The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 09-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #76
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: This Franchise Needs a Reboot Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Rogue was actually very accurate to the comics, just wasn't the most popular incarnation of the character.
I've seen you say this a few times. Out of curiosity what version of the comics are you talking about? Post X1?

Her personality is completely changed for the most part and mixed with other X Girls. Rogue's a character who will punch your ass out without thinking twice, then say some fiesty southern quip to rub it in your face. She would put her life on the line to save any X-Men but all we get to see her do is watch her be saved, kidnapped or walk away. She would have done the kidnapping in her early days. In the films, she's more like a tag along then a real X-Men. Kitty's got more fight and bite to her.

They got the kissing thing right, and they def showed how her powers could be a curse. But Personality wise, closest they have is in X2 on the Jet when she gets pissed at Magneto's comment. Not saying people can't like the film version, but I can't see at all how she is "very accurate" when they ditched her personality and pretty much who she is to the X-Men.

Last edited by def28; 09-16-2013 at 08:03 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #77
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Yawn... A reboot isn't gonna happen for years and it shouldn't. There's very little that can't be achieved with the cast assembled now, and it would be foolish to flush all of the good things away for a clean slate.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #78
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Well, we don't know yet what exactly DoFP will leave us with at the end so it's too early to dismiss any notion of any rebooting.

Also, I don't think there was anything wrong with Super Jim's list as a reminder of the core values of these characters. We have had some big screw-ups along the way (Deadpool, for instance) where the studio clearly thought they weren't doing anything wrong.

While some films seem to be able to get away with taking massive liberties (like Mandarin in Iron Man 3), it's a good thing to keep in mind the original material.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #79
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Th Wink Re: This Franchise Needs a Reboot Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, we don't know yet what exactly DoFP will leave us with at the end so it's too early to dismiss any notion of any rebooting.

Also, I don't think there was anything wrong with Super Jim's list as a reminder of the core values of these characters. We have had some big screw-ups along the way (Deadpool, for instance) where the studio clearly thought they weren't doing anything wrong.

While some films seem to be able to get away with taking massive liberties (like Mandarin in Iron Man 3), it's a good thing to keep in mind the original material.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #80
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I've seen you say this a few times. Out of curiosity what version of the comics are you talking about? Post X1?

Her personality is completely changed for the most part and mixed with other X Girls. Rogue's a character who will punch your ass out without thinking twice, then say some fiesty southern quip to rub it in your face. She would put her life on the line to save any X-Men but all we get to see her do is watch her be saved, kidnapped or walk away. She would have done the kidnapping in her early days. In the films, she's more like a tag along then a real X-Men. Kitty's got more fight and bite to her.

They got the kissing thing right, and they def showed how her powers could be a curse. But Personality wise, closest they have is in X2 on the Jet when she gets pissed at Magneto's comment. Not saying people can't like the film version, but I can't see at all how she is "very accurate" when they ditched her personality and pretty much who she is to the X-Men.
Quoted for truth, im not sure how she was "very accurate" either I thought she was very different from her comic counterpart with a few similarities which you have mentioned.

Storm #3-September 24 2014-Please support our Goddess
BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #81
smallville fan
Hero

Regarding recasting roles like Magneto and Xavier we can keep James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender who'll pretty much grow into those roles yes?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #82
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

For me, they will always be the "younger version" of Prof X and Magneto.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote