The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #701
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
No, we will take every quote literally and dissect it thus. That is how things work here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
http://www.eonline.com/news/456925/c...rss_topstories

Looks like Hemsworth is back for Avengers 2 after all that claptrap. So it looks like they worked out a deal.

So who cares about who is cheap? If Hemsworth doesn't like the deal, he shouldn't have taken it.

And yeah I think worrying about what these multi-millionaires get paid is ridiculous. Sure they get bills, but so do we. If they can't save or manage their money well, that's on them.
Agreed. I'll worry more about what I'm paid than guys who are already completely financially secure.

Although at the same time they shouldn't lose Hemsworth or anyone who is great in their role over a pay deal unless they're asking for way too much (not that that was happening here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
As popular as RDJ is, if Evans or Hemsworth declined to continue to portray the characters for the next several years or so there would be outcry.
RDJ will have been in so many films by the time of Avengers 3 (assuming he's in that) that the outcry probably wouldn't be nearly as much as it would have been, plus he will have aged a fair bit. If it had been earlier that would surely have got the biggest outcry followed by Hemsworth & then Evans. Some other guys are also very good in their roles but other top actors might do just as well. The RDJ magic will be difficult to replace and finding an actor who can handle Thor as well as Hemsworth and happens to have such a strong likeness to the character also won't be easy. I hope he stays in the role for 20 years lol.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #702
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Hey,anyone knows why The Avengers/Cap/Thor hasn't been shown on tv yet?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #703
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

its usually a good while before they make a television premiere, I'd imagine Thor would be airing on TV around the release of TDW

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #704
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Not sure what you mean. Thor has had TV spots, they just aren't super frequent yet because the movie doesn't come out for another two months. You won't start seeing a lot of Thor TV ads until late this month and into next month. Cap hasn't even had a teaser trailer yet and Avengers 2 hasn't even started shooting.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #705
Loki882
Side-Kick

I've found that it usually takes between two and three years for a movie to air on TV after it leaves theatres. FX will probably have the rights to air Thor/Cap/TA, they already air IM, IM 2, and TIH. They've only just started airing XMFC and that came out in 2011, so Thor and Cap should be coming pretty soon.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #706
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I thought I'd already seen Avengers & Cap on (UK satellite) TV.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #707
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I suspect Disney or one of its affiliates will show Avengers later this year or early next.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #708
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I would like to see them continue featuring a supporting character or love interest in the Avengers movies. I would like to see Betty or Rhodey or Jane Foster pop up in AoU.
This is what can make Avengers & MU films so rich and would reward even casual filmgoers who should remember the main supporting characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Pepper's inclusion in TA made Tony's peril at the end of the film much more immediate and poignant for the audience. His last call to her and the shot of her watching him fly the nuke into the portal made the situation more intense and the danger more real.
Pepper, Rhodey, Jane & Betty should all feature in Avengers films, even if it's super brief. And if any of the individual heroes are facing a life-death situation, seeing some reaction from their other half/best friend will help bring it home to audiences. But even without that...their presence, no matter how fleeting, adds to the foundations of the film universe and binds everything together. Audiences have shown they like this kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I still rank Rhodey higher than "supporting character" when it comes to the Avengers, given his actual membership in the comic-book version of the group.

But yeah, I'd really like to see a callback to TIH with Betty and, more importantly imho, Gen. Ross in AoU. But, given the way Marvel Studios keeps trying to pretend TIH never happened, I strongly doubt we'll ever see any reference to the characters and events in that movie again.
He's more relevant during a global crisis as he's a superhero as well as a supporting character (as Stark's friend), and as you say a member of the team with plenty of history in the comics. Definitely want to see him appear in an Avengers film soon.

I don't think we'll see any TIH reference either any more. I'd want it if they were going to keep those same actors for a future Hulk film but otherwise it would seem pointless.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #709
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Not sure what you mean. Thor has had TV spots, they just aren't super frequent yet because the movie doesn't come out for another two months. You won't start seeing a lot of Thor TV ads until late this month and into next month. Cap hasn't even had a teaser trailer yet and Avengers 2 hasn't even started shooting.
I think he mean the actual movies airing on TV, not the trailers and tv spots for the sequels

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #710
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Sorry, but times have changed since those contracts were signed. Marvel is rolling in money know, the actors should be paid more, simple as that. I also am annoyed by the "they get paid too much" argument. They are key parts of a product that hundreds of millions of people enjoy and makes billions of dollars, so they should be paid accordingly.
Are you basing this off those rumours that the cast of The Avengers will not return unless they were paid more?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #711
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

MTV.COM speculates that instead of mutants, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be Inhumans:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/09/12...r-be-inhumans/

It's only speculation.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 09-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #712
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
MTV.COM speculates that instead of mutants, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be Inhumans:

It's only speculation.

Makes sense - and might be what Vin was referring to when he talked about a merger of brands. The standard MCU six movie deal for Aaron Taylor Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen might include three Avengers and three Inhuman films. Vin Diesel as Black Bolt, two leads from the Avengers sequel and an enormous teleporting dog - sounds like a hit to me.

Any speculation as to the date when the twins new origin becomes canon in the pages of Marvel comics, and the heads of X-Men fans simultaneously explode? I'm guessing it will be addressed during one of the upcoming miniseries and before the release of DOFP.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #713
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Vin Diesel would be pretty dope, he'd go from Groots VO to a non speaking role for black bolt.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #714
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Hey,anyone knows why The Avengers/Cap/Thor hasn't been shown on tv yet?
FX just started showing First Class in their rotation, and they're apparently adding Green Lantern next month. So I'd imagine Thor will premiere around the sequel's release, Cap will premiere around The Winter Soldier's release, and Avengers won't be until Aprilish 2015

Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #715
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
FX just started showing First Class in their rotation, and they're apparently adding Green Lantern next month. So I'd imagine Thor will premiere around the sequel's release, Cap will premiere around The Winter Soldier's release, and Avengers won't be until Aprilish 2015
Epix has been playing Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. Last weekend Epix 1 was playing Thor and Epix 2 had Cap on, and they scheduled them so you could watch one and then switch over and watch the other right after the first ended. Which I did. Several times.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #716
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Makes sense - and might be what Vin was referring to when he talked about a merger of brands. The standard MCU six movie deal for Aaron Taylor Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen might include three Avengers and three Inhuman films. Vin Diesel as Black Bolt, two leads from the Avengers sequel and an enormous teleporting dog - sounds like a hit to me.

Any speculation as to the date when the twins new origin becomes canon in the pages of Marvel comics, and the heads of X-Men fans simultaneously explode? I'm guessing it will be addressed during one of the upcoming miniseries and before the release of DOFP.
There's a huge Inhuman centred event coming in a couple of months, I'd be very surprised if their new origin won't be revealed there

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 09-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #717
gurkle2
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Any speculation as to the date when the twins new origin becomes canon in the pages of Marvel comics, and the heads of X-Men fans simultaneously explode?
I don't know if we can expect that any time soon. Those characters don't have a strong presence in the comics right now (I don't even think Quicksilver is a regular in any book) and the Inhuman push was probably pitched before they even knew they'd be in the movie.

I can definitely see Quicksilver's connection to the Inhumans being used to get him into a book next year, but the writers are probably just busy figuring out how to use them at all, given that for years they were just out of the books or generically written as "Magneto's children" - which, thankfully, won't be in the movie.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #718
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Are you basing this off those rumours that the cast of The Avengers will not return unless they were paid more?
Probably. Though, it's not news that MS have tighter budgets. Personally, I care so much about the lead actors - they knew what they signed up for. If anyone should get a raise, it's the people behind the cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post

It's only speculation.
Eh. His "ever-increasing stack of evidence" is Marvel putting out an Inhumans title, and MS having an interest in doing an Inhumans movie. Surely, he can see that the latter is the reason for the former?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkle2;26836739I
can definitely see Quicksilver's connection to the Inhumans being used to get him into a book next year, but the writers are probably just busy figuring out how to use them at all, given that for years they were just out of the books or generically written as "Magneto's children" - which, thankfully, won't be in the movie.
Well that's just not true. SW was out of 616 books from 2004-ish to 2011-ish, but QS was a regular in Mighty and Academy. They've only been reduced to Mags' kids during crossovers, and really, only in HoM.

Whatever happens in the movie, I doubt the comics will go through all that trouble of changing them. I can't imagine any the editors or writers will be willing to sort out that much continuity (it affects Crystal and Luna too). Not all at once, anyway.

Last edited by Wine-N-Cheese; 09-12-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #719
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
Eh. His "ever-increasing stack of evidence" is Marvel putting out an Inhumans title, and MS having an interest in doing an Inhumans movie. Surely, he can see that the latter is the reason for the former?

Well that's just not true. SW was out of 616 books from 2004-ish to 2011-ish, but QS was a regular in Mighty and Academy. They've only been reduced to Mags' kids during crossovers, and really, only in HoM.

Whatever happens in the movie, I doubt the comics will go through all that trouble of changing them. I can't imagine any of the editors or writers will be willing to sort out that much continuity. Not all at once, anyway.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #720
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:

Whatever happens in the movie, I doubt the comics will go through all that trouble of changing them. I can't imagine any the editors or writers will be willing to sort out that much continuity (it affects Crystal and Luna too). Not all at once, anyway.
They somehow managed to turn Nick Fury black AND introduce Coulson in the 616 universe, QS and SW's origins shouldnt be that hard.

Just off the top of my head, shortly after they were born Mags found out they didnt carry the x-gene so he exposed them to the Mists and just lied to them.

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #721
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
They somehow managed to turn Nick Fury black AND introduce Coulson in the 616 universe, QS and SW's origins shouldnt be that hard.

Just off the top of my head, shortly after they were born Mags found out they didnt carry the x-gene so he exposed them to the Mists and just lied to them.
Magneto's parentage of the twins may also be addressed. With dueling Quicksilvers on movie screens in 2014 and 2015, I can't see Marvel conceding the comic accurate version to FOX. With one retcon in the twins past, Marvel may decide its time for another adjustment.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #722
Loki882
Side-Kick

Scarlet Witch is a major character in Uncanny Avengers at the moment, it's Quicksilver that's not being used much. IF they wanted to change the twins status in the comics, which I highly doubt, then the Inhumanity event would be a good place to do it. Supposedley, the Terrigan Mists are unleashed on Earth and begin affecting people, so that COULD be the way to make them Inhumans. I don't think it will happen, but there's always a chance.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #723
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Wine-N-Cheese, darling, not Wine-N-Cheese-N-Grapes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post

Fury Jr and Coulson are NEW characters. Not a lot of work to do there. But retconning QS and SW into Inhumans ruins a lot of old stories. Your idea wouldn't work because Magneto didn't even know their mother was preggers when she ran away.

Last edited by Wine-N-Cheese; 09-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #724
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Wine-N-Cheese, darling, not Wine-N-Cheese-N-Grapes.
I know, I google imaged it, and they ALL had grapes, or the first row or two did anyway

Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #725
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

I don't rule out the possibility of an Inhumans movie, nor retconning the Maximoffs to be part of that clan; but I don't believe Vin is part of it. I still believe Vin's collective comments lately point towards a more down-to-earth setup for him as Kingpin, in a Daredevil-Spidey (yes....Spidey) crossover.

If the twins turn out to be alien-ish (i.e., Inhumans), I'll be perfectly happy with the explanation. My only reservations on that would be just how many Inhumans *are* there? Wanda & Pietro were obviously not Inhumans in canon; *if* Marvel Studios chooses to go that route, I'd just hate to see the Inhumans become sort of a catch-all for heroes/villains whose origins can't be easily explained to general audiences. It'd be lazy writing if we start getting a ****load of non-canon Inhumans popping up all over the place.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread