The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #626
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The President Obama Thread - Part 5

The Nobel Peace Prize was absolutely ridiculous, but it's a joke anyway considering they've also given it to Henry Kissinger and Yasser Arafat.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #627
The End
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
ugh...Obama is so embaressing.
He flips flops so much...and this situation has really made his lack of experience really show.
It's got nothing at all to do with that.

Don't you guys get it yet?

It doesn't matter who sits with the title of President. We'd be in the exact same position - a president trying to find an excuse to strike Syria.

The End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #628
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
It's got nothing at all to do with that.

Don't you guys get it yet?

It doesn't matter who sits with the title of President. We'd be in the exact same position - a president trying to find an excuse to strike Syria.
And it's not just the president. It's the joint chiefs.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #629
Grievous
General of the Droid Army

The Noble Prize has become a meaningless award if you ask me.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #630
The End
Side-Kick

The US aren't the good guys.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #631
Nell2ThaIzzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
The US aren't the good guys.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
United States? The bad guys?

You shut your dirty commie mouth!

(/sarcasm)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #632
Destructus86
Side-Kick

This whole situation just makes me embaressed for our country...just at how poorly our president handled this entire situation. :/

Old 09-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #633
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Yup...good article.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/08/...in-egypt-82525

Old 09-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #634
Arc-Light
Forward and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Is this a joke, is every bad thing in this world a problem for the U.S to deal with.........

Old 09-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #635
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc-Light View Post
Is this a joke, is every bad thing in this world a problem for the U.S to deal with.........
Seems like a neocon kind of thinking process

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #636
Figs
Side-Kick

Curious as to what some of you think about this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/repo...y-gov-t-agents

Figs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #637
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc-Light View Post
Heh, perhaps they need to start begging China for help, since they are so hell bent on becoming the next global leader. Heard they are even buying up land in Africa to start building infrastructure there, and have already passed the US as Africa's number one trading partner.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #638
Victarion
The Iron Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Curious as to what some of you think about this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/repo...y-gov-t-agents
It won't affect me or mine, but it should be voluntary.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #639
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Quote:
Malala Yousafzai, the 16-year-old Pakistani woman who was shot in the head by the Taliban for believing that women have a right to education, met with President Obama on Friday, thanking him for his support of education and asking him to stop drone strikes in Pakistan.

Passed over for a Nobel Peace Prize on Friday morning, Yousafzai met with the President, the First Lady, and their 15-year-old daughter, Malia, on Friday afternoon. While thanking the President for his support of education and assistance to Syrian refugees, Yousafzai pressed the President on the issue of drone strikes, a counterterrorism method he supports.

"I thanked President Obama for the United States' work in supporting education in Pakistan and Afghanistan and for Syrian refugees," Yousafzai said in a statement after the meeting. "I also expressed my concerns that drone attacks are fueling terrorism. Innocent victims are killed in these acts, and they lead to resentment among the Pakistani people. If we refocus efforts on education it will make a big impact."

A popular argument against the use of drone strikes is the pervasive fear they inflict on tribal communities in countries such as Pakistan and Yemen. This fear and devastation, opponents argue. produces more terrorists than the strike itself kills.

In this week's issue of the The New York Review of Books, Malise Ruthven writes,

A Pakistani observer notes that drones circling the skies in Waziristan on Pakistan’s notoriously lawless northwest frontier “produce a monotonous buzz, almost like the sound of a generator,” making it difficult for young children to sleep. Jennifer Gibson, who contributed to a report jointly commissioned by the Stanford and New York University law schools, goes further: “Drones terrorize the civilian population. They subject whole communities to the constant threat of random annihilation.” The use of drone strikes peaked in 2010, and although the number of strikes on Pakistan has fallen each year since then, it is estimated that between 88 and 143 people there have been killed by drones this year.
Getting shot by religious radicals and then telling the President of the United States that the way he's fighting them is wrong? Malala Yousafzai is way bigger than a piece of medal given out by a bunch of Norwegians.
That girl is truly amazing and very inspiring. The fact that she is only 16 is mind blowing

Old 11-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #640
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Well, this would be horrible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4240478.html

Obama supports a min wage of $10.10.

Not that I care much for my job due to the stress and **** it causes me, but I would be OUT if min wage went up that high. Let states decide, cities decide...the economy is horrid right now, so leave wages alone.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #641
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

The minimum wage has to be increased. That, or they need to start giving out more food stamps.

The Republicans can't have it both ways.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #642
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
The minimum wage has to be increased. That, or they need to start giving out more food stamps.

Yes, people need to earn more money. However, the Gov't did a bad--has done a bad job so far with health care. I rather have a living wage. If the Federal Gov't is going to increase min wage, they should take note from California (and probably will) and increase it in blocks over the year. You want $10.10 min wage? That's going to hurt employers who are already cutting back on hours due to health care, but if you do it in steps/blocks, it may not be as bad for the economy.

Example:

Q1 2015 : $8.25 an hour.
Q1 2016: $9.25 an hour.
Q1 2017: $10.10 an hour.

However, I don't see a min wage increase working very well coming from the Feds. But something does need to be done.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #643
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Obama's really nosedived in my estimation lately thanks to all the healthcare.gov stuff, the NSA snooping, and the wishy-washy non-answers or feigning ignorance whenever asked about those things. He just comes off as casually indifferent and flakey. I wouldn't put him in the bottom-rung yet, but boy does he need to get a grip and take control of his administration. He has a real problem with getting his hands dirty and getting engaged. I used to think the GOP were just being ***** when they'd claim he wouldn't negotiate with them directly or wasn't cordial with them. They may still be *****, but they may also have had a point. He needs to take some lessons from LBJ and Clinton on how to be a better communicator, both with the public and in private.

JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #644
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Obama's really nosedived in my estimation lately thanks to all the healthcare.gov stuff, the NSA snooping, and the wishy-washy non-answers or feigning ignorance whenever asked about those things. He just comes off as casually indifferent and flakey. I wouldn't put him in the bottom-rung yet, but boy does he need to get a grip and take control of his administration. He has a real problem with getting his hands dirty and getting engaged. I used to think the GOP were just being ***** when they'd claim he wouldn't negotiate with them directly or wasn't cordial with them. They may still be *****, but they may also have had a point. He needs to take some lessons from LBJ and Clinton on how to be a better communicator, both with the public and in private.

Agreed...and what's worse is we the people are suffering for it.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #645
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

You can totally live on the current minimum wage, just get a Pontiac Aztec and a bag of rice and potatoes and find a public washroom and you'll be golden.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #646
Comics N' Toons
Let the Adventure Begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Well, this would be horrible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4240478.html

Obama supports a min wage of $10.10.

Not that I care much for my job due to the stress and **** it causes me, but I would be OUT if min wage went up that high. Let states decide, cities decide...the economy is horrid right now, so leave wages alone.
I agree with this.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #647
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
United States? The bad guys?

You shut your dirty commie mouth!

(/sarcasm)
This term is offensively dated! It's terrorist, dear.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #648
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
It's been pretty well known that Obama doesn't like the whole political aspect of politics. He was never close to anyone when he was in the Senate. He never cared for schmoozing with Congress even when the Democrats had a strong united government.

Obama was the one who poisoned the well with Paul Ryan, something that Obama admits to doing and regrets. Obama's administration was the one that had the attitude of completely pushing the Republicans to the side before the GOP took over the House. He becomes visibly impatient with members of Congress (including his own party). And when it came to goal posts regarding negotiations, Obama has always been rather wishy washy on them (before McConnell and Biden came up with a deal, a deal between Obama and Boehner was ruined by Obama wanting to move the goal posts for more Democratic demands).

The Republicans certainly aren't innocent in how they've treated Obama. Not one bit. But a lot of the problems that Obama has had with the Republicans were problems that he created as well.

Last edited by hippie_hunter; 11-11-2013 at 05:23 PM.
hippie_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #649
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So is it safe to say that Americans have become lazy voters, in that they rather just re-elect someone for another term rather than vote for another person because they believe hey so-and-so worked so why not him again.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #650
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Voters aren't lazy. Look at it like the Bush/Kerry election where voters were presented with two bad choices. They rationally determined that you might as well go with the devil that you know over the devil that you don't know. The same applies to the Obama/Romney election.

And then there is the fact that the Obama campaign was an absolutely perfect, well-oiled, election machine. While most people were focused on the Latino vote, the Obama campaign did a stealth operation to increase the black vote and it won them Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio as a result. They had a top of the line technological presence, hired mathematicians, had great surrogates, etc.