The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 09-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #51
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Who dies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
This. And he died several times in the comics, too. It's getting boring. If they bring him back again Thor's death will have no impact to the audience. It's more like "Who cares, he will be back."
I agree, they can't kill anyone that will have another solo movie. That just makes the death meaningless. If anything they should really try to get the most out of those characters since they do more to carry the MCU than those that don't have them.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #52
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Why not?It works in the comics,it worked for james bond.I like the idea of a series where things aren't rebooted every 7-10 years.

Again,they already have plans to recast,so there's no real discussion to begin with.
Plus they can be creative with the timeline...sure each phase takes like 3.5 years but they can all take place in the same year MCU time

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #53
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Plus they can be creative with the timeline...sure each phase takes like 3.5 years but they can all take place in the same year MCU time

This. Odds are, nobody of the main 5 is going to PERMANENTLY die. Even Coulson got brought back. That said, I certainly can see Hawkeye die at the end of the movie where he and Cap have this rivalry over Black Widow... then Hawkeye dies to save Cap.

That being said, here are the other characters who I see as expendable

Thunderbolt Ross/Red Hulk
Nick Fury
Happy Hogan
Pepper Potts
Quicksilver
Jane Foster
Sif
Winter Soldier

Then Avengers 3 is going to be the curb stomp. That's where Thanos kills everybody over the course of the film.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #54
Rowsdower!
Zoom Zoom Zoom

I would say Hawkeye, but then I remembered that he's not really a character.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #55
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Captain America imo

- In one of the the animated series (Young Avengers?), Ultron wants to kill his son, because Steve inspired the Avengers

- In Avengers Age of Ultron, I think Ultron wants to kill Steve first for the same reason; then Steve will make the sacrifice play that will allow Scarlet Witch to kill Ultron.

He will lay down. She will cut the wire.
I think the scene would go like this : " you want to kill me ? then do it !!!!! "

Last edited by Just_Human; 09-25-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Just_Human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #56
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

I can't see any of the major Avengers being killed off. But I like the idea of one being "captured" via Han Solo. Iron Man? That is who I find the most likely. Him or Captain America.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #57
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

You guys really expect RDJ, Evans, or Hemms to die when they are under contract for more films? In Cap and Thor's cases, they haven't even reached film 3 yet. The big 3 are signed on through Avengers 3. All 3 still have to earn Marvel more BO money for Avengers, and in the case of Evans and Hemms, profits off the conclusions of their solo trilogies. None of them will die. Heck, I don't even think Hulk will die given he was the break out character of A1 (and likely destined for a sequel in phase 3).

The only ones they might kill are the ones who are not established franchise heroes. This leaves Black Widow or Hawkeye (in regard to established Avengers), and possibly Fury as far as important side characters. Let's also not forget about Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver. If they include Vision in the movie, then perhaps it is the death of Wanda or Pietro that inspires his treachery.

But seriously, anyone predicting Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, or Hulk to die...I don't see any series of events that leads to that happening in A2.

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 10-18-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #58
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
You guys really expect RDJ, Evans, or Hemms to die when they are under contract for more films? In Cap and Thor's cases, they haven't even reached film 3 yet. The big 3 are signed on through Avengers 3. All 3 still have to earn Marvel more BO money for Avengers, and in the case of Evans and Hemms, profits off the conclusions of their solo trilogies. None of them will die. Heck, I don't even think Hulk will die given he was the break out character of A1 (and likely destined for a sequel in phase 3).

The only ones they might kill are the ones who are not established franchise heroes. This leaves Black Widow or Hawkeye (in regard to established Avengers), and possibly Fury as far as important side characters. Let's also not forget about Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver. If they include Vision in the movie, then perhaps it is the death or Wanda or Pietro that inspires his treachery.

But seriously, anyone predicting Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, or Hulk to die...I don't see any series of events that leads to that happening in A2.
I agree with everything you say. I could see Stark and maybe Rogers dying at the end of A3, but not yet. Stark killed by Thanos, Rogers sacrifices himself, Thor ultimately kills Thanos, but is wounded (perhaps losing his eye, like Odin). This leaves us with no Iron Man, but would leave the door open for Bucky to take the Captain America title, Thor to "retire" from battle and rule Asgard as Odin did, Banner possibly being cured.

Or if Stark doesn't die, he becomes the leader of SHIELD, which would leave the opportunity for RDJ to just serve as a voice actor in any future movies, if the MCU continues. Or get a similar-sounding voice actor to be the equivalent of Charlie in Charlie's Angels.

The only way I could see them killing Stark in A:AOU is if they're planning to have Pym take of the role of the "brains" of the Avengers and going on without an Iron Man.

Just brainstorms. Bottom line, I don't think any of the big four will die until, at the earliest, mid-way through A3. The rest (BW, HE, Fury, QS, SW, etc.) are on the table.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #59
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

They don't seem to have the slightest idea how to make Hulk work as a solo franchise, so maybe they'll Han Solo him until A3.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:00 AM   #60
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

The only thing wrong with the "Han Solo-ing a character" suggestion is that Whedon hated the ending of Empire and doesn't think movies should end like that.

