The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 09-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #26
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should Stryfe or Selene be the villain for the X-Force movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ So you want Wolverine as a main character in X-Force?
I'm a huge fan of both Remender and Yost's run, and like Wolverines role in X-Force. So no I would not care if they went that route.

Luckily I enjoy it all, so it's gonna be hard to disappoint me. The only thing that would piss me off is not including Deadpool or Cable.

def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #27
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I'm a huge fan of both Remender and Yost's run, and like Wolverines role in X-Force. So no I would not care if they went that route.

Luckily I enjoy it all, so it's gonna be hard to disappoint me. The only thing that would piss me off is not including Deadpool or Cable.
There have already been rumors of fox seeing Cable as the wolverine of X-force so I think Cable Is likely.

Wolverine could be In film,and with uncanny X-force that's not exactly new thing to include him,or he may not be In film If they really want noone who has been In mansion to be In X-force.That would also rule out colossus and Angel
as well as Wolverine.

If the Avengers could be top grossing comic book film and be cross between Ultimates and 616 Avengers then crossing early 1990's X-force and Uncanny
X-force Is hardly shocking.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
def28
Side-Kick

All these comic films are different then their books in some form but yeah adding Wolverine is hardly being non comic accurate. He's been a significant member for awhile and works very well with members like Deadpool, Domino and Psylocke. Wolverine and Deadpool's interactions would work extremely well with an audience.

If the plot stems from Logan wanting to create a more hrdcore black ops mutant team, then give him a mask and so be it. Nothing worng with that imo. Personally I want him away from the main X-Team for a film or two. Not gone completely but absent.

Last edited by def28; 09-11-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #29
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ So you want Wolverine as a main character in X-Force?
For me, no. But Wolverine would help the film sell more tickets.

And I think including Wolverine in the line-up will be the safe blanket for this movie.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #30
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ That's the problem. Every movie is all about Wolverine. Up to now I've been good with that, but it's becoming overkill. You want to include him for sales, give him a small role in one scene. Something like I indicated earlier (above) where he is a combat officer training some of the kids at the mansion (who will become members of X-Force). But he should not be a main character.

X-Force is all about Cable, and that is where the focus needs to be! And you can't have two leaders, so they really need to make a choice. Either go with Cable (the good choice) or go with the Wolverine is Cable (the bad choice).

Now for Deadpool...

Yes, he is a fan favorite, and I've been wanting him to have his own movie for a while. Even the Ryan Reynolds version can work (as long as they get rid of the stupid swords in his arms and the stupid optic blasts coming out of his eyes). Healing factor, yes. Super dexterity, oh yeah! Teleportation... fine, I guess. But those stupid swords have to go! Any chance we can get him to meet up with the Silver Samarai?

But again, Deadpool deserves his own movie, way more than say Guardians of the Galaxy does. And how cool would it be for Deadpool (with the suit and mask!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !) breaking the fourth wall? That is Deadpool! As long as they don't over do it it would come off so cool...

Also, Deadpool could be a great secondary villain if they went with an X-Force origins (forming) movie first. Like I've said, start with a couple of New Mutants (Cannonball and Boom Boom please), have them leave the mansion and some how hook up with Cable, Domino and one other (maybe Psylocke - in place of Shatterstar?). Deadpool could simply be a hired mercenary that they have to fight, which brings him into the movie and allows him to be inducted into X-Force at the start of the second movie.

Just imagine Cable calling the team together and saying "I want to introduce you to our new team member" and it's Deadpool... Could be a good scene.

Still think Emma and the Hellions could be a great first movie villain group which takes care of the origin of X-Force and then opens the doors to Styfe and the Mutant Liberation Front and so many other good villains/groups.

Last edited by Super Jim; 09-13-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #31
Super Jim
Side-Kick

In looking at possible villains, it's important that they don't use ones that should be used for X-Men or other X movies. Let's go through the possible X-Force specific villains:

1. White Queen and the Hellions!!!!!

2. Deadpool

3. Mutant Liberation Front

4. Stryfe

5. Weapon P.R.I.M.E.

6. Gideon

7. The Externals

8. The Friends of Humanity

9. The Purifiers

10. Exodus

11. Reinfire

12. Selene

13. Mojo (could lead to Shatterstar)

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #32
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

Honestly, I could care less who the main guy characters are, as long as we get at least one bad-ass chick like Domino or Psylocke, and - this is important - they DON'T act like the "token female" of the group. X-Men films so far have done a very good job with that, I just don't want some Pepper Potts, Black Widow, Invisible Woman bullcrap.

For the villain, I would LOVE Selene. I think Stryfe would be odd for an intro movie.

And hell, if they did it right, think about the ability to bring back a character like Cyclops through Selene.

I also wouldn't mind at all a group like Friends Of Humanity/Purifies, like someone said with characters like Matthew Reismand or Creed.

usagicassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:27 AM   #33
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagicassidy View Post
X-Men films so far have done a very good job with that, I just don't want some Pepper Potts, Black Widow, Invisible Woman bullcrap.
X-Men really needs a gal like Psylocke or Domino. We don't have an ass kicking X-Girl on a X team right now. Yukio upstaged them all imo. So far Kitty in X3 has been my fav as far as X Girls in combat. She was quick, fun and down for a fight. Storm was alright battle wise in X3 I guess. Felt they could have shown a bit more of her power in a stronger way.

Think I'll be saying different come next May though, have a feeling Blinks gonna be a show stealer.

Last edited by def28; 10-08-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:04 AM   #34
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagicassidy View Post
Honestly, I could care less who the main guy characters are, as long as we get at least one bad-ass chick like Domino or Psylocke, and - this is important - they DON'T act like the "token female" of the group. X-Men films so far have done a very good job with that, I just don't want some Pepper Potts, Black Widow, Invisible Woman bullcrap.

For the villain, I would LOVE Selene. I think Stryfe would be odd for an intro movie.

And hell, if they did it right, think about the ability to bring back a character like Cyclops through Selene.

I also wouldn't mind at all a group like Friends Of Humanity/Purifies, like someone said with characters like Matthew Reismand or Creed.
With all the rumors of Fox building up to Apocalypse, X-Force should focus on Selene. Being one of the two oldest mutants could giver her a connection with Apocalypse where she commands Apocalypse's Dark Riders. Her agenda is to consume Cable's life force and powers to make herself into the most powerful mutant alive.

This combined with X5 which will have Sinister trying to thwart Apocalypse by harvesting the Morlocks' DNA to breed a clone army of invincible super soldiers. It isn't clear that he was opposing a larger threat until the end but he does manage to (allegedly) kill Angel.

X6 is the big showdown.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote