The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #26
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #27
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #28
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!
 
Prison Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Clink
Posts: 38,380
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

It took about an hour to update my iPhone to iOS7 but it was well worth wait. I'm loving the new design and I really like the Control Center on there.

__________________
Michael Scott: You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded.
Prison Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #29
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!
 
TheAQU4M4N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,741
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
It took about an hour to update my iPhone to iOS7 but it was well worth wait. I'm loving the new design and I really like the Control Center on there.
I agree, somehow I was able to use the Panorama wallpaper feature. I guess there are some hiccups with it lol I love how simple it looks and the new charge/ lock sounds.

__________________
"Destiny is like a riptide. You never know it's pulling you until its too late."
TheAQU4M4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #30
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh
 
PyroChamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,260
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

It took me damn near all day to get IOS 7. Itunes wouldn't let be download it at first because I didn't have IOS 6.1.3, so I had to download that one before I could get 7.

__________________
"I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else but you."

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #31
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,262
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

In response to the dmg from last thread: yes I have swype on my phone. It did not work any better lol. I tried some different keyboards but have gone back to the standard one now. Still not completely satisfied though.

Sad to hear about BB doing so bad, was really hoping to see a new slider from them as there have been rumours about one.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #32
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,395
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
In response to the dmg from last thread: yes I have swype on my phone. It did not work any better lol. I tried some different keyboards but have gone back to the standard one now. Still not completely satisfied though.

Sad to hear about BB doing so bad, was really hoping to see a new slider from them as there have been rumours about one.
What was your opinion on SwiftKey?

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #33
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 6,747
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

ios7 now has gamepad support. That combined with Apple TV's airplay makes for a great mini-console. Always avoided hardcore games (GTA's, Max Payne, KOTOR) and FPS' on the app store knowing it wouldn't be ideal with touch controls. If some of those games update to support gamepads, I'll totally get one.

__________________
Sometimes to do what's right, we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams.
Poetic Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #34
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

As some of you know, I've been looking to get a new phone for quite some time. I am planning to get a Samsung Galaxy or Samsung Note.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #35
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,115
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

I personally don't like the Note, it's too big as a phone but too small as a tablet. The S4 itself is too big for me. But if you want something that size, I'd still recommend the S4 over the Note. The best thing to do is go to an AT&T or Verizon Wireless store and play around with them. If they attempt to give you a hard time for just browsing, tell them your contract with TMobile is almost up and you're considering switching to them.

I do have a Note 10.1 tablet and like that.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #36
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman
 
Warhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B.P.R.D.
Posts: 24,457
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

The Galaxy S4 was a little expensive, so I opted for the S3 instead. I also feel like the S4 wasn't a big enough improvement over the S3 and that the inevitable S5 will be the one worth buying. After I rooted it and flashed new rom, it's a phenomenal phone. Of course, I'm also a guy who's been using a Hero and Moment for 4 years.


__________________

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #37
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 10,869
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

iOS7 is nice, but it's improvements/added features are things I already had when my iPhone 5 was jailbroken. Jailbreaking really is the way to go. I can't believe how limiting Apple's iOS is considering the fact that the iPhone has so many capabilities that aren't utilized.

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #38
ComicChick
Guardin' the Galaxy Yall!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 51,053
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

i downloaded the IOS upgrade last night, still getting used to some of it.

i really wish i could customize things like changing the font, or those text bubble colors

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #39
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,262
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
What was your opinion on SwiftKey?
Apparently I never tried it, but I downloaded it today and played around with the flow thing, and it's actually pretty neat to be honest. I'll see how I feel after a few days.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #40
ComicChick
Guardin' the Galaxy Yall!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 51,053
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

when i had an android, i loved swiftkey

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #41
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,395
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Apparently I never tried it, but I downloaded it today and played around with the flow thing, and it's actually pretty neat to be honest. I'll see how I feel after a few days.
It's very customizable and very adept and learning predictions. It's one of only two apps I've bought and it was worth every penny!

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #42
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,142
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Swiftkey

Word prediction is unreal

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #43
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,262
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Okey so far I am ****ing loving SwiftKey. I am barely trying to hit the right keys when swiping but it gets it right like 9 out of 10 times. It's almost surreal.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #44
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,142
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

I'm getting the Galaxy S4 next week


I'm under contract with Fido, but not eligible yet for an upgrade (stupid 3 year contracts), so I would have had to pay 260$ early cancellation fees

But with Fido now belonging to Rogers, I made the switch to Rogers so I could avoid to pay those fees (as long as I keep my number and take a 2 year contract ... still better than 3 years)

Also , the phone will cost me 99$ instead of 179 $

Stupid me forgot to give my office as a delivery address instead of home


Anyway, adios HTC and **** you

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #45
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I personally don't like the Note, it's too big as a phone but too small as a tablet. The S4 itself is too big for me. But if you want something that size, I'd still recommend the S4 over the Note. The best thing to do is go to an AT&T or Verizon Wireless store and play around with them. If they attempt to give you a hard time for just browsing, tell them your contract with TMobile is almost up and you're considering switching to them.

I do have a Note 10.1 tablet and like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
The Galaxy S4 was a little expensive, so I opted for the S3 instead. I also feel like the S4 wasn't a big enough improvement over the S3 and that the inevitable S5 will be the one worth buying. After I rooted it and flashed new rom, it's a phenomenal phone. Of course, I'm also a guy who's been using a Hero and Moment for 4 years.

I definitely like the bigger screens. I still have my Blackberry Bold which is really, really small. spideyboy wants me to get the S4 but it's pretty expensive and doesn't sound like it's that much better than the S3. I think I can get the S3 for about 50 bucks with my upgrade. The S4, on the other hand, would still cost me about 150!

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #46
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,115
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

I never looked into the difference between the S3 and S4 since I never cared for the sizes, but most of the S4's new features seem to be more gimmicky than functional, such as pausing the screen when you look away. I would get the S3 and put the $100 towards splurging on your next phone.

Google is probably going to unveil the new Nexus in October. You may want to wait and see what that's like.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #47
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman
 
Warhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B.P.R.D.
Posts: 24,457
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
I definitely like the bigger screens. I still have my Blackberry Bold which is really, really small. spideyboy wants me to get the S4 but it's pretty expensive and doesn't sound like it's that much better than the S3. I think I can get the S3 for about 50 bucks with my upgrade. The S4, on the other hand, would still cost me about 150!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I never looked into the difference between the S3 and S4 since I never cared for the sizes, but most of the S4's new features seem to be more gimmicky than functional, such as pausing the screen when you look away. I would get the S3 and put the $100 towards splurging on your next phone.

Google is probably going to unveil the new Nexus in October. You may want to wait and see what that's like.
Exactly why I opted for the S3. The only positive I saw was that the S4 has a quad core processor. I don't take many pictures so a 13 MP camera didn't seem worth it. And that's about it. Nothing else makes it better than an S3. And it was cheaper. After I removed the bloatware, it was a winner.

__________________

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #48
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,142
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Yeah those S4 features are gimmicky, and one would look like a giant douche if he used them all the time, but in certain situations, they are convenient

And the S4 build quality is better than the S3 imo.


Anyway, can't wait to get mine

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #49
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I never looked into the difference between the S3 and S4 since I never cared for the sizes, but most of the S4's new features seem to be more gimmicky than functional, such as pausing the screen when you look away. I would get the S3 and put the $100 towards splurging on your next phone.

Google is probably going to unveil the new Nexus in October. You may want to wait and see what that's like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Exactly why I opted for the S3. The only positive I saw was that the S4 has a quad core processor. I don't take many pictures so a 13 MP camera didn't seem worth it. And that's about it. Nothing else makes it better than an S3. And it was cheaper. After I removed the bloatware, it was a winner.
I'm definitely leaning toward the S3. I just cannot justify so much more for the S4 when it's not that big of an improvement.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #50
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,115
Default Re: The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
Yeah those S4 features are gimmicky, and one would look like a giant douche if he used them all the time, but in certain situations, they are convenient

And the S4 build quality is better than the S3 imo.


Anyway, can't wait to get mine
I don't deny the S4 is a very good phone, personally I would call it great if it was a smaller size. But is it worth $100 more than the S3? That answer is more subjective. And again because of my dislike of the size as well as the fact that I'd root it, I'm inclined to say "No" at least for myself.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.