The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
It's not a flaw at all. One of Spider-Man's powers is adapting to pain. He's gotten worse injuries before and his body adapted to them fast.
Comparing this iteration to the comics is a moot point, as TASM, Spider-Man is notably less powerful than his comic book counterpart. Comics Spidey doesn't need cranes to swing, he can jump farther, is stronger, etc...

He's gotten shot in the comics as well. He battled through it much as in TASM, but required medical attention afterwards. No healing factor to fix it for him.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #27
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Spidey having a healing factor is nothing new. It's been around since thee 1960's. It's not something they came up with in the last few years. Just because you don't like the idea of him having it does not make TASM flawed for having it. It is part of the character.

It lasted over 24 hours. Peter couldn't even sleep or else he would have been killed.
Right. I'm just in denial. So when Spider-Man gets shot by the Crime Master in the 1960's, his healing factor should have taken care of it, but it didn't. He had to seek medical attention afterwards.

How about the many times that he came down with the common cold or was nearly incapacitated the flu? His healing factor didn't take care of those.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #28
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Comparing this iteration to the comics is a moot point, as TASM, Spider-Man is notably less powerful than his comic book counterpart. Comics Spidey doesn't need cranes to swing, he can jump farther, is stronger, etc...

He's gotten shot in the comics as well. He battled through it much as in TASM, but required medical attention afterwards. No healing factor to fix it for him.
Comics Spidey is a fully grown man with his powers already fully developed with at least 10 years of experience behind him, not a high school kid who just got these powers a few months ago.

He got shot in the leg. That would be a flesh wound. Even normal people like you and me would not require immediate medical attention from that. Of course he would require medical attention if you shoot him in the guts or at a vital organ. His pain threshold and healing factor are nowhere as strong as Wolverine's, but it's good enough to let him adapt to even severe hits to the head and broken limbs.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #29
Vid Electricz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Comics Spidey is a fully grown man with his powers already fully developed with at least 10 years of experience behind him, not a high school kid who just got these powers a few months ago.

He got shot in the leg. That would be a flesh wound. Even normal people like you and me would not require immediate medical attention from that. Of course he would require medical attention if you shoot him in the guts or at a vital organ. His pain threshold and healing factor are nowhere as strong as Wolverine's, but it's good enough to let him adapt to even severe hits to the head and broken limbs.
Fair enough. I chalk that up to enhanced or superhuman strength/endurance though. A "healing factor" just seems like a lame add-on. Sure he can take a beating, but does that really count as a "healing factor"?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #30
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Right. I'm just in denial. So when Spider-Man gets shot by the Crime Master in the 1960's, his healing factor should have taken care of it, but it didn't. He had to seek medical attention afterwards.
......he healed from that too. Pretty fast.

Quote:
How about the many times that he came down with the common cold or was nearly incapacitated the flu? His healing factor didn't take care of those.
You mean the one time he got a flu so bad that he had to crawl to the hospital? Even after that, he was on his feet after a few hours of rest.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 09-19-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fair enough. I chalk that up to enhanced or superhuman strength/endurance though. A "healing factor" just seems like a lame add-on. Sure he can take a beating, but does that really count as a "healing factor"?
He has superhuman endurance as well.

His healing factor doesn't cure him on the spot like Wolverine's healing factor does. He maintains the injury for a while before it's healed (time depends on how severe it is).

It makes sense he would have a healing factor to a certain degree. If he had to go to the hospital for every bullet wound and other injury he receives in battle, his bills would be through the roof. lol

Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #32
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingly atiba View Post
JUST like in SM2 when spidey got hit by a TRAIN and kept fighting ock? did anyone COMPLAIN or DISCUSS
That was a deleted scene. It was not in the theatrical version, so that argument is invalid.

Quote:

Well this Spider man is only starting out, so we can't assume that he does all those things BUT yes I agree, he didn't need cranes to swing.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #33
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The whole thing about spiderman hitting doc ock with his super strength and barely hurts him is something can be seen as a flaw but I think if that had been in this film people would have complained loads and loads

Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #34
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
The whole thing about spiderman hitting doc ock with his super strength and barely hurts him is something can be seen as a flaw but I think if that had been in this film people would have complained loads and loads
It can be argued that Spidey was holding back since he knew him but i can definately see where you're coming from.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #35
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
That was a deleted scene. It was not in the theatrical version, so that argument is invalid.

Well this Spider man is only starting out, so we can't assume that he does all those things BUT yes I agree, he didn't need cranes to swing.
i dont really care about this argument at all i just threw that out there because it still happened i guess and no one really complained about that ALTHOUGH it was on DVD

Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #36
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
i dont really care about this argument at all i just threw that out there because it still happened i guess and no one really complained about that ALTHOUGH it was on DVD
Fair enough.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #37
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Fair enough.
nothing to roll youre internet eyes about

Old 09-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #38
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Spider-Man always pulls his punches. Remember when Ock switched bodies with Peter and punched off Scorpion's jaw? That's what happens when he doesn't pull them.

As far as Spidey needing cranes to swing, that had a lot to do with him getting shot in the leg. It made it a hell of a lot easier for him. Ever walk through NYC and look up at the tall buildings, picturing Spider-Man swinging? Its probably a LOT harder than it looks on screen/in comic books.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #39
Spideyfan117
Yo When's Mahvel!?

I would respond to Nemeres, but it looks like I can't say much more than what I've already said and what Shikamaru and GuestStar (I think) have said. So I'll just leave it at that.

I do want to backtrack/get off topic a little bit though. When is Spider-man's healing ability first blatantly described in the comics? I know it's not within the first few issues. Shikamaru, you said it goes back to the sixties, but is there a particular issue?

I don't know that I particularly like the healing factor either. It's okay I suppose. I do like that it at least takes longer to work, though. If it was Wolverine/Deadpool level, it would be overkill.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #40
Picard Sisko

I don't think he really has a "healing factor," but he can heal faster than normal human beings, that's for sure.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #41
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I would hope the audiences could figure it out on their own. They made a quicker, easier path to Oscorp. I'm of the opinion that film-makers shouldn't have to spell out such minor things for anyone. As for why the "the public" is helping him to begin with, that was explained quite thoroughly.
Im sorry but that's such a contrived cheap cop out... Im a huge fan of ASM and can easily admit that was the weakest scene in the film

Anyone can say that excuse for any film they've figured out a solution to when the film really has no strong evidence of explaining it and most don't understand it. A good film maker doesnt have to spell everything out... But when majority don't get a scene then they've failed to properly deliver the story to the audience. This isn't an avant garde indy film. A scene like that especially with the emphasis placed upon it should be incredibly aware of how its all going down.....

Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #42
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
i really dont see how it matters. just a little scene that most people enjoyed
Eh..... Lol that's a wee bit skewed. Most found it cheesy and most were a bit confused.... Were you not on here when the film was released??? It about had as many complaints as llizards face and killianarin

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #43
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I don't think he really has a "healing factor," but he can heal faster than normal human beings, that's for sure.
This is correct

[=]
Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #44
Picard Sisko

I honestly did love the crane scene in TASM... after watching it a few times, I found it to be corny, but I still think its a great emotional scene. I'm sure Avi Arad and Sony have seen complaints about it online and made sure not to put another "New Yorkers saving Spidey" scene in TASM2.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #45
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I honestly did love the crane scene in TASM... after watching it a few times, I found it to be corny, but I still think its a great emotional scene. I'm sure Avi Arad and Sony have seen complaints about it online and made sure not to put another "New Yorkers saving Spidey" scene in TASM2.
I think it was handled better than the raimi 1 goblin part . But it was still the weakest part in the film for me

[=]
Old 09-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #46
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or in SM 3 when he got smashed by Sandman like a dozen times during the final fight, but was fine a few minutes later. Or the beating he took at the hands of the GG in SM 1, but recovered rather quickly.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #47
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Im sorry but that's such a contrived cheap cop out... Im a huge fan of ASM and can easily admit that was the weakest scene in the film

Anyone can say that excuse for any film they've figured out a solution to when the film really has no strong evidence of explaining it and most don't understand it. A good film maker doesnt have to spell everything out... But when majority don't get a scene then they've failed to properly deliver the story to the audience. This isn't an avant garde indy film. A scene like that especially with the emphasis placed upon it should be incredibly aware of how its all going down.....
Except that saying that a majority of people didn't understand the scene isn't true since you cannot possibly know that. Some people on a message board didn't get it. That in no way means that a "majority" or the millions of people who saw the movie didn't get it, that's a huge assumption.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #48
Picard Sisko

Quote:
I think it was handled better than the raimi 1 goblin part . But it was still the weakest part in the film for me
I agree with you there. I just think that the Lizard in general was the weakest part of the movie, but overall I love it. Still stand by my 8/10 rating. Hopefully TASM2 will get an 8.5-9/10 from me.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #49
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
Eh..... Lol that's a wee bit skewed. Most found it cheesy and most were a bit confused.... Were you not on here when the film was released??? It about had as many complaints as llizards face and killianarin
no i wasnt. but when i was watching it i didnt really care i was just happy that spidey was back on screen after being absent for 5 years. i wasnt really looking for things to complain about and i definetly didnt complain about the lizard at all. the only thing i hated out of the movie was the lack of intensity of the fights and the lack OF fights probably more than the latter.i didnt complain about anything while in the theater and didnt think there were any cheesy parts except for one which i cant recall for right now. i absolutly enjoyed the film and cant wait for the next one and personally dont know how you guys complain about things like this.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #50
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
I agree with you there. I just think that the Lizard in general was the weakest part of the movie, but overall I love it. Still stand by my 8/10 rating. Hopefully TASM2 will get an 8.5-9/10 from me.
youre not even expecting a 10?

Closed Thread