The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Old 09-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #226
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Got around to finally watching the first 2 episodes, I was annoyed and came away with strong hatred for Man of Action, Joe, and Jeph. ugh

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1936-9586-3562
dodgers2213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #227
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgers2213 View Post
Got around to finally watching the first 2 episodes, I was annoyed and came away with strong hatred for Man of Action, Joe, and Jeph. ugh
It's ok we just have to be patient till Marvel becomes serious and Mature again. At least we have batman and soon legend of Korra back

Last edited by bigdaddy313; 09-10-2013 at 08:17 PM.
bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #228
THUNDERSTRIKE
PUNKIN' IT WIT DAT AJ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgers2213 View Post
I've had that same feeling for that bunch for well over a year now... imo, they're just pure poison for Marvel's animated department...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zenhnc Dee'Ya, the unstable B***hQueen, and
El-Yha, her kiss-ass and Sleez, her ancient and savage Over
Seer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travellers that gather within the halls of her Castle at Rotting Hill.

T-YA'LYZ
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #229
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

I stumbled across this show on tv last night and hated it. The voices and dialogue were awful, the action wasn't very good, and the editing was godawful with the aspect ratio constantly changing between shots. That got old in a hurry.

Saw two episodes and they will almost certainly be my last. I just thought I should come here to voice my opinion.

For comparison, I really enjoyed Earth's Mightiest Heroes even though it kind of petered out towards the end after the Skrull Invasion storyline.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #230
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

New episode this weekend was awesome. Loved the fight with Attuma.

Hulk kind of getting humbled and then saving the city was inspiring stuff.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #231
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I stumbled across this show on tv last night and hated it. The voices and dialogue were awful, the action wasn't very good, and the editing was godawful with the aspect ratio constantly changing between shots. That got old in a hurry.

Saw two episodes and they will almost certainly be my last. I just thought I should come here to voice my opinion.

For comparison, I really enjoyed Earth's Mightiest Heroes even though it kind of petered out towards the end after the Skrull Invasion storyline.
I don't think the voice actors for AA are the problem - I think it's the writing more than anything else, which feels like it's still stuck in the 80s/GI Joe era.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #232
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
New episode this weekend was awesome. Loved the fight with Attuma.

Hulk kind of getting humbled and then saving the city was inspiring stuff.
It was nice to see Hulk finally doing something on AA other than just smashing. I got the sense that Attuma's initial "defeat" of Hulk was just misdirection by the Green Goliath to be the hero instead of just winning a fist fight.

It was nice to see Hulk actually control himself for once and not go after his teammates. That device is waaaay overused at this point.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #233
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Get back on topic please...

Old 09-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #234
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
It was nice to see Hulk finally doing something on AA other than just smashing. I got the sense that Attuma's initial "defeat" of Hulk was just misdirection by the Green Goliath to be the hero instead of just winning a fist fight.

It was nice to see Hulk actually control himself for once and not go after his teammates. That device is waaaay overused at this point.
True, I agree with there the lesson Hulk learned in this episode was inspiring. However I'm about tired of Marvel being so heavy handed with Hulk being the strongest member.

It's almost as if it's pretty much said or hinted at almost every episode, the other members aren't exactly "pushovers".

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #235
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Because "Hulk is the strongest there is!"

I mean I think World War Hulk firmly established that there's really no beating the Hulk.

- CM Punk
Old 09-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #236
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
True, I agree with there the lesson Hulk learned in this episode was inspiring. However I'm about tired of Marvel being so heavy handed with Hulk being the strongest member.

It's almost as if it's pretty much said or hinted at almost every episode, the other members aren't exactly "pushovers".
I knew you will have a problem with the episode especially concerning Thor. I know Thor is more powerful than Attuma.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #237
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:

I mean I think World War Hulk firmly established that there's really no beating the Hulk.
I'm fine with that, but after The Avengers, A:EMH, and the first few episodes of A:A it's starting to be run into the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
I knew you will have a problem with the episode especially concerning Thor. I know Thor is more powerful than Attuma.
Not just Thor, even IM should be able to go toe to toe with Attuma I'm not a fan of depowering heroes to empower another.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #238
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Not just Thor, even IM should be able to go toe to toe with Attuma I'm not a fan of depowering heroes to empower another.
That's very true about depowering or over powering to a certain extent, I felt that the invasion was underwhelming, the waves didn't even cause buildings to destroy, even when the shield that IM and Falcon made slowed down it's momentum, it doesn't make a difference.

There was no real motivation from the villain except being generic trying to conquer the surface world with no reason other than the plot says so.

When I read about the plot back then adding to the fact with Marvel talking about epic scale and with the army of Attuma, I thought we will have a big one that will involve the US Navy and S.H.E.I.L.D for a big epic confrontation.

It felt like the cramped two episodes into one, removing any space for character growth from both sides to make it more interesting with dept. Instead it's all action with little to no substance.

I was very disappointed with the fight between the big guns especially concerning Thor, that they even made Hulk have to become the World Breaker to beat Attuma, like seriously LOL.

Worst episode so far, even when I felt for the Hulk to an extent and the animation was OMG terrible in many places. It is definitely not complete, they still needed time to iron things out.

Last edited by bigdaddy313; 09-17-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #239
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
That's very true about depowering or over powering to a certain extent, I felt that the invasion was underwhelming, the waves didn't even cause buildings to destroy, even when the shield that IM and Falcon made slowed down it's momentum, it doesn't make a difference.

There was no real motivation from the villain except being generic trying to conquer the surface world with no reason other than the plot says so.

When I read about the plot back then adding to the fact with Marvel talking about epic scale and with the army of Attuma, I thought we will have a big one that will involve the US Navy and S.H.E.I.L.D for a big epic confrontation.

It felt like the cramped two episodes into one, removing any space for character growth from both sides to make it more interesting with dept. Instead it's all action with little to no substance.

I was very disappointed with the fight between the big guns especially concerning Thor, that they even made Hulk have to become the World Breaker to beat Attuma, like seriously LOL.

Worst episode so far, even when I felt for the Hulk to an extent and the animation was OMG terrible in many places. It is definitely not complete, they still needed time to iron things out.
I agree except for this being the worse episode, but I feel the same way you do about everything else.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #240
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:

well not as long as characters are suddenly not near as powerful as they were before since they can't have hulk lose

Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #241
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
well not as long as characters are suddenly not near as powerful as they were before since they can't have hulk lose
This happens so often, characters who on paper are more powerful than Hulk are depowered whenever the go up against him.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #242
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The use and characterizations on this show of ALL the team is just shoddy. Hyperion is shown to be a power house of epic ability, but then Cap can knock him down with a football tackle? Sorry. Attuma is smacking around the team (while overall looking terrible doing so), which includes Thor and Hulk? What? Widow and Hawkeye have stupid and pretty petty argument while there is a situation that demands total focus going on? Why? This thing is just sad at this point. You'd think that at least the design and animation would be a strong point but this show, regardless of the effort put into it which seems minimal, looks bad. Very very bad.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #243
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Doesn't seem much different then tons of other superhero cartoons where the power battles come off as unbalanced.

For example, in World's Finest, how is Batman able to fling Superman at all across the room with a flick of the wrist? That shouldn't even be possible.

- CM Punk
Old 09-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #244
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Doesn't seem much different then tons of other superhero cartoons where the power battles come off as unbalanced.

For example, in World's Finest, how is Batman able to fling Superman at all across the room with a flick of the wrist? That shouldn't even be possible.

You are 100000000000% correct. It was stupid when Timm and Co. did it and the presentation of powers and skills on AA fall to the same level of stupidity.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:13 AM   #245
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Comics will always be like that.

- CM Punk
Old 09-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #246
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The use and characterizations on this show of ALL the team is just shoddy. Hyperion is shown to be a power house of epic ability, but then Cap can knock him down with a football tackle? Sorry. Attuma is smacking around the team (while overall looking terrible doing so), which includes Thor and Hulk? What? Widow and Hawkeye have stupid and pretty petty argument while there is a situation that demands total focus going on? Why? This thing is just sad at this point. You'd think that at least the design and animation would be a strong point but this show, regardless of the effort put into it which seems minimal, looks bad. Very very bad.
Trust me when it comes to this kind of situations you have just described, there is really no point, the show will never change, it will always be very inconsistent just for the sake of entertainment.

And yes the animation needs Jesus and God combined lol, it's just not finished, I don't think this was the final piece, it's the rewrite and time schedule that interrupted the animation quality.

Look at the first poster with all the colors, shadow and lighting effects that looked like Young Justice quality compare to the crap we got at the end.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #247
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I liked the one today with Loki and how it really showed him playing all the sides. I admit some of the stuff does still make me cringe.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #248
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Great episode this week. We found out what happened to Doom. Like that he basically went to hell and ran the place in a month. Also tamed the Midgard Serpent. Why don't he? He's Dr. Doom.

- CM Punk
Old 09-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #249
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

This weeks episode was pretty good, Loki and Doctor Doom impressed me quite a bit actually. I was very happy with how The Destroyer displayed, he was swatting away The Avengers like flies.

Loki teleporting from Hulk multiple times while continuing his conversation is how I would've like their "scuffle" to go down in TA.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #250
Jordacar
The Endless One

Why did Loki have the scepter from the movie? What kind of sense does that make?

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is online now   Reply With Quote