The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 09-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #51
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: Established Catwoman in this movie ?

The contrast between Madison and Lane would be interesting as well.

And it would be fitting to have both Clark and Bruce's initial love interests featured in the first Superman/Batman crossover film.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
Eddie Nashton
Just some nut

heck yeah

Eddie Nashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #53
Dk1201
Side-Kick

agreed

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #54
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Seeing as how I'm increasing finding the Bruce/Selina romance overrated, a view that was cemented with TDKR, I really hope Catwoman is not in this movie or the next Batman solo.

Personally, I think it's time to see an onscreen version of Silver St. Cloud. But, I wouldn't mind seeing Vicki Vale return, or a version of Julie Madison that's actually good.
But it does fit his character to a tee. Mr. Absolutism and Deontology all wrapped up in a crazy pants Bat-cowl because mommy and daddy got shot throws it out when a femme fatale makes eyes at him.

Batman is just so rigid and moralistic in his ethics that for him to break it repeatedly for a thief he cannot stop obsessing over is beautiful irony and human hypocrisy.

It's why even psycho-Undead kitty lady in Batman Returns gelled so much better with Keaton's Bruce Wayne than normal Lois Lane-knock off Vicky Vale ever did (and like we even need to mention Chase Meridian or Julie Madison?).

Superman is a "normal" Midwestern guy, so he relatively finds a well-adjusted normal spouse. Batman is kind of nuts, so he finds an equally unable-to-commit fetishist who is everything he hates (crime, crazy...a woman).

With that said, BVS should really have no love interest for Batman. It seems studio mandated when the focus should be on Supes and Bats. I also want Lois Lane and her relationship with Clark developed more. There really is no need. Especially not Catwoman who, I contend, is the dysfunctional love of Bruce's very dysfunctional life. Besides being executed very well (IMO) in TDKR, she takes too much time to cover. Save that for a solo movie down the line.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #55
Loki882
Side-Kick

It's one of Batman's interesting character dichotomies. He so obsessed with justice and his war on crime, and he is so self-controlled in almost every other facet of his life. However, he just can't help falling for women of "questionable" morality and character. Not just Catwoman, but Talia as well (the interesting Talia, not the crap that Morrison put out).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #56
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It's one of Batman's interesting character dichotomies. He so obsessed with justice and his war on crime, and he is so self-controlled in almost every other facet of his life. However, he just can't help falling for women of "questionable" morality and character. Not just Catwoman, but Talia as well (the interesting Talia, not the crap that Morrison put out).
I am guessing you mean the talia who was torn between her love for father and
bruce and not the outright villain Talia that has occured In recent years Including the version Nolan gave us In DKR.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #57
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
But it does fit his character to a tee. Mr. Absolutism and Deontology all wrapped up in a crazy pants Bat-cowl because mommy and daddy got shot throws it out when a femme fatale makes eyes at him.

Batman is just so rigid and moralistic in his ethics that for him to break it repeatedly for a thief he cannot stop obsessing over is beautiful irony and human hypocrisy.

It's why even psycho-Undead kitty lady in Batman Returns gelled so much better with Keaton's Bruce Wayne than normal Lois Lane-knock off Vicky Vale ever did (and like we even need to mention Chase Meridian or Julie Madison?).

Superman is a "normal" Midwestern guy, so he relatively finds a well-adjusted normal spouse. Batman is kind of nuts, so he finds an equally unable-to-commit fetishist who is everything he hates (crime, crazy...a woman).

I have long understood the "Appeal" of their relationship.

I still find it mind numbingly overrated and there are other Bat related relationships I find more interesting.

And as far as I'm concerned, the BR Bruce/Selina relationship worked mainly because of the actors playing them. From a story standpoint, Selina ended up being as wrong for Bruce as Vicki was. I'll just leave it at that because I really don't want to get into a long winded debate about it.

