The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #501
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
What Nolan says in that clip is exactly what myself and other fans of this trilogy have been trying to say about the intent of the realism in these movies for ages now.
Pretty much.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #502
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

I have not seen any TV commercial announcing it's release on Sep 24th, maybe they're trying not to overshadow Iron Man 3's DVD/BR release.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #503
shauner111
Side-Kick

I saw a Dutch commercial for it. Wish there was an English version. If they plastered that all over every network it would get people's attention. I mean it's the friggin Dark Knight Trilogy. Who cares about some Iron Man blu ray release? lol

Old 09-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #504
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Question Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
What Nolan says in that clip is exactly what myself and other fans of this trilogy have been trying to say about the intent of the realism in these movies for ages now.
What does he say?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #505
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
What does he say?
Basically that the reality isn't so much there to be REAL reality, it's just there to give the story more weight and treat the material like any other movie where the source material just so happens to be based on a comic. But basically that the world of Gotham still is removed from actual reality and the movies are still fantastical.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #506
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Who cares about some Iron Man blu ray release? lol
Me

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #507
Victarion
Cut

I'll be buying it (IM3). In the meantime, I'm going to lay siege to WB by not buying this release of TDKT.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #508
kvz5
HBIC

I wasn't planning on buying it (I want to wait for the ultimate, ultimate collection whenever that is ) but I'm feeling so nostalgic with the Nolan Batverse trilogy that I'm giving in and buying it.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #509
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I wasn't planning on buying it (I want to wait for the ultimate, ultimate collection whenever that is ) but I'm feeling so nostalgic with the Nolan Batverse trilogy that I'm giving in and buying it.
Haha, might as well get it I think. This should be the last big Nolan Bat-era release for a good while.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #510
shauner111
Side-Kick

Iron Man 3 was a garbage cheesefest so I wouldn't even keep the DVD release if it was given to me for free.

But I don't own the making of book that im guessing some of the "booklet" is based on, nor do I care for any of the Blu-Ray artwork for each individual movie. So getting better art and that booklet is a good bonus for me. Honestly, I really hate the blu ray covers they've given us for Begins, Dark Knight and Rises..

Also my separate blu rays are a bit f'd at the moment. My Begins looks like its been tossed around the house forever and im sure I lost my copy of TDK. My copy of TDKR is fine but I just don't think that cover (flaming bat symbol behind a photoshopped batman) represents the film very well. It's more of an icey film.

So im due for an upgrade.

Never cared for audio commentary for films, so that doesn't bother me. I never expected new transfers and I care about good quality/imax etc..but I never seen the big fuss about how "bad TDK looks on blu ray". It looks OK to me. So I don't care if they didn't give us new transfers.

The special features is worth it and definitely a collector's item. So yeah, ill dish out the cash for this bad boy!

If there's ever a point where deleted scenes get released, maybe ill just be keen on watching them online. I mean, I do it with Batman Forever's deleted scenes. It's not a big deal for me.

The only way I would double dip with ANOTHER set in the future, is if a TDKR director's cut was released. But im sure they would release that as one film.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #511
Tequilla
Side-Kick

So , today i had the boxset in my hands , its huge. Also , 90 euros

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #512
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

It's $80 on Amazon now. Honestly, that's not THAT bad. Yeah, it sucks that I'll be re-buying three movies I already own, but it's not such a bad deal for someone picking up all the movies for the first time or upgrading to Blu-ray for the first time.

I mean, I know the retrospective doc is going to be something I probably revisit from time to time so I'd like to have a copy I can watch on my TV whenever. I've revisited the special features from Begins a lot over the years, and this will probably be the most comprehensive featurette we've had for this series since "The Journey Begins".

I still haven't placed my preorder but I'm really, REALLY tempted. Would be nice to have it waiting for me when I get home from work on Tuesday.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #513
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I'm going to buy this set .

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #514
kvz5
HBIC

I wish I didn't buy the book before. I don't know what I'm going to do with 2 of those.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #515
ChrisB
Batman News

My review is up and includes footage of Christian Bale's Batman audition (in Kilmer's suit!)
http://batman-news.com/2013/09/21/da...dition-review/

I'm going out for the night, but I'll try to answer any questions you guys have. Just leave a comment at the bottom of my post or here on the forums.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #516
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Awesome.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #517
georgec
Not a hero

Nice review!

The Bale audition footage was interesting. Is it me or was he pulling a slight double chin there?

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #518
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Nice review!

The Bale audition footage was interesting. Is it me or was he pulling a slight double chin there?
lol yeah, I think he was just way too big for that suit. There's test footage of him filming the Bruce Wayne scenes too and he doesn't look fat or anything.

Cillian Murphy on the other hand... way too small for the suit. He looked silly!

Old 09-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #519
kvz5
HBIC

Niiice! Thanks Chris!

Bale and Adams! Bale's voice in the audition is the BB voice which was the best one IMO. Ironic how the voice helped him win the part and in the end, it's one of the most criticized things in the trilogy (damn you post prod ).The audition was interesting because I remember Bale saying in interviews that he's one of those actors that's never good with auditions and always screws something up.

Last edited by kvz5; 09-21-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #520
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Okay A) He looks like Clooney a little bit, B- This really makes me wonder, why wasn't Adams in Batman Begins instead of Holmes?

Quote:
Old 09-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #521
kvz5
HBIC

As unbelievable as it sounds, Holmes was a much bigger star than Adams at that time so I guess Amy was never in contention.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #522
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Old 09-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #523
shauner111
Side-Kick

Do they talk about Bane/Hardy or Catwoman? From what you're saying ChrisB it doesn't seem like they talk a lot about Rises.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #524
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Couldn't help myself.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/619...-begins-in-val

Old 09-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #525
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
OMG Bale in the Batman Forever suit.

Bale wore the sonar batsuit
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote