$$hole with slithery ease.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #684
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

lol yeah he was pure evil in PiP.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #685
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

http://www.eonline.com/news/456925/c...rss_topstories

Looks like Hemsworth is back for Avengers 2 after all that claptrap. So it looks like they worked out a deal.

So who cares about who is cheap? If Hemsworth doesn't like the deal, he shouldn't have taken it.

And yeah I think worrying about what these multi-millionaires get paid is ridiculous. Sure they get bills, but so do we. If they can't save or manage their money well, that's on them.

- CM Punk
Old 09-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #686
DrDoom
Dictator

There was doubt that he would return?

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #687
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Nice try Doom, hiding in plain sight are we? You think we just gonna let you collect information about our/Earth´s mightiest heroes.

Never! Okay maybe when Ultron had his chance ^^

Old 09-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #688
venom892
Got Lucky

I was always under the assumption that Evans and Hemsworth were signed up for 6 films each.

Vote for your favorites in The Battle of the Comic Book Films Tournament! here!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #689
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Yeah I didn't know there was even a chance of them not returning. I thought all those rumors about the actors not getting payed enough were just that, rumors.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #690
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
There was doubt that he would return?
According to Deadline and some other media outlets, yes.

- CM Punk
Old 09-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #691
terry78

As popular as RDJ is, if Evans or Hemsworth declined to continue to portray the characters for the next several years or so there would be outcry.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #692
Lord
All Mighty

When it comes to recasting the characters they better do it one at a time, if suddenly 2 or 3 major characters are recast it will create a major outcry.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #693
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
RDJ also fought for Gwyneth to be in The Avengers, which was cool. Whedon wanted to leave her out initially.
it was a good idea to include her. it provided a good setup for Agent Coulson's death; humanized him. of course, the Captain America trading cards were used for the same reason.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #694
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Pepper's inclusion in TA made Tony's peril at the end of the film much more immediate and poignant for the audience. His last call to her and the shot of her watching him fly the nuke into the portal made the situation more intense and the danger more real.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #695
Loki882
Side-Kick

Plus, it was nice to have at least ONE supporting character from the previous films who wasn't related to SHIELD in any way show up. We also got clarification of Tony/Pepper's relationship, which was a nice tie back to IM 2 and some humorous moments. I still want to know what Pepper whispered in Tony's ear, it must have been "exotic" to shock even Tony "manwhore" Stark.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #696
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

It was "fancy". Something extra special.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 09-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #697
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I would like to see them continue featuring a supporting character or love interest in the Avengers movies. I would like to see Betty or Rhodey or Jane Foster pop up in AoU.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #698
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I would like to see them continue featuring a supporting character or love interest in the Avengers movies. I would like to see Betty or Rhodey or Jane Foster pop up in AoU.
I still rank Rhodey higher than "supporting character" when it comes to the Avengers, given his actual membership in the comic-book version of the group.

But yeah, I'd really like to see a callback to TIH with Betty and, more importantly imho, Gen. Ross in AoU. But, given the way Marvel Studios keeps trying to pretend TIH never happened, I strongly doubt we'll ever see any reference to the characters and events in that movie again.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #699
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

They referenced Harlem so I don't think they would be completely against bringing up TIH plus I think Banner/Hulk would benefit from interacting with one of his own supporting cast members in the Avengers. I would love to hear what Ross would have to say about the Hulk being seen as heroic by some people after New York. It would also be strange for Banner to make no mention of Betty.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #700
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
When it comes to recasting the characters they better do it one at a time, if suddenly 2 or 3 major characters are recast it will create a major outcry.
Yes, one major character at a time max. Otherwise there would be too much of a disconnect. If more than one are needing to be replaced at the same time just write one of them out for a film so the new actor can come in for the film after.