The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #101
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: "Merging of Brands"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Exactly, besides they've got lots of movies in the pipeline before they re-aquired DD, so a reboot of him certainly won't come as soon as 2016

And you know this how, again....?
The only confirmed schedule for Marvel Studios movies goes through Ant-Man in 2015. There's been nary a hint about what's on tap for Phase III in 2016 and beyond. A Daredevil reboot has just as good odds for 2016 as Black Panther, Thor 3, GOTG 2, Ms. Marvel, Inhumans, Hypno-Hustler, Forbush Man or any other Marvel property you want to wishlist.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #102
Mr.M
Side-Kick

MCU won't be rebooting DD in 2016. Now DD cameoing in ASM 3? Highly likely if this merger is legit. King Pin may also be a major player in ASM 3 or ASM 4. So I think we could be looking at a Spidey/DD crossover in ASM 4. That would be BIG. Something people have wanted for a while. A merging of brands. I think Spidey is going to need an Avengers-lite roster to contend with the Sinister 6. DD, BC, maybe some other characters in the mix. It is consistent with Vin's quotes.

Inhumans/GoTG/Avengers merging is not consistent with those quotes in anyway shape or form, but it is possible Vin just misspoke. But then we'd just be assuming he's an idiot from a fanboy perspective and is not privy to anything going on behind the scenes, which is highly doubtful. That may be the case, but I don't take Vin for an idiot and do not think he completely misspoke or misinterpreted whatever he heard.

Last edited by Mr.M; 09-11-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #103
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

A few quotes that support a crossover of some sort.

"I admit the 4th film came as a bit of a surprise. There has been talk that it may not just be a Spider-Man movie, it may expand to elements outside of Spider-Man" - Marc Webb on TASM4

Interview with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach on TASM2
Interviewer "Could we see see a cameo for other Marvel characters in the movie"

Avi Arad *grinning* "I don't want to say anything as that ruins the secret. There are things we want to keep a surprise for the audience in the theater. When your watching this movie you will be like oh there is continuity"

A few quotes that could be interpreted in a way that suits my earlier suggestion.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #104
Dr. Evil
Gamora

If there is a chance of Spidey in MCU, it may just be Daredevil and Kingpin in ASM 4 rather than any of the Avengers showing up.

Daredevil, Black Cat, Morbius, Maybe even Heroes for Hire or Punisher. Maybe that's enough to combat the Sinister Six.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 09-11-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #105
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
If there is a chance of Spidey in MCU, it may just be Daredevil and Kingpin in ASM 4 rather than any of the Avengers showing up.
Spidey isn't a globe trotting superhero. Him and DD are New Yorkers

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #106
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Spidey isn't a globe trotting superhero. Him and DD are New Yorkers
So are Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Iron Fist and Colleen Wing.

I am of the belief that if we see Spidey in MCU, that we will see Heroes for Hire along with Daredevil. All of them are better fits with Spidey than they are with the Avengers.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 09-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #107
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I could see that Dr. Evil. I was going to post about Heroes for Hire here but after everything that's been said I didn't want to get blasted. But yeah have Spidey, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, and a few more and I'd watch Heroes for Hire.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #108
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
I could see that Dr. Evil. I was going to post about Heroes for Hire here but after everything that's been said I didn't want to get blasted. But yeah have Spidey, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, and a few more and I'd watch Heroes for Hire.
This would be a strong lineup of heroes for ASM 4 or Heroes for Hire if Spidey was a part of MCU.

Spider-Man
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Daredevil
Punisher
Misty Knight
Colleen Wing
Black Cat
Morbius

And the only connection that these heroes should have with the Avengers is maybe have it where Misty's bionic arm is made of Vibranium and that's the only connection (albeit loose)

Old 09-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #109
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I would love a set of street level marvel movies.

However most people only want Spidey in the MCU to toss him into the Avengers, whether it fits or not

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #110
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Have the Sinister Six built up
Lizard
Electro
Rhino
Mysterio
Kraven
Doc Ock (leader)
They escape RavenCroft and Spidey needs the aid of DD and a few others to defeat them

Old 09-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #111
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
I would love a set of street level marvel movies.

However most people only want Spidey in the MCU to toss him into the Avengers, whether it fits or not
I want Spidey in MCU, but not with the Avengers. He's a better fit with the Street Level Marvel Heroes.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #112
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

100000% with you Dr. Evil, But if they did have Spidey they'd put him on the team, so i'm happy for him to remain seperate

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #113
Ant-manic
Banned User

isn't it obvious? Guardians of the Galaxy will include an intergalactic prison. Riddick will be in one of those cells for 3 seconds.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #114
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
100000% with you Dr. Evil, But if they did have Spidey they'd put him on the team, so i'm happy for him to remain seperate
I agree that he needs to remain separate, but he's going to need help fighting the Sinister Six. And if they don't plan on having Morbius, Moon Knight, Cloak and Dagger or not having Felicia Hardy as Black Cat, he's going to need help. If he joins MCU, he may have Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, Punisher or Colleen Wing.

All would be much better allies to help Spidey fight the Sinister Six than Rocket Racer if they don't plan on having Morbius, Black Cat, Moon Knight, Prowler, Silver Sable or Cloak and Dagger.

Besides, the last thing we need in a Spider-Man movie is Rocket Racer.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 09-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #115
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Have you seen the Spectacular Spider-Man episode where he took them all down while juiced with the Symbiote?

