The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #726
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

The won't be inhumans. They will be registered gifted. That is the synonym being used for mutants on Agents of SHIELD, and will be used in this movie. I also think the twins will be orphans, and their true parentage will be a mystery.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #727
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

When it comes to Marvel Films as of late, I don't think canon lineages or relations has been a big issue for them, let alone one that they'd feel being a necessity to show in their films. I mean look at how many canon familial bonds that they've ignored and thrown away in their past films?

1. Mystique and Night Crawler are not presented as Mother and Son as they are in the comics.

2. Rogue has no connection whatsoever to Mystique or Nigh Crawler for that matter.

3. Professor X and Juggernaut are not half/stepbrothers.

4. Heimdell and Sif aren't siblings.

5. I seriously doubt that Alex Summers is the younger brother of Scott after what we saw in "First Class".

Old 09-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #728
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
The won't be inhumans. They will be registered gifted. That is the synonym being used for mutants on Agents of SHIELD, and will be used in this movie. I also think the twins will be orphans, and their true parentage will be a mystery.
You can be registered gifted and Inhuman you know? Being RG is just a label being used for people with powers not necessarily explaining their origin.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #729
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
When it comes to Marvel Films as of late, I don't think canon lineages or relations has been a big issue for them, let alone one that they'd feel being a necessity to show in their films. I mean look at how many canon familial bonds that they've ignored and thrown away in their past films?

1. Mystique and Night Crawler are not presented as Mother and Son as they are in the comics.

2. Rogue has no connection whatsoever to Mystique or Nigh Crawler for that matter.

4. Heimdell and Sif aren't siblings.

5. I seriously doubt that Alex Summers is the younger brother of Scott after what we saw in "First Class".
Only one of those relationships was presented in a Marvel Studios film. And concept art was produced that showed Sif to be of African descent, so at one point there was the thought of showing a stronger familial link between the Asgardian siblings.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #730
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
If the twins turn out to be alien-ish (i.e., Inhumans), I'll be perfectly happy with the explanation. My only reservations on that would be just how many Inhumans *are* there? Wanda & Pietro were obviously not Inhumans in canon; *if* Marvel Studios chooses to go that route, I'd just hate to see the Inhumans become sort of a catch-all for heroes/villains whose origins can't be easily explained to general audiences. It'd be lazy writing if we start getting a ****load of non-canon Inhumans popping up all over the place.
I think that's exactly where Marvel is heading in films, publishing, animation, etc. Introducing characters as Inhumans as opposed to mutants allows Marvel Studios to retain their film rights. It's likely that any new "born this way" heroes and villains, and perhaps a few old favorites, will be the result of Terrigen Mist and not the X-Gene.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #731
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
I know alot dont consider it canon but in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine video game it is shown that Mystique was pregnant with Nightcrawler, who was fathered by Wraith(the teleporting Will.I.Am)

I only consider it canon because the game was actually REALLY good, and had an ending tying into X-Men: DOFP

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #732
Lord
All Mighty

I haven't played the game, but i saw some of the cutscenes, considering the Days of Future Past showing that the future isn't going to be bright i guess it can easily be considered 2nd level canon, it has the events of the movie happening in a different way but that can be considered to be Logan's memories being all messed up since after The Wolverine he seemed to be remembered things from his past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #733
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Games are never canon unfortunately as they don't reach enough of the same audience. Mainly gamers and hardcore fans.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #734
DrDoom
Dictator

IT'S CANON TO ME DAMMIT!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #735
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Fine with me!

Old 09-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #736
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
if it makes you feel any better they could show azazel and mystique together at some point DOFP lol

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #737
Loki882
Side-Kick

There was never any evidence that Mystique ISN'T Nightcrawler's mother. Singer even had that scene with the two in X2. We know that Alex is related to Scott in SOME way, maybe an OLDER brother or uncle. We also don't know for sure that Sif and Heimdall AREN'T related, they may very well be and it just wasn't stated.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #738
Rock Sexton
Banned User

What is with this obsession in using the word "canon" lately on all the marvel-related forums?

Old 09-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #739
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think they're just misspelling Canaan personally.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #740
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
What is with this obsession in using the word "canon" lately on all the marvel-related forums?
Cause it's the correct term. Would you prefer "in-continuity"?

Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #741
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Magneto's parentage of the twins may also be addressed. With dueling Quicksilvers on movie screens in 2014 and 2015, I can't see Marvel conceding the comic accurate version to FOX. With one retcon in the twins past, Marvel may decide its time for another adjustment.
Should Marvel change the twins' parentage in the 616 universe, they would simply be undoing a retcon that was unnecessary in the first place. It would make sense to change Wanda & Pietro's history to make Bob & Madeleine Frank their parents. It could be explained away as either a scheme of Magneto's to control them, as he had long sought to do, or an illusion engineered by Chthon with the intent of harming Wanda. Or there could be some other explanation since the current crop of comic writers have a seemingly endless supply of idiotic ideas at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Scarlet Witch is a major character in Uncanny Avengers at the moment, it's Quicksilver that's not being used much. IF they wanted to change the twins status in the comics, which I highly doubt, then the Inhumanity event would be a good place to do it. Supposedley, the Terrigan Mists are unleashed on Earth and begin affecting people, so that COULD be the way to make them Inhumans. I don't think it will happen, but there's always a chance.
Since the twins were born on Wundagore Mountain, a better explanation for their powers would be that the High Evolutionary's genetic experimentation or even the energies and chemicals he was developing affected them in utero. Their mother, Magda, and Madeleine Frank were both on or near the mountain while pregnant and could well have been affected by HE's experimentation.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #742
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
They somehow managed to turn Nick Fury black AND introduce Coulson in the 616 universe, QS and SW's origins shouldnt be that hard.

Just off the top of my head, shortly after they were born Mags found out they didnt carry the x-gene so he exposed them to the Mists and just lied to them.
Huh? Nick Fury is black now in the 616 Universe? How did they manage that?

I can understand with Nick Fury Jr, but if the original one who has been white all these years suddenly turns black, that will take some explanation. It's not quite the same as making someone black for a movie adaptation. It's not like in the comics, someone can go up to white Nick Fury and say that there's nothing inherently white about him and then he suddenly turns black. Please explain.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #743
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post

I can understand with Nick Fury Jr, but if the original one who has been white all these years suddenly turns black, that will take some explanation. It's not quite the same as making someone black for a movie adaptation. It's not like in the comics, someone can go up to white Nick Fury and say that there's nothing inherently white about him and then he suddenly turns black. Please explain.
He reversed the Michael Jackson technique.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #744
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:

Fury is still white. Nick fury jr is black

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 09-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #745
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:

He didn't turn black, there's 2 fury's. From what I remember the black fury is the white fury's son.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #746
Loki882
Side-Kick

Nick Fury Jr is the original Fury's son, as many posters have said. The first name he went by was Marcus Johnson. He got the Fury name, lost the exact same eye as Sam Jackson Fury, and got a haircut/grew a beard like Jackson through the power of blatant plot contrivance.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #747
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Is Nick Fury Jr the main Nick Fury in the 616 now? Or is Fury Sr still around and the main man?

Old 09-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #748
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Is Nick Fury Jr the main Nick Fury in the 616 now? Or is Fury Sr still around and the main man?
Fury Sr. is still around but supposedly the Infinity Formula that slowed his aging has worn off and he can't get more. That's an excuse to retire him in favor of Fury Jr. But if you think about how old Fury would really be, it does make sense. Steve will be 100 in five years and Fury is at least a decade older than him.

Fury Jr. is a SHIELD agent working with Phil Coulson and the Secret Avengers.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #749
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:

yet they are both conspicuously british. weird.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #750
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Plus, it was nice to have at least ONE supporting character from the previous films who wasn't related to SHIELD in any way show up. We also got clarification of Tony/Pepper's relationship, which was a nice tie back to IM 2 and some humorous moments. I still want to know what Pepper whispered in Tony's ear, it must have been "exotic" to shock even Tony "manwhore" Stark.
Also, Whedon wrote the best Pepper Potts since the first IM. So glad he changed his mind and included Pep!

Closed Thread