The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #801
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Basically until you get an actor with as much charisma as RDJ who can actually make the character their own, they will keep throwing money at Iron Man and IM related media.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #802
DrDoom
Dictator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Fact 8: Marvel have some fun in the end credits by extending them to a full 10 minutes, knowing that fans will stick around for a post-credit scene. They even filled some of the time printing names such as Gwyneth Waltrow.
sorry but this was a DICK move

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #803
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

But funny.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #804
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

That is a dick move.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #805
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
But funny.
Only Marvel thought it was funny

Now THAT is funny :

Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #806
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

That's hilarious, it's like they went, "Well, we probably already pissed some people off with the Mandarin thing so we might as well just twist the knife a little more." The fact that it upsets people just makes it funnier to me.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #807
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
If she still had Extremis, which she doesnt
That can be remedied pathetically easily.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #808
Mr. Dent

Quote:
fact 8: Marvel have some fun in the end credits by extending them to a full 10 minutes, knowing that fans will stick around for a post-credit scene. They even filled some of the time printing names such as gwyneth waltrow.
10/10

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #809
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
I don't see why anyone thinks that definitively. All Tony said at the end of the film is that they got Pepper's problem "sorted out." That could mean that they removed the Extremis from her body. It could also mean that they stabilized her powers so they won't make her explode. It was vague enough that it could be interpreted either way in later films. I think that was the idea.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #810
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
The ending was ambiguous, I think deliberately so.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #811
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
The fact that it upsets people just makes it funnier to me.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #812
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Joss helped re-write some scenes for Thor :The Dark World...

Quote:
"Joss came in to save our lives a couple of times," laughs the director. "We had a major scene that was not working on the page at all in London, and he basically got airlifted in, like a SWAT team or something. He came down, rewrote the scene, and before he got back to his plane I sort of grabbed him and said, 'And this scene and this scene?' And he rewrote two other scenes that I thought had problems. Then finally we let go of him, he took off again, and we shot the scenes; and they were just much better and much lighter on their feet. Much more fun, much more surprising than what we had been trying to do. I can relate to guys who come out of the TV world, since that's where I come from. And being able to land and work and solve a problem quikcly... I really was grateful."
Source: Silvermoon http://torrilla.tumblr.com/post/6159...-sfx-issue-240

Old 09-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #813
Lord
All Mighty

I see Joss Whedon knows his characters from inside out, Marvel has really caught their best man for the job, while i was a little disapointed with his work on The Avengers he may be the best thing that happened to the MCU since Kevin Feige and Robert Downey JR

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 09-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #814
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Huh? Nick Fury is black now in the 616 Universe? How did they manage that?

I can understand with Nick Fury Jr, but if the original one who has been white all these years suddenly turns black, that will take some explanation. It's not quite the same as making someone black for a movie adaptation. It's not like in the comics, someone can go up to white Nick Fury and say that there's nothing inherently white about him and then he suddenly turns black. Please explain.
There's a whole story/mini seires on how Coulson and Nick Fury JUNIOR are introduced into the 616 universe called BATTLE SCARS. Hehe Coulson's name however until the LAST issue is CHEESE hahahaha you don't KNOW he's Coulson for sure until then last page.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #815
Loki882
Side-Kick

I have ZERO problem with Coulson being introduced into the comics, I like his character. I don't even have an issue with Fury having a mixed-race son, the man's been around for a century, its not that hard to buy. The big issue that I had was ridiculously contrived it was that he ended up looking EXACTLY like Samuel L. Jackson's Fury.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #816
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I have ZERO problem with Coulson being introduced into the comics, I like his character. I don't even have an issue with Fury having a mixed-race son, the man's been around for a century, its not that hard to buy. The big issue that I had was ridiculously contrived it was that he ended up looking EXACTLY like Samuel L. Jackson's Fury.
Well what's wrong with that? It's not like there is an already existing person in the 616 universe who looks like that. It's like complaining that it was ridiculously contrived how Iron Man's armour in the movies ended up looking exactly like the Adi Granov designs.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #817
Loki882
Side-Kick

The problem was that there was already a Nick Fury in the 616 comics. And it wasn't just having a half-black son, but that he happen to lose the exact same eye as Sam Fury, decides to shave his head and grow a beard like Sam Fury. It was blatantly an attempt to have Sam Fury in the 616, which wasn't necessary, there is already a Sam Fury in the Ultimate Universe. Also, the movies copied the comics armor design, not the other way around.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #818
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The problem was that there was already a Nick Fury in the 616 comics. And it wasn't just having a half-black son, but that he happen to lose the exact same eye as Sam Fury, decides to shave his head and grow a beard like Sam Fury. It was blatantly an attempt to have Sam Fury in the 616, which wasn't necessary, there is already a Sam Fury in the Ultimate Universe. Also, the movies copied the comics armor design, not the other way around.
That's what I said if you reread my post.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 09-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #819
marcvader
Lurker #1

It's fine if the movies copy or are dictated by the comic designs not the other way around.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #820
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

I know Joss Whedon is the god of the geeks but rewriting several scenes in a short space of time worries me.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #821
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

He's a pretty quick guy like that, it is what it is. They flew him in because they were stuck.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #822
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Plus, if they had to have him rewrite some scenes as they were shooting, then it's better that they did so than if they hadn't.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #823
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

I would put Joss Whedon behind Chris Nolan if AoU is as good as the first Avengers.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #824
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I know Joss Whedon is the god of the geeks but rewriting several scenes in a short space of time worries me.
Why?? Some re-writes happen during filming . The first Iron Man is an example. I don't think it's was a major script change or anything like WWZ.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #825
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I would put Joss Whedon behind Chris Nolan if AoU is as good as the first Avengers.
Just give the dog a bone, huh?

Closed Thread