The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 08-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
It's probably Hawkeye. He has the most useless skillset of any Avenger and he'll never get his own solo film. I'd bank on a Black Widow or War Machine film before Hawkeye gets one. Joss is probably going to flesh him out, make him likable and then get him killed by Ultron which will resolve the love triangle with Cap and Black Widow.
Yes, the master assassin who can hit any target with anything & could be used for infiltration missions is completely useless; & said character totally doesn't have a critically acclaimed comic series going on right now that could be used for a movie or show.

As for killing characters off, if Marvel wants the MCU to go on forever like the comics or James Bond, they need to avoid killing characters. If not, then we end up with a MCU with villains & heroes created for the movies because all of the other characters died. At most they should kill Nick Fury in Avengers 2 & Odin in Avengers 3 (by Thanos).

Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #27
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Yes, the master assassin who can hit any target with anything & could be used for infiltration missions is completely useless; & said character totally doesn't have a critically acclaimed comic series going on right now that could be used for a movie or show.
).
No matter how accurate Hawkeye is, he's always going to seem out of place in a group of characters with super powers and super tech, much like Green Arrow and the JLA. He was a waste of time in Avengers. His spot would have been better utilized with War Machine or by introducing another character previously and using that one.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #28
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I could use the argument of "It's not about the powers, it's about their character/personality"... But we haven't gotten to see enough of Hawkeye yet for his snarky personality to shine.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #29
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Well according to the casting notices, BW and HE will have crucial role in A2

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #30
gkokujin
Side-Kick

please be Black Widow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #31
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

I hope no one dies, at least nobody important.

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #32
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

I don't know why so many people expect/insist/hope that somebody has to die.The comics go on forever without certain characters dying.And as been pointed out countless times,they have every intention of recasting once RDJ,Evans,Hemsworth,Etc have called it a day.

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #33
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I don't know why so many people expect/insist/hope that somebody has to die.The comics go on forever without certain characters dying.And as been pointed out countless times,they have every intention of recasting once RDJ,Evans,Hemsworth,Etc have called it a day.
You can recast all you want, but when you have an actual timeline, eventually time is going to catch up with them. This isn't the comic book world. They're films. The timeline of the MCU follows pretty closely to real time. Do you really expect them to keep making MCU movies into the 2040s when Stark would be in his 70s? This also isn't The Simpsons. You can't have Stark be 40 (ish) for 25 years.

Three, MAYBE four phases, end it, do something new and fresh a few years after it ends.

The MCU is Earth-199999. I'd say every 15 years or so, do a new film universe, all new stories, actors, some different characters, everything.

Just my opinion though.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #34
Nathan

I wouldn't mind to see Thor die. He can always be brought back through some magic mumbo jumbo.

Old 09-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #35
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I wouldn't mind to see Thor die. He can always be brought back through some magic mumbo jumbo.
That's got Joss Whedon written all over it.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #36
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

One does not simply kill The God of Thunder

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #37
Loki882
Side-Kick

Do people still make the whole "they shouldn't be on the team because they don't have powers" argument? That's the point of a team, you have badass normal interacting with superpowered beings. Having everyone have powers would be boring.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #38
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
One does not simply kill The God of Thunder
I don't know why not, when there are a bunch or Thor-lite replacements waiting in the wings. They could bring in Beta Ray Bill, Eric whatisname and who knows who else to wield Mjolnir, just like the comics. Since Thor has so many potential successors it makes more sense to kill him off after Hemsworth's contract ends than any other Avenger.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #39
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Or they could just not, because it'd be a dumb idea. They've already said they will do recasting when it comes to it; why is this such a hard idea to accept?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #40
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Aye, the God of Thunder isnīt being killed off.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #41
Nathan

I'm only suggesting Thor, because there are a lot more ways to bring him back, without it seeming far fetched. And I think it'd up the stakes, if you see one of the Avenger's big guns going down.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #42
Donut
Side-Kick

I like the send the Hulk in space & on top of it have the bad guy do it. Get rid of one of The Avengers big guns without killing him & they are potentially screwed either way. The Hulk seems easiest for the Han Solo route without actually killing anybody & he gets his own franchise before returning & in The Avengers 3 it gives them a chance with someone new

Last edited by Donut; 09-16-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #43
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Hulk is hungry and eats the Avengers

Old 09-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #44
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
You can recast all you want, but when you have an actual timeline, eventually time is going to catch up with them. This isn't the comic book world. They're films. The timeline of the MCU follows pretty closely to real time. Do you really expect them to keep making MCU movies into the 2040s when Stark would be in his 70s? This also isn't The Simpsons. You can't have Stark be 40 (ish) for 25 years.

Three, MAYBE four phases, end it, do something new and fresh a few years after it ends.

The MCU is Earth-199999. I'd say every 15 years or so, do a new film universe, all new stories, actors, some different characters, everything.

Just my opinion though.
Why not?It works in the comics,it worked for james bond.I like the idea of a series where things aren't rebooted every 7-10 years.

Again,they already have plans to recast,so there's no real discussion to begin with.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #45
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
I'm only suggesting Thor, because there are a lot more ways to bring him back, without it seeming far fetched. And I think it'd up the stakes, if you see one of the Avenger's big guns going down.
Problem is Thor was already "killed" in his own movie.I doubt they'll go back to that.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #46
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

For some reason, I could see Natasha or Fury dying.

Especially Fury.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #47
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I wouldn't care to see anyone die. Especially since they would most likely bring em back later on. That being done to Coulson was enough.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #48
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
For some reason, I could see Natasha or Fury dying.

Especially Fury.
Fury caught in his own web of lies

Old 09-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #49
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Also, a lot of fans want to see the rotted goat Beta Ray Bill. So killing Thor, however temporarily, will be a chance to give them their wish. Then, when they see the full horror of it, they'll be anxious to have the true Asgardian back in his franchise. It worked in the comics (somewhat).

TBH, I suggest Thor because I'm tired of seeing anyone suggested for sacrifice because certain people feel they're disposable. Thor actually has been deposed from his own series in the comics, more than once and by more than one other imposter. It's no more out of the realm of possibility for Thor to die and be replaced than any other Avenger.

Yet I don't want him or anyone else on the team to die, especially not to make room for another character. It simply is not necessary when their absences can be explained in logical ways. Deaths are not needed to "prove the threat is serious," either. If that were the case I'd expect a major character to die in every action movie or episode of a crime drama. Putting characters in meaningful, believable peril and then having them fight their way out of it is a way to up the stakes. Killing off supporting characters and civilians or causing mass destruction is another.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #50
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Problem is Thor was already "killed" in his own movie.I doubt they'll go back to that.
This. And he died several times in the comics, too. It's getting boring. If they bring him back again Thor's death will have no impact to the audience. It's more like "Who cares, he will be back."

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote