The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 09-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #26
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Batman's fighting style needs to be quick and fluid, but at the same time aggressive, heavy handed, and methodical, with SEAMLESS integration of his gadgets.

Also, Batman should be able to take on any opponent one-on-one with extreme ease.

Unless its a huge crowd of people running at him at once (in which case he should use a flash bang or some other gadget), or a villain such as Bane, Deathstroke or Ra's, Batman shouldn't have any trouble disposing of a criminal(s). Quick and Easy with extreme, but not fatal, prejudice.

Lastly, Batman needs to be a mute. My BIGGEST issue with all of the post Burton films is that Batman talks TOO DAMN MUCH. Seriously, shut up. Batman does not talk to criminals unless he's interrogating them.

The "I'm not wearing hockey pads" convo in TDK, and His and Robin's back and forth in B & R was SO annoying.

Seriously Batman, just shut up.

The best Batman is one that is silent and plays up the "supernatural" side of the Batman facade and strikes fear.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 09-14-2013 at 03:04 AM.
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #27
Blade87
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
This.
I agree!

Blade87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #28
Blade87
Side-Kick

I agree with this aswell

Old 09-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #29
Blade87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Batman's fighting style needs to be quick and fluid, but at the same time aggressive, heavy handed, and methodical, with SEAMLESS integration of his gadgets.

Also, Batman should be able to take on any opponent one-on-one with extreme ease.

Unless its a huge crowd of people running at him at once (in which case he should use a flash bang or some other gadget), or a villain such as Bane, Deathstroke or Ra's, Batman shouldn't have any trouble disposing of a criminal(s). Quick and Easy with extreme, but not fatal, prejudice.

Lastly, Batman needs to be a mute. My BIGGEST issue with all of the post Burton films is that Batman talks TOO DAMN MUCH. Seriously, shut up. Batman does not talk to criminals unless he's interrogating them.

The "I'm not wearing hockey pads" convo in TDK, and His and Robin's back and forth in B & R was SO annoying.

The best Batman is one that is silent and plays up the "supernatural" side of the Batman facade and does is best to strike fear.
Yesssss!

Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 AM   #30
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Am I the only one who wants to see him go full Ip Man, if he gets attacked by multiple opponents?

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:38 AM   #31
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Am I the only one who wants to see him go full Ip Man, if he gets attacked by multiple opponents?

Sorry bro, but you might be. Batman doesn't just stand there and let thugs attack him, he moves around them, behind them -it's called stacking
where you let your opponents get in each other's way. Batman also attacks by surprise, and takes out henchman quietly. The idea of him standing and inviting the bad guys to walk up and punch him is not
the style I think suits him at all.
If anything Batman goes on the offensive, he keeps his enemies on the backfoot and off-balance.

Even the Jail-break fight scene from Watchmen was a little too slo-mo for me, I'd like to keep the action full speed, fast and aggressive. Again, if I had to make a comparison, I'd say that Batman's style should be quite
close to Jason Bourne's - aggressive, quiet and effective.
Bourne never talks in a fight, it's all business. That's not to say his fights can't be spectacular, I still rate the fight with Desh in Bourne Ultimatum as one of the best movie fist fights ever.

Anyway, if Snyder leaves the slo-mo aside, and keeps it brutal then his Batman will have a satisfyingly believable and effective fighting style.
Again, I want him to be dirtier, nastier, knee-stomping, nose breaking,
and groin kicking. I want to see Batman's anger represented on screen
in an intelligent but brutal fashion - you want the feeling that he really
hurts criminals (maybe that will be a bone of contention between him and
supes, that Bats fills up too many hospital legs).

I suppose in that respect the Batman of Miller's DKR had a very brutal and effective style - he breaks a couple of legs in that one, the mutant leader gets his leg broken at the knee, and one of Dent's henchmen gets a broken femur - ouch ! That's the sort of stuff Batman should be doing.

Having said that, I love the Arkham clip, is that Bats fighting Deathstroke,
it could certainly form the basis for a spectacular and nasty style. However, could Batfleck pull it off in real life, I'd really prefer not to see any wire work in the film -only one of the characters should be able to fly.

cheers, !

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #32
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

Lastly, Batman needs to be a mute. My BIGGEST issue with all of the post Burton films is that Batman talks TOO D*** MUCH. Seriously, shut up. Batman does not talk to criminals unless he's interrogating them.

The best Batman is one that is silent and plays up the "supernatural" side of the Batman facade and strikes fear.
To me, the fighting, like everything else, should be scary.

That's why I think, in film, Batman should focus on attacking from behind with restraining moves, and THEN getting all martial artsy when/if thugs get defensive.

IMHO, I think that the stealth takedowns in the Arkham games are more intimidating then watching fists and legs fly around

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #33
matt47
Side-Kick

So true ^^
I would honestly be fine if batman doesnt have a legit fight scene.
It would be awesome to just see him quickly grabbing/dragging
enemies into the darkness. (Batman begins did this perfectly imo)
I want him to be a mythical creature! Nobody has actually gotten a good enough loom at him
(Minus some bad guys but theyre too filled with fear to talk about it)
Okay...maybe ive gone a little far..?

matt47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #34
Procrastinator

Bring back Keysi but simply shoot it better.

The thing about Nolan fights is that they had great choreography, but were shot in a way that didn't always properly showcased it.