The choreography in that was amazing.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #116
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Have you seen the Spectacular Spider-Man episode where he took them all down while juiced with the Symbiote?

The choreography in that was amazing.
Could be the only way he takes them down by himself. I don't see it going that way if Spidey joins the MCU.

Of course, should Spidey join the MCU and they have a few street level Marvel characters to help him, they are going to need a Phil Coulson type to get them together.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #117
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Could be the only way he takes them down by himself. I don't see it going that way if Spidey joins the MCU.

Of course, should Spidey join the MCU and they have a few street level Marvel characters to help him, they are going to need a Phil Coulson type to get them together.
I dunno, I agree with those who are saying Spidey would still be a lone wolf (even though, if this *is* actually about Sony and Marvel Studios sharing the sandbox, the drumbeat for Spidey to join the Bendisvengers would be louder than ever). Yes, he might team up with DD or other Marvel characters from time to time, but I wouldn't expect him to pick a team or get an entourage of sidekicks like in the current Disney cartoon.

Honestly, other than an initial crossover movie (or two) to welcome Spidey into the MCU, I wouldn't look for a Sony-Marvel shared universe to be overly impactful of the other studio in any way. I strongly doubt you'd start seeing Spidey pop up in the Avengers or swing (literally) through a Cap or Iron Man film, nor see Hulk or Thor drop in for a cameo in a TASM flick. Instead, the overlap would likely be a lot more subtle --- Stark tech showing up in a TASM movie; Cap reading a Daily Bugle; etc.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #118
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I dunno, I agree with those who are saying Spidey would still be a lone wolf (even though, if this *is* actually about Sony and Marvel Studios sharing the sandbox, the drumbeat for Spidey to join the Bendisvengers would be louder than ever). Yes, he might team up with DD or other Marvel characters from time to time, but I wouldn't expect him to pick a team or get an entourage of sidekicks like in the current Disney cartoon.

Honestly, other than an initial crossover movie (or two) to welcome Spidey into the MCU, I wouldn't look for a Sony-Marvel shared universe to be overly impactful of the other studio in any way. I strongly doubt you'd start seeing Spidey pop up in the Avengers or swing (literally) through a Cap or Iron Man film, nor see Hulk or Thor drop in for a cameo in a TASM flick. Instead, the overlap would likely be a lot more subtle --- Stark tech showing up in a TASM movie; Cap reading a Daily Bugle; etc.
Or a scene in one of the films that takes place during Halloween and there are a bunch of kids running around in Thor, Cap, Iron Man and Hulk outfits. Or a costume party where people dress like the Avengers and Peter dresses like well....not Spidey.

However, it could also be a villain already under Marvel Studios to cross over to ASM 3 or ASM 4. Such as Kingpin if Vin Diesel played him.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #119
Thanos
Side-Kick

My thoughts:

Vin is Thanos, at least the voice of CGI Thanos.

Marvel makes the Infinity Gauntlet and to be more comic accurate, they make a deal with Sony and Fox that would allow them to use the characters from the comics in the movie. Spiderman and the X-Men to be specific.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #120
Mr.M
Side-Kick

How can Vin be Thanos if he is already another character in GotG? I think he can only play one voice/CGI character and one live action character.

As far as a Spidey team up for Sinister 6, I think if you team Spidey with characters like Iron Fist and Cage, you need a Heroes for Hire film before ASM 4. I would drop BP from PIII if that's the case, and stick HfH in 2017. DD needs to be introduced again, but not with his own movie. Cameo of Murdock is good enough.

Another key is that Marvel/Sony are positioning ASM 4 for for the prime Marvel release spot first weekend of May. Disney may want a piece of that action, so the studios may venture in a joint production, or co-distribution. I still think Sony will be 100% financing the film, but I think the MCU will want to give exposure to street level heroes, and that may be worth considering for Sony, just to make ASM 4 something more than just another Spidey flick.

Last edited by Mr.M; 09-12-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #121
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:

Madame Web. Set her up to be a strange intemitent pychic mentor type for Spidey, have her show him that he needs help and lead him to meet other street level heroes.

Just pls god no coulson, would be my worst nightmare realised

Old 09-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #122
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:

easy solution: NYPD officer Misty Knight.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #123
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Any chance "merger of brands" means Inhumans and Avengers?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #124
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
easy solution: NYPD officer Misty Knight.
It would have to be before she gets her bionic arm.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #125
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Any chance "merger of brands" means Inhumans and Avengers?
Not really, unless it is angled with the FF or some other type of crossover between parallel studios. Not something people have wanted for a long time either, even for comic book junkies. Inhumans may very well be a standalone series but there is really nothing to merge there that wouldn't already be incorporated in a would be Avengers movie down the road for PIII or beyond, with the Kree/Skull war or whatever. I don't even think Marvel wants to do Kree/Skrull in PIII although Inhumans may get an altered origin, in which case, you can link them to the Avengers via GoTG or some other Marvel platform, or through an Inhumans origin film. The point is, the Inhumans is being developed as a brand within the existing MCU at Disney. There is nothing that is merging and nothing fans have been pining for ever since the project went into development, since the expectation was it was always to be under the same MCU umbrella.

Last edited by Mr.M; 09-13-2013 at 09:27 AM.