Last edited by The Batman; 09-18-2013 at 08:21 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #58
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I am guessing you mean the talia who was torn between her love for father and
bruce and not the outright villain Talia that has occured In recent years Including the version Nolan gave us In DKR.
Pretty much, I don't like outright villain Talia anymore than I like outright villain Magneto, which is to say not at all. Eva Green might make a good Catwoman.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #59
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I think there's already too much to handle in this movie for Catwoman to make an appearance.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #60
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yes, I agree. Save her for the inevitable Batman solo film.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #61
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

There's no time for her. Leave her for a Batman solo.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #62
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I think there's already too much to handle in this movie for Catwoman to make an appearance.
I realy don't see ANY of the Batman characters making an appearance in this movie.If any do show at all, it will likely be one or two at the most and only very briefly. But I doubt any will appear at all.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #63
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Charlize as Selina/Catwoman?

YES PLEASE!!!!

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #64
batlovescatDC
Tragic Love

A casting call did go out for a love interest, but I seriously doubt we'll start seeing another Catwoman until the solo Batman spin-off series. They'll probably pick someone that doesn't need to be a fully fleshed out character.

You can't have a character like Selina Kyle/Catwoman without devoting some screen time to her.

batlovescatDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #65
Cybermaxis
Side-Kick

No Catwoman yet but perhaps a blurb about high-priced item thefts.

Cybermaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #66
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Catwoman was in the TV series, she was in Batman Returns, people like Catwoman, she can be in the sequel.

CharlieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #67
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
I realy don't see ANY of the Batman characters making an appearance in this movie.If any do show at all, it will likely be one or two at the most and only very briefly. But I doubt any will appear at all.

Wow, no Alfred?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #68
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Alfred needs to be in this. For exposition for Bruce to listen to if anything

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #69
CharlieS
Side-Kick

I would like to see Alfred, Catwoman, Lucius Fox or Earl Cooper.

CharlieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #70
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Alfred needs to be in this. For exposition for Bruce to listen to if anything
Definitely agree. If Alfred gives exposition, it won't come off as forced.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #71
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Bruce probably does need scenes where he needs to privately reflect and discuss events. Alfred is needed imo.

Clark obviously has Lois for that.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #72
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Well if the plan was to originally get Bale back, Catwoman might have been in Goyer head for this film. It's a slim possibility. Be nice to have her as a supporting character.

DrMylesOBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #73
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Lois is a different story because she basically is his only love interest since Superman's creation. Yeah , there's Lana and Diana at some points but , its Lois Lane when it comes down to it. Bruce doesn't have a "Lois Lane" or even a so to speak, i.e. a love interest that everyone agrees is an essential part of the Batman character or myths. His love interests in film, tv, comics, cartoons, etc have been pretty interchangeable. That's why he's gone through several different ones almost like 007.

I'd say Catwoman is alot of people's favorite but I don't know if everyone would agree she's his one true love or essential love interest to the Batman myths. That said, its not impossible as you said to have Catwoman again, but I doubt Goyer is gonna do that.
Actually Bruce with Diana is more common. I am among those who refuse to acknowledge any Clark/Diana pairings ever.

Side question, has Bruce ever actually been married to anyone in the comics?

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #74
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
Actually Bruce with Diana is more common. I am among those who refuse to acknowledge any Clark/Diana pairings ever.

Side question, has Bruce ever actually been married to anyone in the comics?
I think on Earth 2 he was married to Selina and had a daughter with her there.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #75
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Julie Madison would be interesting . I think she was in the serials and last played by Elle Macpherson in the film that didn't happen. She would fit into the Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor, world of socialites putting their name behind the rebuilding of Metropolis.

I actually wouldn't mind if the love interest turned out to be a woman who's had a past with both Bruce and Lex. I'd prefer that triangle to a Lois , Clark, and Bruce triangle.
Well, I have to say I like a Bruce/Julie/Lex triangle in many respects. However it would make it even less a Clark and Lois film. As long as we still get Clark and Lois scenes, I could live with that other triangle though.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote