The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #626
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Order of events:

1) Lois encounters Clark in the arctic.
2) Ship and Clark go away, military says it was a submarine.
3) Perry won't publish article on aliens, so Lois sells it to a blogger.
4) Perry suspends Lois for 3 weeks.
5) Lois says that part of the reason she put out the article was so that her mystery man would know that she's after him.
6) During her three weeks, she looks for Clark, she finds the patterns, meets Pete Ross, and I think also meets Martha Kent.
7) Lois and Clark talk at the cemetery, she has found out that he is a good person over the time frame (the past three weeks), and thus decides not to push with the story.
8) She goes back to work, Perry doesn't believe her that she's just dropping it.
4 and 8 are in the exact same conversation. We only really have 2 major Lois/Perry in the office scenes. First is When Perry won't publish the article. Second is when he says he is suspending her for 3 weeks when she says the story is dead.

It does create a large, unexplained time gap in the film, but that is how the film actually orders things.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #627
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/synopsis

I am correct. There is no time gap. Lois uses her three week suspension from the DP to track down Clark.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Lois has found her way onto the ship, but is attacked by a sentry. Her screams cause Clark to come running. After dismantling the sentry by crushing it with his bare hands, he sees that Lois has a wound in her lower abdomen. He tells her she's bleeding internally and uses his heat vision to cauterize the wound.

Shortly after, military forces nearby are all surprised when the ice starts to crack, and a giant ship emerges, flying off.

Lois is found the next day and shortly thereafter writes up an article about what she experienced. However, her editor at the Daily Planet, Perry White (Laurence Fishburne), refuses to publish it. Even the Pentagon has denied her 'aliens and spaceships' story. Lois then attempts to play hard ball. Going to a contact of hers named Glen Woodburn (Chad Krowchuk), she allows him to publish her story. Though he cautions that she could get in trouble for leaking the story, she claims she wants to do this, in hopes that it will catch the attention of the person she met.

Meanwhile, Clark has piloted the spaceship to another remote location in the Arctic. It turns out the figure he was following is a hologram of his Father Jor-El, who is appearing via the 'key' Clark inserted into the ship. Jor-El explains the history of the planet Krypton and that the ship Clark found was a sentry ship sent out many years before, when the the council of Krypton had attempted to colonize other planets.

Also on board the ship, Clark finds a suit that he puts on, and finds out that the crest on the suit (and on the key he had), is both a symbol of hope crest of his true family. Jor-El also explains that the planet's sun has made Clark stronger, and has been helping him manifest powers for some time. Jor-El also shows Clark a dark blue and red uniform that will symbolize his mission: to help the people of Earth and act as their guardian. Stepping outside the ship, Clark begins to push his powers: first taking flying leaps, before eventually being able to fly at great speeds, breaking the sound barrier.

Back in Metropolis, Perry White is furious that Lois leaked her story to the internet, and suspends her for three weeks. Lois uses this time to begin tracking down leads to her mystery man. Her sleuthing leads her to Smallville, and eventually, Martha Kent.

Visiting the grave of Jonathan Kent, she is surprised when her mystery man appears (albeit in nondescript clothing). Lois claims she wants to tell Clark's story, but he tells her of how he abides by his father's request to not reveal himself until the world 'was ready.'

Clark then relates how Jonathan died. After the two have an argument during a drive, they stop when a tornado forms, threatening everyone on the road nearby. Clark gets his mother and several others to safety, with Jonathan attempting to get the family dog free of their vehicle. The dog makes it to safety, but Jonathan ends up injuring himself, unable to make it to the overpass where everyone has taken shelter. Clark had wanted to help his father, but a gesture from Jonathan cautioned him to not reveal himself, leaving Jonathan to be swept away by the tornado. Hearing his story, Lois respects Clark's wish for privacy, and stops trying to pursue a story from him.

Clark returns to his Mother, and happily tells her that he has found where he came from, and who his true parents are. Though Martha fears that her son will now be taken from her, Clark assures her it won't happen.

Meanwhile, the military has received word of a strange ship in geosynchronous orbit around the planet. Soon, others report the strange sighting, but are surprised when power is cut off to all parts of the world, and a message is broadcast...from General Zod. Zod demands that the people of Earth hand over Kal-El within 24 hours, or there will be consequences. A worldwide manhunt is initiated to find this Kal-El. Glenn Woodburn is interviewed about the aliens, and drops Lois' name, which soon results in numerous FBI agents being sent to intercept her. She is then held in custody by the army.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #628
Andreth
Side-Kick

No DA_Champion, that synopsis is wrong

Lois is suspended AFTER the graveyard scene, right after the scene she talks with Clark and he tells her how Jonathan died. She drops the story after having a change of heart and that's when she's suspended for 3 weeks.

See? she's lying for Clark here.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 09-07-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:06 AM   #629
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

yeah DA, we don't think you're wrong, we know it, the suspension is after she tracks down Clark.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #630
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Clark saves Lois in Artic
She tells Perry her story and he doesn't believe her
Lois gives story to blogger
Lois tracks down Clark and they have convo at graveyard
Lois returns to Metropolis (before Clark gets down the street to his moms house?) and is chewed out by Perry who suspends her.

My question is did the "you are not alone" thing happen that same day or three weeks later? Because Lois is at work when it happens.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #631
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Lois returns to Metropolis (before Clark gets down the street to his moms house?) and is chewed out by Perry who suspends her.
Yeah I noticed this on my second viewing, weird. Reminded me of something similar in All Star Batman.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #632
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well one thing is for sure, given that it's more likely that Lois's character will have somewhat of a limited screen time due to the inclusion of Batman into this film, Snyder and Goyer better be thinking more about Quality than quantity at this point when it comes to the scenes and story arc that they have for Lois in this film.

As much as I love the development of her relationship with Superman, they need to give Lois an arc of her own that goes with the story so that she doesn't fall prey to something that so many co-leads/love interests tend to fall into in their second or third outings, and that is their only real arc in the film being about their relationship with the protagonist of the film.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #633
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Clark saves Lois in Artic
She tells Perry her story and he doesn't believe her
Lois gives story to blogger
Lois tracks down Clark and they have convo at graveyard

My question is did the "you are not alone" thing happen that same day or three weeks later? Because Lois is at work when it happens.
My best guess is either it happens the same day, or Perry changes his mind about suspending Lois's pay, or actually Lois is in suspension. She may be such a diligent worker that she showed up at work even when she was not getting a salary.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #634
John Lambert
Side-Kick

The more I think about it, the more I think someone driven by name recognition like Lois would not leave work for three weeks. She might not be getting paid, but she would want to go that long with no one seeing her by-line.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #635
Loki882
Side-Kick

Did Perry say "two weeks without pay" or "two weeks SUSPENSION without pay" I forget? If it's the former, then he may still let her write articles, he just wouldn't pay her. Also, wasn't Lois in the DP when Zod's broadcast happened?

Old 09-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #636
Andreth
Side-Kick

I was reading the novelization, and this is the deleted scene with the military interrogating Lois, I wonder if we'll get it in the DVD/blu-ray
“Where is the alien, Ms. Lane?”
General Swanwick leaned across his desk at NORTHCOM HQ. Colonel Hardy and Dr. Hamilton— whom Lois remembered from Ellesmere—were also taking part in the interrogation. A pair of federal agents stood guard by the door, just in case she tried to make a break for it.
Fat chance, Lois thought. She knew better than to try to get past an army of soldiers on high alert. She’d have better odds breaking out of a supermax prison.
“I told you,” she said irritably, “I don’t know.”
“The FBI have your hard drive, your emails,” Hardy said, playing bad cop. “They know you were tracking him. Keeping silent doesn’t benefit anyone.”
Except maybe Clark, she thought. And everyone who’s depending on him.
“We believe the ship you discovered transmitted a signal that guided the visitors to Earth,” Emil Hamilton stated. “The question is, why is this particular individual so valuable to them. Did he ever discuss a motive for his people’s journey?”
Lois kept silent, unwilling to reveal anything that might be used against Clark. She stared back at her interrogators without flinching. She wasn’t about to let anyone intimidate her—not even a five-star general.
“Be reasonable, Ms. Lane,” Swanwick said. “If you’re found guilty of treason, you could be given the death penalty.”
“I’ve been threatened with death before, General,” she responded. “It doesn’t scare me.”
“Then what about the aliens that levied this ultimatum?” he countered. “Because they sure as hell scare me.”
Lois knew how he felt, but she held her tongue. Clark wasn’t like them—he wasn’t the enemy, of that much she was sure.
“He’s not human, Ms. Lane.” Swanwick pounded on his desk in frustration. “Why are you protecting him?”
“I’m not!” she blurted. “He doesn’t need my protection. We need his.” She tried her damnedest to make them understand. “If we give him up, there’s no one left to stop them. They know that. That’s why they want him!”
The general’s aide, Captain Farris, rushed into the office. She was breathless, and very flustered.
“Sir, we’ve, umm, got a situation out at the North Gate.”