So, no cliffhanger ending I guess.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #61
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
The only thing wrong with the "Han Solo-ing a character" suggestion is that Whedon hated the ending of Empire and doesn't think movies should end like that.

So, no cliffhanger ending I guess.
He was teasing us over Empire. The movie will have a similar ending.

Read this article:
http://whatculture.com/film/avengers...ie-mean.php/11

AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #62
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I still think anyone expecting any of the big 3 to die (like this article says in regard to negotiations betweem Evans and Hemms being heated) is crazy. They'll recast before they even consider killing them.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #63
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
They don't seem to have the slightest idea how to make Hulk work as a solo franchise, so maybe they'll Han Solo him until A3.
Feige recently hinted that a hulk sequel is one if his favorite choices along with doc strange to announce this spring for the 2016 phase 3 line up.
I read an old article that rumored they could go the indestructible route for hulk which would be awesome imo.

As far as someone dying I really dont think we'll get any major deaths. If any I suspect nick fury. But I still doubt that.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #64
O_B_Juan
Your only hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
I agree. Just substitute Tony Stark for Han Solo.

O_B_Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #65
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Or, he really didnt like the ending of Empire , he wouldnt be the first .

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #66
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:

Read this article:
http://whatculture.com/film/avengers...ie-mean.php/11
Why is Iron Man number one? People seem to keep forgetting RDJ recently signed a contract to appear in Avengers 2 and 3.

Ugh.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #67
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Iron Man can die in Avengers 2 and come back to life in Avengers 3. He can do this one of two ways:

1. Tony Stark creates Ultron, who tries to destroy humanity. Embarrassed by this, Tony decides to fake his death in order to avoid public scrutiny. A remote-controlled Iron Man blows up, and the announcement is made that Tony Stark is dead. Tony will continue to live in seclusion and provide behind-the-scenes assistance to the Avengers. He later returns to life in the third film.

2. Iron Man appears to die in the finale of the film. The Avengers believe him dead. At the end, it is revealed that Iron Man is being held prisoner in space by Thanos. The Avengers have to rescue him in the third film.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #68
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

No thanks

Old 10-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #69
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Does anyone really think Marvel wants to lose potential money makers in Thor 3 or Cap 3 (and possible Hulk sequel) or that Marvel wants to rob the audience of the main 4 Avengers fighting Thanos in Avengers 3? Especially if it is Infinity Gauntlet based? More over, why would Whedon not want Cap, Thor, IM, or Hulk in THAT movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Feige recently hinted that a hulk sequel is one if his favorite choices along with doc strange to announce this spring for the 2016 phase 3 line up.
I read an old article that rumored they could go the indestructible route for hulk which would be awesome imo.
When did he say this? Possible linkage?

Old 10-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #70
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Does anyone really think Marvel wants to lose potential money makers in Thor 3 or Cap 3 (and possible Hulk sequel) or that Marvel wants to rob the audience of the main 4 Avengers fighting Thanos in Avengers 3? Especially if it is Infinity Gauntlet based? More over, why would Whedon not want Cap, Thor, IM, or Hulk in THAT movie?

It's in Empire Magazine, vartha posted a scan of it over in the Avengers: AoU thread. If you look it's in the bottom right corner.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #71
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I think that is an odd place to go considering the Avengers kind of were shown to need to be seperate from SHIELD, yet likely Cap and Hulk may be working with/for them. Interesting place to go with it. I just hope they use the Leader, as promised from TIH!!!

Old 10-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #72
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

This is what I don't understand. The Avengers and its individual franchises are making Marvel billions of dollars. The studio isn't going to throw all that potential revenue away on a needless plot point by killing off one of its major characters. Not only that, but Disney would have something to say about that as well.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #73
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

You kill off a major character to make millions, and then you bring them back to life in order to make millions more.

The Hulk's death could involve exile into space or another dimension, and then you would have him fight his way back to Earth. Millions made.
Cap's death would lead to his replacement by the Winter Soldier. New Cap leads to more millions made.
Thor's death would put him in the Asgardian afterlife. Hela would be introduced at this point. Thor would then escape from the afterlife in his next movie.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #74
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
You kill off a major character to make millions, and then you bring them back to life in order to make millions more.

The Hulk's death could involve exile into space or another dimension, and then you would have him fight his way back to Earth. Millions made.
Cap's death would lead to his replacement by the Winter Soldier. New Cap leads to more millions made.
Thor's death would put him in the Asgardian afterlife. Hela would be introduced at this point. Thor would then escape from the afterlife in his next movie.
I get what you're saying here but it's too high risk for a movie franchise on such a large scale as this. Joss also has been noted for saying that The Empire Strikes Back ending, which follows a fairly similar thematic course to what you've described, was inconclusive. For him, each movie has to wrap things up, concluding itself irrespective of sequels.

I also don't think there will be an Asgardian afterlife in the movies - they're aliens in the MCU

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #75
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I think it'll be Hawkeye.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote