The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Worst MCU movie so far?
Iron Man 0 0%
Iron Man 2 68 39.53%
Iron Man 3 39 22.67%
The Incredible Hulk 38 22.09%
Thor 11 6.40%
Captain America: The First Avenger 10 5.81%
The Avengers 6 3.49%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #101
jacobed
Banned User

Default Re: Worst Marvel Studio's movie so far?

Marvel Studios worst is easily the last two Iron man movies. I think they're both just awful

Old 09-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #102
OcStat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
In the comics Peter Parker sold his wife to the devil and Gwen Stacy had kids with Norman Osborne. Just being in the comics doesn't make it good.
That's not what happened, did you read the story?

Old 09-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #103
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
You're right, that's not what happened. However, what DID actually happen in OMD was just as stupid, nonsensical, and insulting.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #104
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
Perhaps I should have said marriage, but it is basically the same thing.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #105
regnak
Side-Kick

I voted IM3. It will be the first MCU movie I skip buying the DVD.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #106
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

The bottom 3 for me are Thor, Iron Man 2 & The Incredible Hulk.

Thor has some great moments, but it feels pretty cheap and uneventful. I appreciate it for bringing such a character to life. It's easy to forget what a gamble the god of thunder was for the big screen. Still, I think it's Marvel's weakest entry.

Hulk has a solid start, but I completely lost interest by the end. I hate the Hulk design too. As unfair as it is, I pretty much ignore this because of the recasting of the title character for the Avengers. Ruffalo is better, and the Hulk looks better too.

Iron Man 2 has some major problems, but despite these it's also the most entertaining of the 3. The cast is just great in this, and every scene shines (even if they don't add up to a satisfying whole).

Old 09-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #107
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Top Tier:
The Avengers
Iron Man 3

Great:
Iron Man
CA:TFA (for its first two acts)

Good/Solid:
Thor

Aight:
TIH/IM2

Tough to decide between TIH and IM2. I enjoy both, but TIH looks weaker since they got the Hulk so right in TA. IM2 I really liked the first time but consistently gets weaker with each rewatch and absolutely pales in comparison to IM3. I guess I'll go with TIH, just cuz IM2 will dominate the poll anyway.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #108
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

TIH is one of my most favorite Marvel Studios movies...Iron Man 2 for sure was my least favorite..I had to think what I remembered for that movie and it took me a minute...it was truly forgettable.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #109
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I think TIH is a good move, easily very underrated.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #110
Loki882
Side-Kick

I can see why people might not like IM 2/3, or Thor, or even CA. I don't necessarily agree, but I can see where people are coming from. But I never understood why TIH is so controversial, I thought it was a solid and enjoyable movie all around. Could somebody please explain that, I'd really be interested to know?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #111
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I can see why people might not like IM 2/3, or Thor, or even CA. I don't necessarily agree, but I can see where people are coming from. But I never understood why TIH is so controversial, I thought it was a solid and enjoyable movie all around. Could somebody please explain that, I'd really be interested to know?
Same here.As a big Hulk fan,it was pretty much everything I wanted in a Hulk movie.The Avengers Hulk/Ruffalo was good,but I still prefer TIH Hulk/Norton.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #112
antonydelfini
The Destroyer

Ta 8.5/10
im1 8/10
im3 8/10
catfa 7.5/10
thor 7/10
tih 6.5/10
im 2 6/10

Old 09-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #113
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Iron Man 2 is looking to be the clear winner then, though IM3 and TIH arent far behind. I actually think IM2 has more re-watch value than IM3, so my vote may change over time.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #114
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Iron Man 2 is looking to be the clear winner then, though IM3 and TIH arent far behind. I actually think IM2 has more re-watch value than IM3, so my vote may change over time.
Agreed. Thugh IM2 screws up in many many parts, it did War Machine great and Tony was in the armour and Whiplash was okay.

The biggest downfall of the iron man movies imo are the armours. In the first they looked real and looked heavy and kinda clunky, in the second they looked more CGI but still a good progression and in the third they were basically cartoony parodies of the armour.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 09-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #115
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Agreed. Thugh IM2 screws up in many many parts, it did War Machine great and Tony was in the armour and Whiplash was okay.

The biggest downfall of the iron man movies imo are the armours. In the first they looked real and looked heavy and kinda clunky, in the second they looked more CGI but still a good progression and in the third they were basically cartoony parodies of the armour.
Except that Rhodey is depicted as someone who would stab his best friend in the back and steal his stuff. Also, how was he able to just jump in the armor and pilot it so well?

Old 09-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #116
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except that Rhodey is depicted as someone who would stab his best friend in the back and steal his stuff.
You must have seen a different version of the movie than the one released. Because in the theatrical edition, Rhodey was depicted as a guy whose truthful report got twisted selectively by a Senator with an agenda, and a guy who was willing to stand up to his friend being insane, wreckless, and self-destructive.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #117
Loki882
Side-Kick

He jumped in a armor and started a fight with Tony in the middle of his house full of people. Then, he stole the armor, which wasn't his, took it to the military (it wasn't there's either), and let Justin "I'm a psychotic moron" Hammer mess with it. I get that they wanted Rhodey to be the voice of reason, but the writing was poor and it didn't come across that way. Pepper suffered the same fate.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #118
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
He jumped in a armor and started a fight with Tony in the middle of his house full of people. Then, he stole the armor, which wasn't his, took it to the military (it wasn't there's either), and let Justin "I'm a psychotic moron" Hammer mess with it. I get that they wanted Rhodey to be the voice of reason, but the writing was poor and it didn't come across that way. Pepper suffered the same fate.
Uh, Rhodey cleared the room before the fight began; it was STARK who was endangering those people beforehand with his drunken antics.

As was pointed out in the diner scene, Rhodey couldn't have taken the suit without Stark's consent because of the various security protocols built into it for the express purpose of preventing such a scenario. No, Stark ALLOWED Rhodes to take the suit to the military, no doubt as an acknowledgment of how much of a screw up he currently is.

Hammer's contributions to the suit were completely benign. It was Vanko that did the real damage.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #119
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Also, Rhodey didn't want to bring Hammer in. He was ordered to by his commanding officer. He tried arguing against it to no avail.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #120
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Uh, Rhodey cleared the room before the fight began; it was STARK who was endangering those people beforehand with his drunken antics.

As was pointed out in the diner scene, Rhodey couldn't have taken the suit without Stark's consent because of the various security protocols built into it for the express purpose of preventing such a scenario. No, Stark ALLOWED Rhodes to take the suit to the military, no doubt as an acknowledgment of how much of a screw up he currently is.

Hammer's contributions to the suit were completely benign. It was Vanko that did the real damage.
Sorry, not buying that Stark let him take the suit. There was never ANY bit of dialogue or indication in the film that he did that, so it doesn't count. Fury even said "the brother kicked your ass and took your suit." It's a plot hole, plan and simple. Rhodey was the one who showed up in another suit of armor and challenge Stark, HE escalated the situation, he's was NOT the voice of reason in that scenario. Yeah, totally trust the guy who has shown himself to be an incompetent douche and hates Tony, but doesn't have his talent, that won't backfire at all.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #121
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

This is the conversation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man 2
Nick Fury: Whoa, whoa, whoa. He took it? You're Iron Man and he just took it? The little brother walked in there, kicked your ass and took your suit? Is that possible?

Natasha Romanoff: Well, according to Mr. Stark's database security guidelines, there are redundancies to prevent unauthorized usage.
So yes, it is fully implied that Tony let him have access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882
Yeah, totally trust the guy who has shown himself to be an incompetent douche and hates Tony, but doesn't have his talent, that won't backfire at all.
As I already mentioned, he didn't trust Hammer at all. He was ordered to work with him after he already had the suit. Unless he wanted a court-martial, he had no choice but to work with Hammer.

Last edited by Kahran Ramsus; 09-23-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #122
Nathan

Loki, do you maybe just want to dislike Rhodey?

Old 09-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #123
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

It was clear as day that Tony ws a huge douche and needed some sense beaten into him. He allowed Rhodey to take the suit as otherwise he would've deactivated it.

Rhodey was the type of friend who would take away his drunken friends car keys.

Anyway, according to the Poll, Iron Man is the best followed by Captain America

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 09-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #124
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
It was clear as day that Tony ws a huge douche and needed some sense beaten into him. He allowed Rhodey to take the suit as otherwise he would've deactivated it.

Rhodey was the type of friend who would take away his drunken friends car keys.

Anyway, according to the Poll, Iron Man is the best followed by Captain America
Tony needed some sense put into him. Then Rhodey comes and think that fire must be fought with more fire among other unarmed people. And that's when Rhodey needed some sense put into him.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #125
Nathan

Rhodey cleared the room though.

Closed Thread