Even the best cinema fights are all basically cheating. The actors and stuntmen never do anything that looks like real combat (especially when involving multiple opponents), its ALL about strategic cuts and clever editing. Nolan bat fights were actually choreographed in a way that showed Batman quite believably and fluidly take care of multiple opponents. Its just that they were edited in a somewhat "bland" way (at least compared to style of directors like Snyder).

But the moves themselves were great. Keysi brings that perfect blend of cinematic looking choreography, rugged, "elbow to the face" brutality, and "realistic" looking efficiency. One of the biggest misconceptions is that Bane vs Batman fight was "primitive". Yes the moves were exaggerated to show the brutality and beast like quality of both combatants (which was fitting for the characters, and made the fight impressive), but it wasn't just a brawl. If You look closely You can see a lot of that keysi "arm fencing" with blocks and various combinations.

I actually quite like Nolan fight scenes, and strongly believe that much of the backlash against them is unfairly generated, by the chaotic editing of Begins (which was intentional, and meant to show batman wraith-like quiality). TDK got some unfair criticism, couse after Begins fans approached the movie allready thinking that Nolan sucks at fights scenes, even though TDK had some pretty good action sequences (the great previtt building siege scenes, the penthous fight where Batman nicely showcases Keysi).

But still, those moves can be potrayed better, faster, more cinematicaly and I am sure Snyder is the right man for the job.

Last edited by Procrastinator; 09-14-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #35
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
So true ^^
I would honestly be fine if batman doesnt have a legit fight scene.
It would be awesome to just see him quickly grabbing/dragging
enemies into the darkness. (Batman begins did this perfectly imo)
I want him to be a mythical creature! Nobody has actually gotten a good enough loom at him
(Minus some bad guys but theyre too filled with fear to talk about it)
Okay...maybe ive gone a little far..?
Dragging weaker foes away, using Aikido to redirect the force of those who try to defend themselves.

But I do want certain criminals to get a good look at him. So I'd want him to fistfight the people he really hates, so he can make sure they see him in full

Old 09-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #36
matt47
Side-Kick

^just like to add that i absolutly loved the penthouse fight scene.
But it just irritated me when there would be say,10 guys with guns
but they never take a shot...

On the begins fights,i understand what they were going for, but i
Would have liked it if the prison fight and the fight against the league of shadows thugs at the end wasnt
like the one at the docks. The docks fight made sense because it showed how fast and "invisible" batman was in Valconi's eyes(pure badass scene btw)

Old 09-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #37
matt47
Side-Kick

Doh Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Dragging weaker foes away, using Aikido to redirect the force of those who try to defend themselves.

But I do want certain criminals to get a good look at him. So I'd want him to fistfight the people he really hates, so he can make sure they see him in full
I somewhat agree, i would like if they only saw the silouette of this bat-like creature just starring at you as if you saw the slender man watching you from a distance..uhh just scarred myself haha

Old 09-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #38
Procrastinator

But the prison fight scene was nothing like the intentionally "indistinct" action on the docks. At least, not to me. The prison fight was a proper movie brawl. Chaotic, but in a fitting way (it was a brawl after all), and I could make out most of the action.

Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:46 AM   #39
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I actually liked all those quick cuts and shaky cams. They created the illusion of Batman being a complete badass, who is all over the place. Once they started to properly show the action in TDKR, the whole illusion got destroyed. You could actually see his opponents waiting, until he was done with one of their team mates, and then they would attack. And they wouldn't just come at him empty handed, no. They would attack him with guns in hand, and try to hit him. Instead of just taking one step back, taking aim and shooting his ass. And he just appeared slow compared to the first two movies.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #40
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
But the prison fight scene was nothing like the intentionally "indistinct" action on the docks. At least, not to me. The prison fight was a proper movie brawl. Chaotic, but in a fitting way (it was a brawl after all), and I could make out most of the action.
I think a less brutal Ozy seems like the way to go. Primal, but fast, stylized, and intimidating.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #41
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Ideally, it would not matter much as Batman wouldn't be fighting in the movie other than some (very) minor secondary villains, and Superman. In neither case does he need a "style" reminiscent of a basic martial art.

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #42
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

When taking on Superman, he should hang on like a bulldog and not let go. And then brawl like crazy

Old 09-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #43
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
When taking on Superman, he should hang on like a bulldog and not let go. And then brawl like crazy
They should fight as little as possible.

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #44
Project862006
Banned User

fight like jason bourne

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #45
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

They could look to Arrow for some inspiration. I wouldn't want their styles to be exactly the same, though.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #46
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
This.
Yeah this would be great.
Man why can't they make a movie just like that? I love the feel of it

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #47
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

Well, I think he'd avoid being in a situation like that. But, I'd love it if he went all DBZ on someone...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #48
lincoln
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Well, I think he'd avoid being in a situation like that. But, I'd love it if he went all DBZ on someone...

I thing that Wing Chun chain punching would be almost impossible with Batman's clawed forearms..

lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #49
DarkSentinel
9/8/14 - End of an Era

I hope they take a lot of inspiration from the Arkham games. That's just pure Batman in terms of physicality.

Always.
*T*
DarkSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #50
hafizbat
Side-Kick

On the topic of the use of slow motion, I think it was used properly in The Avengers. Take this scene as an example, the opening shot of Cap and Thor catching their weapons simultaneously in slow motion was a nice touch, but slow motion was used only once or twice throughout the movie.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by hafizbat; 09-14-2013 at 02:13 PM.
hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote