The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #826
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I was shocked and disgusted. It was the last straw for me, it was where I stopped being a rabid Smallville fan. I tried to watch Smallville after that, but it bored me because the magic was gone.

The goyerverse thus far has no super-stalking and no mindraping. Good for Man of Steel.
For me it was the proposal in s10 that came out old nowhere. It just came off to me as the writers desperately trying to make up for making Lois look like a consolation prize. "Look he may want Lana but he's going to marry Lois....7yrs after he proposes".
I hate the mind rape on Lois more than the one in Pandora because almost everyone was in on it. They used her as a crystal ball and then never told her about it. It's just another example of everyone on Smallville collectively lying to Lois and keeping her out of the loop. I hated it when she was the last one to know who Green Arrow was, I hated that she was the last one to know the truth about Clark and I hate that they steal Lois memories in Pandora and just send her on her merry way. This is why I always feel Lois was so disrespected in Smallville.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Last edited by Szetsilya; 09-21-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #827
Andreth
Side-Kick

How did the proposal come out of nowhere when Clark and Lois had known each other for 6 years and were dating for a year and a half before he proposed?
Anyway, this isn't the smallville forum, I'm sure there are other places for those kind of discussions

Back to Amy, I can't wait for American Hustle

Funny how the whole cast are in superheroe movies

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #828
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I'm not really looking forward to American Hustle.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #829
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
I'm not really looking forward to American Hustle.
why not?

you'll get this

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #830
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Deleted scenes are not part of the continuity.

Let it go shipper. Part of continuity or not, it proves the writers intention. Which proves that no retconning was involved.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #831
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
why not?

you'll get this

It just doesn't really interest me.

If there's something "Oscar" related I want to see this year, it's Wolf of Wall Street.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #832
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
It just doesn't really interest me.

If there's something "Oscar" related I want to see this year, it's Wolf of Wall Street.
Not even with that amazing cast??

I wonder if Amy is gonna finally get an oscar next year
She's the female Di caprio

TRUEBLOOD
Old 09-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #833
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Not even the cast makes me all that interested.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #834
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
I don't want to sound like an ass, but her face in general seemed a bit swollen in this face. Might just be post-pregnancy blues.
Yeah. Kind of. It wasn't deformative or anything, just something I wish hadn't been there.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #835
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

For 90% of those 6 years they knew each other he was either with Lana of pining for Lana. Clark proposed a few episodes after they got back together after their breakup in S9.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #836
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
For 90% of those 6 years they knew each other he was either with Lana of pining for Lana. Clark proposed a few episodes after they got back together after their breakup in S9.
Yes , I wasn't saying anything other than that, what I meant was that they were 2 people who knew each other for 6 years, and he proposed to her after a year and a half of dating her.
The "break up" was a joke, they were still flirting, slow dancing together, saying "I'll pass up this job oportunity and I will do anything to be with you" holding hands and were about to kiss during their so called "break up". It was a joke.

Proposing to a woman you've been friends with for 6 years and who you've dated for almost a year and a half (with ups and lows in your relationship) doesn't count as something out of this world crazy. You're saying it came out of nowhere like they got together 5 episodes before he proposed, when there was a whole year and a half of dating.

TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 09-21-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #837
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
How did the proposal come out of nowhere when Clark and Lois had known each other for 6 years and were dating for a year and a half before he proposed?
Anyway, this isn't the smallville forum, I'm sure there are other places for those kind of discussions

Why not let em go on about how they've been persecuted or wronged in some heinous way? It's funnier.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #838
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by szetsilya View Post
for 90% of those 6 years they knew each other he was either with lana of pining for lana. Clark proposed a few episodes after they got back together after their breakup in s9.
lol.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #839
Dagenspear
Banned User

I know. I know. Topic. So, I hope Amy gets to play a real character in her next movie. And BVS.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #840
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_champion View Post
superman returns, xmen 3, and spider man 3 have more human elements in them, and actual character arcs. To take the example of xmen 3, phoenix goes completely off the rails at the beginning, she kills cyclops, logan tries to help her but doesn't succeed at first, xavier tries to subdue her and to keep her sane but she kills him too, at the end of the movie everything is going to hell but her love for logan brings her back. That's called an arc.

Dumb idea for an origin story, failed execution, and the end result is that wb doesn't want to fund a superman-only sequel.

mos would be getting a sequel if it had been a better movie, that's my point.

Look at this list again:
  1. dark knight, 94%, 288 reviews, got a sequel
  2. spider man 2, 94%, 248 reviews, got a sequel
  3. iron man, 93%, 243 reviews, got a sequel
  4. the avengers, 92%, 301 reviews, got a sequel
  5. spider man, 89%, 224 reviews, got a sequel
  6. dark knight rises, 88%, 304 reviews
  7. x men: First class, 87%, 243 reviews, got a sequel
  8. x men 2, 87%, 224 reviews, got a sequel
  9. hellboy 2, 87%, 209 reviews
  10. batman begins, 85%, 265 reviews, got a sequel
  11. x men, 82%, 243 reviews, got a sequel
  12. hellboy, 81%, 196 reviews, got a sequel
  13. captain america, 79%, 220 reviews, got a sequel
  14. iron man 3, 78%, 270 reviews
  15. sin city, 78%, 242 reviews
  16. thor, 77%, 261 reviews, got a sequel
  17. superman returns, 75%, 229
  18. iron man 2, 73%, 275 reviews, got a sequel
  19. the amazing spider man, 73%, 284 reviews, got a sequel
  20. the wolverine, 68%, 191 reviews
  21. the incredible hulk, 67%, 218 reviews
  22. watchmen, 64%, 289 reviews
  23. spider man 3, 63%, 243 reviews
  24. the hulk, 62%, 229 reviews, got a sequel
  25. 300, 60%, 226 reviews, got a sequel
  26. blade 2, 59%, 136 reviews, got a sequel
  27. x men 3, 57%, 229 reviews
  28. man of steel, 56%, 271 reviews.
  29. blade, 55%, 84 reviews, got a sequel
  30. daredevil, 45%, 214 reviews, got a sequel
  31. x men origins: The wolverine, 38%, 222, got a sequel
  32. fantastic four: Rise of the silver surfer, 37%, 166 reviews
  33. the punisher, 29%, 167 reviews
  34. green lantern, 26%, 227 reviews
  35. fantastic four, 26%, 202 reviews, got a sequel
  36. sucker punch, 23%, 202 reviews
  37. blade 3, 26%, 164 reviews
  38. elektra, 10%, 150 reviews

of the top-10 films, only 2 films (dark knight rises and hellboy 2) did not or are not getting sequels. Of the bottom-10 films, only four films (blade, daredevil, xmen origins, and fantastic four) did get sequels. So the number of films getting sequels drops from 80% to 40%.

Question: What do you think is the result of this correlation?
one thing that makes rt look stupid... Spiderman 3, x3 and the hulk hahahaha those movies deserved not even 15%... captain america 79%? iron man 2, thor and iron man 3 really deserved that score? BIG LOL Rt critics does the way they like... that's why I don't give a #%%$ for this site...

AND DA CHAMPION.. WORLDS FINEST IS A SEQUEL FROM MOS!!! SNYDER WORDS remember?

to finish.. for your bold part is pure nosense man... those movies are the worst having an arc.. those characters were so bad developed that you don't really know what's about... killing cyclops.. really?? that's human? BIG LOL... remember venom 10 mins.. or emo spidey, phoenix killing professor X and people with no reason... yeah that's logical...

when you compare MOS compare with TDKT, X-MEn 2, Spidey 2, Iron Man, X-men first class... those along MOS are the best talking about arcs.. your argument is not VALID...

MOS HAD A GREAT IDEA.. REFRESHING THE CHARACTER INTO THE MODERN WORLD.. I MEAN THIS IS NOT SMALLVILLE SOAPOPERA OR DONNER FILMS WE ARE IN 2013 AND THE IDEA OF AN ALIEN AND THE REACTION OF THE WORLD THAT CAME WITH THE LEGEND OF SUPERMAN... GREAT EXCECUTION.... RESULT? WORLD'S FINEST WITH MOS CAST!!! AND 670 MILLION BUCKS LEAVING AS ONE OF THE GREAT SUCCESS BO... YEAH WHY DON'T YOU MENTION THE 76% THAT IMBD GIVE THE MOVIE... HOW PEOPLE HAS NO MEMORY (LOIS LANE, OIL RIG PEOPLE, COL. HARDY, GUY FROM THE CHOPPER AND THE WHOLE WORD ARE NOT TAKING CARE OF THE WORLD)

MOS WAS A SUCCESS... DEAL WITH IT...

Last edited by John-An; 09-21-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #841
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLantern View Post
Just a note, hero. The majority of the critics didn't mention the criticisms you're accusing them of having raised. If you'd take the time to actually read the reviews, you'd find that the excessive action, derivative nature of the material and general blockbustery nature is what put critics off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Be that as it may, and this is a argument that i had made on the MOS board as well, I honestly can't see on why MOS has garnered as much criticism as it has from critics considering on how much leeway was given to previous comic book films.
It's also worth noting that MOS was not universally rejected by the critics themselves. The film evoked a polarized reaction, yielding "mixed" reviews. So, to suggest that "well trained experts" largely had a problem with it isn't entirely true; some of them found MOS to be quite entertaining. Here's a quote from MaryAnn Johanson, (a critic who, despite having serious problems with both Zack Snyder's 300 and Sucker Punch), gave MOS a glowing review): "Towers with ambition, swelled by sweeping philosophies about power and presence on scales both planetary and personal, beautifully balanced by a wellspring of wry tragedy." Additional positive reviews are out there as well.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #842
The Guard
Side-Kick

That reviewer sure does enjoy alliteration.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 09-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #843
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one as well.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #844
Xandrea
Side-Kick

Quote:
For me it was the proposal in s10 that came out old nowhere. It just came off to me as the writers desperately trying to make up for making Lois look like a consolation prize.
Lana was portrayed as the doomed romance that Clark was foolishly clinging to long after he should have moved on. Lois was heavily hinted at as "the one" since almost the moment she showed up.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #845
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandrea View Post
Lana was portrayed as the doomed romance that Clark was foolishly clinging to long after he should have moved on. Lois was heavily hinted at as "the one" since almost the moment she showed up.
That's another thing being done better in MoS than in Smallville, there is no idiotic concept/imagery about "the one". Lois is merely off to a really good start with Clark and they're attracted to each other. We're not being told that she's his destiny (even though that's a plot requirement).

Old 09-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #846
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
AND DA CHAMPION.. WORLDS FINEST IS A SEQUEL FROM MOS!!! SNYDER WORDS remember?
You know how stupid the use of CAPS LOCK looks?

Anyhow, World's Finest and Justice League are as much a sequel to MoS as Avengers is a sequel to the incredible hulk, and I listed the incredible hulk as not getting a sequel. Fact is, Batman will get 50% or more of the screen time. Ben Affleck will get first billing, and Henry Cavill will get second billing. Lois Lane will be the third character at best, possibly the 4th character behind Lex Luthor... that's not a Superman movie.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #847
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
For me it was the proposal in s10 that came out old nowhere. It just came off to me as the writers desperately trying to make up for making Lois look like a consolation prize. "Look he may want Lana but he's going to marry Lois....7yrs after he proposes".
I hate the mind rape on Lois more than the one in Pandora because almost everyone was in on it. They used her as a crystal ball and then never told her about it. It's just another example of everyone on Smallville collectively lying to Lois and keeping her out of the loop. I hated it when she was the last one to know who Green Arrow was, I hated that she was the last one to know the truth about Clark and I hate that they steal Lois memories in Pandora and just send her on her merry way. This is why I always feel Lois was so disrespected in Smallville.
I share all your concerns, but not the wedding proposal. My level of caring was so low at that point that I was not able to care in season 10, though I did try and watch the occasional episode. I don't even remember what the season finale is about, something about a CGI suit and Clark lifting a planet (what?), an unromantic wedding with Oliver as best man, and then Chloe is reading a comic book. I think Smallville had a decent thing going with Lois, but they really dropped the ball in later seasons. Ultimately, seasons 8,9,10 were so bad that this comes out to be the absolute worst Clois romance I've seen, which is too bad as Erica Durance was good for the role.... though Tom Welling was not. He sucks.

I hope that Goyer and Snyder never disrespect the character of Lois Lane remotely as bad as Smallville did. So far, so good. Amy Adams' portrayal is thus far that of a respectable and respected character.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 09-21-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #848
kvz5
HBIC

Amy reading as Rachel Dawes during Bale's Batman audition:

http://touch.dailymotion.com/#/video...uit_shortfilms

There was an interview with her before (during the junket for The Fighter) where she said she cried at Bale's audition.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #849
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
You know how stupid the use of CAPS LOCK looks?

Anyhow, World's Finest and Justice League are as much a sequel to MoS as Avengers is a sequel to the incredible hulk, and I listed the incredible hulk as not getting a sequel. Fact is, Batman will get 50% or more of the screen time. Ben Affleck will get first billing, and Henry Cavill will get second billing. Lois Lane will be the third character at best, possibly the 4th character behind Lex Luthor... that's not a Superman movie.
yeah man. what you are saying... I´ve heard in some "comic-con" announcement that Batman vs Superman is a sequel from man of steel and that doesn't mean Batman has more screen time... Diane Lane, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, HERNY CAVILL of course we are talking about a Superman sequel with Batman at least 50/50 (Have you seen world's finest animated that was from SUPERMAN ANIMATED SERIES? I see a similar way.. don't know if they're gonna be with same villains...)but don't expect the origin of batman here or you're gonna be disappointed... man you have to document yourself better..

Last edited by John-An; 09-21-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #850
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
yeah man. what you are saying... I´ve heard in some "comic-con" announcement that Batman vs Superman is a sequel from man of steel and that doesn't mean Batman has more screen time... Diane Lane, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, HERNY CAVILL of course we are talking about a Superman sequel with Batman at least 50/50 (Have you seen world's finest animated that was from SUPERMAN ANIMATED SERIES, I see a similar way.. don't know if they're gonna be with same villains...)but don't expect the origin of batman here or you're gonna be disappointed... man you have to document better..
Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne might have even less screentime in the second one than they did in the first. Pepper Potts also showed up in the avengers.

I'd like it to be an MoS sequel, that's why I started the thread arguing for no additional villains. However, I'm expecting either Mr. Freeze or Lex Luthor or Metallo or whoever to show up, in which case, it's no more a MoS sequel than Avengers is an incredible hulk sequel.

Closed Thread