The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Misc. Comics

Old 09-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
BillPardy
Side-Kick

Default Looking for Indi book replacements.

I've had this idea for a while now, where I give up on Marvel and DC books for a year, and just read Indi titles, but I want to find books that kind of reflect or are comparable in tone or content to what I currently read. So i was wondering if anyone could pick a a couple of indi titles that are similar to the following books:

Wolverine and the X-men
Uncanny Avengers
Indestructible Hulk
Daredevil
New Avengers

BillPardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #2
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Looking for Indi book replacements.

Hmmm. Kinda tough to recomend on tone since those books are all very mainstream superherobooks and all over the place.

Maybe Jupiters Legacy or Invincible? If you want something still superhero oriented.

If you like Remender's writing from Uncanny Avengers, I recommend checking out Fear Agent. It's far out pulpy Sci Fi and all kinds of awesome.

Lot of Image books I definitely recommend checking out. Saga and East Of West are great. Right now I'm digging Lazarus and Satalite Sam alot. They are just getting started. Morning Glories has always been a favorite of mine.

Don't know if that helps but there are def alot of great Image titles at the moment.

Last edited by def28; 09-09-2013 at 05:54 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
Cosmic
Theosophist

Default Re: Looking for Indi book replacements.

Def28 is right. Fear Agent was outstanding. It will pull you in and keep you coming back with its constant surprises and story/character developments. Also, great art and a ton of action.

Check out some Valiant stuff...Shadowman, X-O Manowar, Eternal Warrior are all good.

And maybe not quite what you're looking for, but Matt Fraction's run on Immortal Iron Fist was rather unique and brought the total package of top quality art & writing with every issue. It was so good, it made me a fan and monthly subscriber to a character I'd ignored for years.

Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote