The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #476
J.Howlett

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I'm sure people will try to upload it on youtube in its entirety.
We'll see.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #477
ChrisB
Batman News

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

WB sent me a review copy yesterday and I'm watching it now. Bale did his screen test in Val Kilmer's 2nd Batman Forever suit! It was literally 2 seconds of footage of Bale just walking forward in it. There could be more though, I'm in the middle of the "Ensemble" section of the documentary.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #478
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
WB sent me a review copy yesterday and I'm watching it now. Bale did his screen test in Val Kilmer's 2nd Batman Forever suit! It was literally 2 seconds of footage of Bale just walking forward in it. There could be more though, I'm in the middle of the "Ensemble" section of the documentary.
Coool, thanks for the info. If you can let us know how the Doc is when you're finished that would be awesome. I mean, as a whole, and if it's informative when it comes to the filmmakers speaking about the trilogy.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #479
ChrisB
Batman News

This is awesome. There's footage of Bale in the Kilmer suit doing actual scenes during the screen test. His voice was great lol. Fun fact: As a favor to the casting director, Amy Adams played Rachel in all of the screen tests they did with potential "Batmen".

Look for my full review, probably coming later this weekend. Since I'm not comfortable as a "writer" my approach to the review will be to do my best to describe all of the cool aspects of this Collector's Edition. Then leave it up to my readers to decide if it's worth buying to see all the cool things I talked about.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #480
kvz5
HBIC

I wanna see now!

LOL I remember Amy saying she was so moved at Bale's audition that she cried. I wish they just went all the way and got her for Rachel instead.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #481
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is awesome. There's footage of Bale in the Kilmer suit doing actual scenes during the screen test. His voice was great lol. Fun fact: As a favor to the casting director, Amy Adams played Rachel in all of the screen tests they did with potential "Batmen".

Look for my full review, probably coming later this weekend. Since I'm not comfortable as a "writer" my approach to the review will be to do my best to describe all of the cool aspects of this Collector's Edition. Then leave it up to my readers to decide if it's worth buying to see all the cool things I talked about.
Thank you!! Can't wait.

Damnit though! This sort of makes me mad that Amy Adams didn't play Rachel for both Begins and Dark Knight!

Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #482
ChrisB
Batman News

Last tease… Nolan originally met w/ Gary Oldman for Ra’s Al Ghul! I love all this behind the scenes stuff. I'm just over half way through and haven't seen anything with Ledger yet :\ The full documentary clocks in at 1 hours 16 minutes.

Edit: ok, a few last things that I know you really want to hear:
They spend about 5 minutes talking about the Joker, and there's 1 or 2 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage with Ledger during the segment. I'll get more detailed in my review. I'm going to watch this whole thing a 2nd time and take notes.

And for all the Hathaway lovers... she looked amazing during her screen test (Christian Bale had his huge beard sticking out of the cowl lol). Maybe I'm just a sucker for wavy hair, but I loved that look more than the straight hair she had in the actual movie.

Last edited by ChrisB; 09-19-2013 at 03:53 PM.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #483
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Last tease… Nolan originally met w/ Gary Oldman for Ra’s Al Ghul! I love all this behind the scenes stuff. I'm just over half way through and haven't seen anything with Ledger yet :\ The full documentary clocks in at 1 hours 16 minutes.
This **** sounds really promising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Thank you!! Can't wait.

Damnit though! This sort of makes me mad that Amy Adams didn't play Rachel for both Begins and Dark Knight!
Nah, that should've been Rebecca Hall.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #484
kvz5
HBIC

LOL BatJesus will not just be a manip anymore. We'll finally see the real thing.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #485
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
This **** sounds really promising!

Nah, that should've been Rebecca Hall.
Actually yeah, Amy is doing well as Lois and what she's done with Bale during the Fighter and American Hustle more than makes up for it. Rebecca Hall was totally wasted in Iron Man.

