The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #751
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Did anyone else not see this?? It's ****ing awesome.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Kelly; 09-16-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #752
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Did anyone else not see this?? It's f*@king awesome.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Haha The Awesomeness! You sir, made my day.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #753
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Fury Sr. is still around but supposedly the Infinity Formula that slowed his aging has worn off and he can't get more. That's an excuse to retire him in favor of Fury Jr. But if you think about how old Fury would really be, it does make sense. Steve will be 100 in five years and Fury is at least a decade older than him.

Fury Jr. is a SHIELD agent working with Phil Coulson and the Secret Avengers.
...ugh

this turns my stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #754
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Did anyone else not see this?? It's f*@king awesome.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Awesome! Marvel was foolish to cancel EMH imo.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 09-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #755
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Blame Loeb, and the cartoon industry.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #756
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden View Post
awesome! Marvel was foolish to cancel emh imo let jeph loeb near emh.
ftfy

Old 09-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #757
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
ftfy
Truth.

That intro with the EMH theme song... *sniff* Perfect.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #758
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Blame Loeb, and the cartoon industry.
Cartoon industry is mostly fine, we had and have shows that are pushing the boundaries of what the american industry can do with their cartoons, such as Legend of Korra, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and many more. And the Asian cartoon industry is Basically the same as before, full of great, good and bad cartoons.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #759
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Cartoon industry is mostly fine, we had and have shows that are pushing the boundaries of what the american industry can do with their cartoons, such as Legend of Korra, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and many more. And the Asian cartoon industry is Basically the same as before, full of great, good and bad cartoons.
I am specifically referring to the American cartoon industry, and its business model that is actively hostile towards crossover appeal. They want 100% kids, and if they don't get that they don't care what they do get.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #760
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Oh, how I miss Avengers EMH . Best portrayal of the Avengers so far IMO. Dare I say it was even better than the movie. And that is saying a lot since the movie was fantastic.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #761
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Oh, how I miss Avengers EMH . Best portrayal of the Avengers so far IMO. Dare I say it was even better than the movie. And that is saying a lot since the movie was fantastic.
There were definitely some things better.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #762
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I am specifically referring to the American cartoon industry, and its business model that is actively hostile towards crossover appeal. They want 100% kids, and if they don't get that they don't care what they do get.
That was exactly the reason Loeb and DisneyXD ****canned EMH in favor of dumbed-down fare. Although the network and its lackeys claimed that Ultimate Spider-Man had higher ratings than EMH, that was only true of the 2-8 year old group. EMH's overall ratings were the highest of the network's cartoons, despite what the network and a few online shills said. They don't really want adults watching their shows. Loeb worked to dismantle everything fans liked about EMH in its second season, hoping to make the show simpler to appeal to the youngest viewers. And then, of course, he canceled it in favor of Avengers Assemble.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #763
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That was exactly the reason Loeb and DisneyXD ****canned EMH in favor of dumbed-down fare. Although the network and its lackeys claimed that Ultimate Spider-Man had higher ratings than EMH, that was only true of the 2-8 year old group. EMH's overall ratings were the highest of the network's cartoons, despite what the network and a few online shills said. They don't really want adults watching their shows. Loeb worked to dismantle everything fans liked about EMH in its second season, hoping to make the show simpler to appeal to the youngest viewers. And then, of course, he canceled it in favor of Avengers Assemble.
I was hoping that after Disney's acquisition, Marvel's animation studio would improve as a result. But mindset like this can only be counter-productive to the quality of their animated series. I'm not saying that they can ever be hoped to make a cartoon as compelling as B:TAS, but their handling of EMH shows that their ambition is as small as the demographics they're trying to target on Disney DX.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 09-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #764
marcvader
Lurker #1

I hope that one day we can get the truth about what really happened with EMH. That show was head and sholders better than any other cartoon then and now Marvel related.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #765
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I'm getting angry all over again!

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #766
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Plus the guy voicing Stark was WAY better than Adrian Pasdar, he sounded exactly like RDJ

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #767
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did anyone else not see this?? It's ****ing awesome.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
holy crap this is awesome....
The Batman version is great too

Watched the 5 first episodes of EMH by accident the other day lol (never watched that show before); nothing was on, I was just zapping

It was pretty cool to see Pym building Ultron's hermet while talking to Janet, he didnt know what was coming lol

Old 09-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #768
thalidomide
The Enemy

EMH doesn't deserved to be cancelled.

Old 09-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #769
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
EMH doesn't deserved to be cancelled.
QFT

So sad, it was a great series.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #770
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

EMH would have been so awesome in a third season. They would have brought in the X-Men like they had brought in the FF, and then you woulda had all that madness, Beast on the team, AvX, oh man, it would have been awesome!

Old 09-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #771
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah Justice League first season, Young Justice, EMH all were awesome.

Justice League season 1 came out a long time ago and I really like it so I have to say itīs better than EMH.

They guy voicing Ultron was awesome and he who made the voice for IM had the perfect RDJ voice for it!!!!! Agreeeeed!

I miss the Hulk-Thor and Hawkeye dynamic in the new Avengers Assemble. Seriously, itīs not nearly as good as EMH

Hulk and the agents of smash is better though. Itīs probably because itīs so different from the other series + Itīs also funny and the villains are great

Iīm really dissapointed in the intro of both Avengers Assemble and Agents of Smash. Why canīt they do as good intros as in Justice League 1, 2 and EMH?

Old 09-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #772
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I know I'm probably the only one holding this opinion, but I loved every Avenger's voice actor except for Iron Man's. The guy had a line now and then where he sounded exactly like RDJ but most of the time, his voice came off as a whiny version of RDJ's voice to me. I got used to it eventually but I still think he was miscast. They should have got a better RDJ impersonator or someone who can do a different voice altogether IMO.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #773
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

No Pepper Potts!

http://screencrush.com/the-avengers-...yneth-paltrow/

Old 09-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #774
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know I'm probably the only one holding this opinion, but I loved every Avenger's voice actor except for Iron Man's. The guy had a line now and then where he sounded exactly like RDJ but most of the time, his voice came off as a whiny version of RDJ's voice to me. I got used to it eventually but I still think he was miscast. They should have got a better RDJ impersonator or someone who can do a different voice altogether IMO.
I wasn't a big fan of that guy either. or the godawful voiceover they put over the theme song/intro in season 2.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #775
marcvader
Lurker #1

The guy sounded like Jack Black doing Stark to me at times.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Closed Thread