Swanwick had read the leaked accounts of Lane’s experiences in Arctic. He had been briefed on the alien’s alleged superhuman abilities. Even so, as his Humvee pulled up to the gate, he rubbed his eyes in disbelief.
A caped figure, clad in red, blue, and gold, hovered in the air above the base’s main gate, brazenly defying gravity. A stylized “S” was emblazoned on the chest of his uniform, while his crimson cape flapped gently in the wind. A dark-haired Caucasian male, the man matched the description of the alien who had infiltrated the base at Ellesmere—and absconded with the buried spaceship.
He looked surprisingly human

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 09-07-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #637
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

General Swanwick can't possibly be a five-star general? I thought the US only had five star generals during war time.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #638
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Is two weeks without pay an actual thing? Is that legal? I thought if you aren't getting paid you stay home. Now I can see Lois taking it upon herself to still show up and get some stories despite not getting paid but Im not sure a boss can make you do that.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #639
Loki882
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=DA_Champion;26807473]General Swanwick can't possibly be a five-star general? I thought the US only had five star generals during war time.
The last five star general was Omar Bradley when he was made General of the Army in 1950. It is reserved for wartime and require Congressional approval.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #640
John Lambert
Side-Kick

I liked the detail of Lois claiming the whole investigation had collapsed to protect Clark. Why exactly do people think the relationship is rushed?

Old 09-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #641
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Is this supposed to be proof that the relationship isn't rushed?

Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #642
The Guard
Side-Kick

WHAT relationship?

They shared a kiss, they're not joined at the hip or anything.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 09-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #643
Andreth
Side-Kick

Yeah, it's not like they're getting engaged or anything, they obviously have feelings for each other but at that point it's just a kiss! he's not shopping for wedding rings, their romantic adventure is just begining, anyway, this sums it up perfectly:

It's not Happily Ever After, it's The Adventure Begins

So I’ve been hearing some people say that the romance subplot in Man of Steel is bad. You know, feels unwarranted, whatever. I don’t get that. Maybe if the movie had ended with Lois and Clark getting married, or having kids, but no. It ends pretty much with them starting a relationship. It’s a first date/second date kinda thing, not an epic love. Not yet. And I don’t think it was being sold as an epic love at that point.

Compare the Thor movie, where we’re meant to believe that Thor flirting with Jane for a while had made him a better man and he’d fallen in love with her to the point that Loki threatening her could compel him to attack his beloved brother. Now that’s unearned. But we don’t get that in MoS. When a loved one is threatened so Superman will flip out and attack the bad guy full power, it’s his mother. When people are threatened to the point that Superman must kill to save them, Lois isn’t among them. As the movie itself says, by the end of the show, they’ve JUST HAD THEIR FIRST KISS. THAT’S IT.

So with that in mind, all we have to do is justify Clark and Lois having a romantic interest in each other. (Note: From the mythos, we know a major factor in this is that Lois is consistently let down by people, institutions, everything, and Clark is one of the few things in the world that stands up to her scrutiny. But that’s more of an “It’s In The Manuel" sort of thing, so we’ll skip it.)

From Lois’s perspective: A man (who admittedly is very handsome) saves her life, even though it jeopardizes his own secret, with no thought of reward or “You’d better keep your mouth shut." Given all the cover-ups a Pulitzer-Prize-winning journalist would come across, and all the **** people have done to keep skeletons in their closets, that alone is worthy of note. Then she finds out this guy has pretty much dedicated his life to saving people, consistently willing to sacrifice his own comfortable existence if it means other people are safe. She has a face-to-face meeting with him; he’s respectful, open, and honest with her. She sees him put his own life in jeopardy, repeatedly, to save the human race (which has, via the military, imprisoned him and attempted to kill him), as well as rescue her repeatedly (including making it a caveat of his surrender to the military that she be set free). Even when Zod’s mind-probe of her puts Martha Kent in danger, his very first thought is “Don’t worry, it’s not your fault," instead of being the slightest bit angry. Now, maybe it’s just me, but it’d take the worst sort of “Girls Only Go For *******s" type to think all THAT wouldn’t make an impression.

From Clark’s perspective: After a lifetime of staying away from people for fear that they’ll learn his secret and attack him, he meets an (admittedly very pretty) woman who is completely cool with it. And his habit of saving lives, one that he’s gotten no support or praise for, not even from his own father? She likes it. She offers him unconditional support as he confides in her and debates with her as an equal. She promises to keep his secret and does, even when the entire world is against her, even when she’s been unjustly imprisoned by the military. She risks her own life to participate in the attack on Zod’s ship. Finally, even when she sees him at his worst, forced to execute Zod, she still accepts and comforts him. Now, I gotta think most guys, when confronted with a beautiful, intelligent woman who is awesome at her job, completely trustworthy, and totally supportive of them, would go “Where do I sign up?"

So c’mon fellas, what more do you want? Does he have to fly her around the world, listening to spoken-word poetry, to seal the deal?

TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 09-09-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #644
Loki882
Side-Kick

It's not even a first or second date type of situation. It's the step BEFORE the first date. It's the "oh my god, we almost died" type of situation.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #645
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's the step BEFORE the first date
Exactly!

the movie ended with them going into that direction and wanting to go into that direction. That's it.

TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #646
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
My best guess is either it happens the same day, or Perry changes his mind about suspending Lois's pay, or actually Lois is in suspension. She may be such a diligent worker that she showed up at work even when she was not getting a salary.
She's wearing a sweater over a blouse when she gets suspended, I think. When we see her at the toner, she's wearing a blazer over a blouse.

So the time lapse of two or three weeks happens, and then Zod shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Yeah, it's not like they're getting engaged or anything, they obviously have feelings for each other but at that point it's just a kiss! he's not shopping for wedding rings, their romantic adventure is just begining, anyway, this sums it up perfectly:

It's not Happily Ever After, it's The Adventure Begins

So Iíve been hearing some people say that the romance subplot in Man of Steel is bad. You know, feels unwarranted, whatever. I donít get that. Maybe if the movie had ended with Lois and Clark getting married, or having kids, but no. It ends pretty much with them starting a relationship. Itís a first date/second date kinda thing, not an epic love. Not yet. And I donít think it was being sold as an epic love at that point.

Compare the Thor movie, where weíre meant to believe that Thor flirting with Jane for a while had made him a better man and heíd fallen in love with her to the point that Loki threatening her could compel him to attack his beloved brother. Now thatís unearned. But we donít get that in MoS. When a loved one is threatened so Superman will flip out and attack the bad guy full power, itís his mother. When people are threatened to the point that Superman must kill to save them, Lois isnít among them. As the movie itself says, by the end of the show, theyíve JUST HAD THEIR FIRST KISS. THATíS IT.

So with that in mind, all we have to do is justify Clark and Lois having a romantic interest in each other. (Note: From the mythos, we know a major factor in this is that Lois is consistently let down by people, institutions, everything, and Clark is one of the few things in the world that stands up to her scrutiny. But thatís more of an ďItís In The Manuel" sort of thing, so weíll skip it.)

From Loisís perspective: A man (who admittedly is very handsome) saves her life, even though it jeopardizes his own secret, with no thought of reward or ďYouíd better keep your mouth shut." Given all the cover-ups a Pulitzer-Prize-winning journalist would come across, and all the **** people have done to keep skeletons in their closets, that alone is worthy of note. Then she finds out this guy has pretty much dedicated his life to saving people, consistently willing to sacrifice his own comfortable existence if it means other people are safe. She has a face-to-face meeting with him; heís respectful, open, and honest with her. She sees him put his own life in jeopardy, repeatedly, to save the human race (which has, via the military, imprisoned him and attempted to kill him), as well as rescue her repeatedly (including making it a caveat of his surrender to the military that she be set free). Even when Zodís mind-probe of her puts Martha Kent in danger, his very first thought is ďDonít worry, itís not your fault," instead of being the slightest bit angry. Now, maybe itís just me, but itíd take the worst sort of ďGirls Only Go For *******s" type to think all THAT wouldnít make an impression.

From Clarkís perspective: After a lifetime of staying away from people for fear that theyíll learn his secret and attack him, he meets an (admittedly very pretty) woman who is completely cool with it. And his habit of saving lives, one that heís gotten no support or praise for, not even from his own father? She likes it. She offers him unconditional support as he confides in her and debates with her as an equal. She promises to keep his secret and does, even when the entire world is against her, even when sheís been unjustly imprisoned by the military. She risks her own life to participate in the attack on Zodís ship. Finally, even when she sees him at his worst, forced to execute Zod, she still accepts and comforts him. Now, I gotta think most guys, when confronted with a beautiful, intelligent woman who is awesome at her job, completely trustworthy, and totally supportive of them, would go ďWhere do I sign up?"

So címon fellas, what more do you want? Does he have to fly her around the world, listening to spoken-word poetry, to seal the deal?

Who wrote that? I think I'm in love.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #647
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #648
Audrey
Side-Kick

Hey Lois and Clark fans....head over here and vote for Clois if you miss them at DC Comics. You don't have to register. Just vote.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=181

Old 09-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #649
Loki882
Side-Kick

I love Lois/Clark dearly, but I'm actually kind of glad that they're at least trying something NEW in the comics, too much of the "reboot" has been inferior rehashes. I want them back together eventually, and I'm positive that it will happen despite Didio's moronic "all superheroes must have ****** personal lives" mantra, but I'll be patient for now.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #650
John Lambert
Side-Kick

I am just glad that they did not follow the New 52 in setting out the Lois/Clark relationship in MOS.

I guess you could argue MOS has less romance than S:TM, but it is on a more sure foundation.

Closed Thread