Quote:

They spend about 5 minutes talking about the Joker, and there's 1 or 2 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage with Ledger during the segment. I'll get more detailed in my review. I'm going to watch this whole thing a 2nd time and take notes.

And for all the Hathaway lovers... she looked amazing during her screen test (Christian Bale had his huge beard sticking out of the cowl lol). Maybe I'm just a sucker for wavy hair, but I loved that look more than the straight hair she had in the actual movie.
That's friggin awesome!

Old 09-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #486
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:

We'll just have to imagine!

Last edited by kvz5; 09-19-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #487
delta888
Newbie First Class

Smile Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:

Is there any type of deleted scenes shown in the documentary? How about anything on the filming of the final chase from The Dark Knight Rises? I always hated that the scene of the Tumbler crashing into the road was cut out. I was hoping footage might exsist in this documentary. Thanks.

delta888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #488
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah im curious about the deleted scenes too, even though I don't see that happening.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #489
kvz5
HBIC

I could be wrong but the guy from SFX (or Empire?) said there were no deleted scenes.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #490
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I could be wrong but the guy from SFX (or Empire?) said there were no deleted scenes.
Yeah, absolutely no deleted scenes. Lots of behind-the-scenes footage that hasn't been seen before, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta888 View Post
Is there any type of deleted scenes shown in the documentary? How about anything on the filming of the final chase from The Dark Knight Rises? I always hated that the scene of the Tumbler crashing into the road was cut out. I was hoping footage might exsist in this documentary. Thanks.
No, nothing on that. They go into detail on that scene on TDKR's Blu-ray.

Last edited by ChrisB; 09-19-2013 at 07:44 PM.
ChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #491
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

This sounds excellent...

I was going to buy it anyway because I'm a Batman completist, but it's good to know there is some worthwhile stuff on this.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Pfeiffer-Pfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #492
JackWhite
Third Man

I'm really glad I pre-ordered this too. It's been a few months since I have seen the films, so everything will be extremely fresh.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #493
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah I already made up my mind with buying it, but im really happy there's behind the scenes footage.

Hey ChrisB, are there any other directors that weren't in the press release..on the documentary? They listed "Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others"

Old 09-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #494
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Yeah I already made up my mind with buying it, but im really happy there's behind the scenes footage.

Hey ChrisB, are there any other directors that weren't in the press release..on the documentary? They listed "Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others"
I'll have to take a closer look when I re-watch it tomorrow. I remember everyone you listed there, plus a few more movie critics and there were a lot of WB executives and producers. Paul Dini too.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #495
delta888
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Yeah, absolutely no deleted scenes. Lots of behind-the-scenes footage that hasn't been seen before, though.

No, nothing on that. They go into detail on that scene on TDKR's Blu-ray.

Thats ashame. Any good new behind the scenes footage of the vehicle stunts in general? Tumbler or otherwise?

delta888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #496
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta888 View Post
Thats ashame. Any good new behind the scenes footage of the vehicle stunts in general? Tumbler or otherwise?
No. Most of the behind-the-scenes footage was focused on the actors. A good portion of the documentary was in the "Ensemble" section, where they focused on screen tests, rehearsals. Stuff like that.

On a side note... I just realized I don't remember seeing Nolan on the Batpod! I'll have to pay closer attention tomorrow when I watch it again. It must have been a "blink and you'll miss it" type thing.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #497
kvz5
HBIC

Clip:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-clip/2841403/

You can see Bale cowless in the TDK suit.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #498
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Clip:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-clip/2841403/

You can see Bale cowless in the TDK suit.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #499
ChrisB
Batman News

I'm including a 1:30 clip of Bale's Batman Begins audition in the Kilmer suit in my review. Hopefully that'll be up Sunday!

Old 09-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #500
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

What Nolan says in that clip is exactly what myself and other fans of this trilogy have been trying to say about the intent of the realism in these movies for ages now.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote