Catwoman 1 0.42%
Other 12 5.00%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #376
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

LINK

Love this article and film layout. Good read.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #377
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Riddler and Penguin are popular villains Nolan did not use. So there is a good chance they'll bring them in the reboot. Maybe not in the first film but they will be in the new movies, I'm sure. Joker will have his comeback, too. But I guess this time they'll wait until the third film.
But on the other hand: Who was expecting Bane right after TDK?

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #378
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukNoris View Post
LINK

Love this article and film layout. Good read.
Haha. Cranston is considered for every character in the DCU. So he will play Gordon, Luthor and Strange. Plus several other characters. But I agree with the article's writer: Cranston may be perfect for Gordon. But he is a must for portaying a villain - Luthor or Strange.
I'd love to see John Malkovic as Strange, though.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #379
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Even before reading the link above, lately I've been having a feeling that both Hugo Strange and Killer Croc will be in the next solo film. Black Mask and/or the Penguin as well. While I'm sure that whenever Croc does appear, he'll be portrayed as little more than a brute lizard man in the sewers. If he is treated as an intimidating crime lord on the rise hardened by years of abuse and a skin disease as he was originally written as, it would be a dream come true for me. He essentially was what DC attempted with the concept of Bane a decade earlier.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #380
conan69
Cimmerian

Black Mask and Penguin would be best IMHO.

Also if theyre going with Batman being in being experienced, weary and tired, multiple villians should be in existence and gone up against Batman already.

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #381
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Riddler. If only based on a guy I know lol

Narcissistic. Thinks he's an intellectual God among men. Thinks 99.9% people are below him in the intellect and looks department. Can't get on with anybody who he perceives as "thick minded", people that don't share his views and train of intellectual thought. Aggressive if he thinks people don't understand what he's saying - his smart arse babble.

Thinks if you're dumb and lack knowledge knowing how to do things, you deserve to look like an idiot and get hurt.
Needs to win at everything he says or does. Thinks he can read people like books and always assumes the crappiest of them. Puts others down through his own insecurity.

....I personally know someone like the Riddler

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #382
shauner111
Side-Kick

Hugo Strange might be, but im thinking WB will pass on that character since Marvel should be doing a "Dr Strange" movie. If anything they can use him as a smaller character.

Riddler seems to be the guy. WB wanted him for the third Nolan film, ill bet anything they finally get their wish now that Nolan's gone. You guys want viral marketing as huge as TDK's was with the Joker? Riddler is your chance.

But I never truly cared for Riddler though. So the only thing that will get me pumped for that will be an actor who I really dig.

Penguin will always be my first choice. Black Mask is cool too, I can see him in one of the solo movies as a supporting villain, but Cobblepot is the man! He's the one rogue I always wanted to see Nolan tackle. Especially now that ive read "Penguin: Pain and Prejudice" which was a fantastic way to show Oswald on film. I feel like the parallels between Oswald & Bruce are huge and he's a dynamic character. Unlike Sionis who is cool, has the parallels too, but they were always shoved down our throat with the whole "childhood" connection. I never liked that stuff. It always seems forced to add that in to the story when the character has been around for around 45 years (Black Mask debuted in the mid-80s).

Oswald is more iconic in comparison (and came first). Black Mask on the other hand is a little one dimensional. He's more of a visual character who is there to shock people with his violence. There's more to Penguin than that. Even his relationship to Batman is interesting. While Sionis to me always had his best stories when they were involving Catwoman. His earliest issues weren't too shabby either. But the point is..

PENGUIN is the guy they should use.

Last edited by shauner111; 09-18-2013 at 10:13 AM.
shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #383
superhero
Side-Kick

my picks are
PENGUIN
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze
Riddler
Poison Ivy
Killer Croc
Catwoman

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #384
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
my picks are
PENGUIN
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze
Riddler
Poison Ivy
Killer Croc
Catwoman
I would love to see Affleck Tackle a serious Mr. Freeze

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #385
Rorschach2012
$

Arkham City made me want to see that version of Penguin really badly. He'd be high up on my list of villains I'd want to see.

I don't know why, but for some reason Riddler never was my favorite. He's undoubtedly one of the greatest Batman villains, but of the villains that Nolan didn't use, Riddler wouldn't be the first one I'd choose for the next movie.

I actually want to see The Penguin and Mr. Freeze

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #386
the last son
Side-Kick

I personally want a villain never done live-action. I want Killer Croc. A really terrifying version of him. Maybe ventriloquist as a side villain.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #387
shauner111
Side-Kick

Meh ill pass on Croc. He'll just become another Lizard looking villain to the general audience, or a dumbed down Bane if they try to ground him. I don't know. The fantastical monsters are cool in animation but I don't see the appeal in live-action. Croc to me is all visual and zero substance.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #388
Rorschach2012
$

I kinda agree with shauner. not completely though, I'm interested in seeing Croc in live action, it'd be easy to make him look cooler than the Lizard did too. But I see him as a side villain, a henchman like in Azzarello's Joker, not a main villain at all, he's too stupid

Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #389
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Peter Dinklage as the Penguin.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:32 AM   #390
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
Peter Dinklage as the Penguin.
Yes, yyyyeeeeesssssss. It's perfecto. Or Scarface

Old 09-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #391
Oswald
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

Penguin will always be my first choice. Black Mask is cool too, I can see him in one of the solo movies as a supporting villain, but Cobblepot is the man! He's the one rogue I always wanted to see Nolan tackle. Especially now that ive read "Penguin: Pain and Prejudice" which was a fantastic way to show Oswald on film. I feel like the parallels between Oswald & Bruce are huge and he's a dynamic character. Unlike Sionis who is cool, has the parallels too, but they were always shoved down our throat with the whole "childhood" connection. I never liked that stuff. It always seems forced to add that in to the story when the character has been around for around 45 years (Black Mask debuted in the mid-80s).

Oswald is more iconic in comparison (and came first). Black Mask on the other hand is a little one dimensional. He's more of a visual character who is there to shock people with his violence. There's more to Penguin than that. Even his relationship to Batman is interesting. While Sionis to me always had his best stories when they were involving Catwoman. His earliest issues weren't too shabby either. But the point is..

PENGUIN is the guy they should use.
I hope if they're intelligent never use Black Mask, it's a rubbish of character, unidimensional and empty, and it would be the worst Batman enemy (taken seriously, I mean) if it wasn't for Hush, who is still worse, besides a bad copy of him (a copy of a mediocre character, so imagine...).

Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #392
shauner111
Side-Kick

I kinda agree. I mean, he's all visual. He's a cool look, a cool name, a violent character. But so what? He's just an amalgamation of like 4 or 5 different villains. He's not very original or dynamic of a character.

Hush is overrated as hell.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #393
Rorschach2012
$

I like Hush better than Black Mask....
It's just because "Hush" is a better story than ANY story Black Mask has been in. For sure.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #394
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think they can switch it up now and give us a more sci-fi based villain now. It doesn't have to be campy obviously. Gotta step out that comfort zone and not be scared of what B&R did.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #395
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

I think Mr Freeze should be the next main villain but also have a side villain to make up for the crappy ass version of Arnold. After reading, i can see Bryan Cranston or Ben Kingsley for Victor but this time no stupid ass jokes or anything but a serious darker take on Freeze who is stealing for his wife to cure her. The second villain should be ventriliquist or something creepy wise then make a sequel about Batman Beyond.

Silver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #396
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Lantern View Post
then make a sequel about Batman Beyond.
Motion denied.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #397
Rorschach2012
$

Yeah I'd much rather have a new trilogy of modern age Batman films before we see Batman Beyond. I want to see a Batman Beyond film eventually though. Ideally though, I'd want to see a future Batman trilogy.

Start off with an adaptation of TDKR, have the end lead into Batman Beyond, then come out with a Batman Beyond sequel based on Return of the Joker

Old 09-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #398
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

I'd like something to the effect of Under the Red Hood with Jason Todd. That would help establish Nightwing, Robin, and the rest of the Batfamily to the modern movie going audience and it would also be badass!

InnerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #399
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Yeah I'd much rather have a new trilogy of modern age Batman films before we see Batman Beyond. I want to see a Batman Beyond film eventually though. Ideally though, I'd want to see a future Batman trilogy.

Start off with an adaptation of TDKR, have the end lead into Batman Beyond, then come out with a Batman Beyond sequel based on Return of the Joker
If I were in charge of this new DC universe here is how i would plan it.

Beginning Phase
Man of Steel
Worlds Finest
Justice League

Phase 1
Man of Steel 2
WonderWoman
The Flash
Rebooted GL
The Batman
Justice League 2

Phase 2
Aquaman
WonderWoman 2
Green Lantern 2
The Flash 2
The Batman 2
Justice League 3

Phase 3
Man of Steel 3
Wonder Woman 3
Green Lantern 3
The Flash 3
The Batman 3
Aquaman 2
Justice League 4

Then, after all of that has happened, i would start out phase 4 with a Batman Beyond film.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #400
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Getting back to the villains, I really have a feeling we might see Mr. Freeze to start off with a new batman film.

I think they will also have Riddler and Joker in follow up films.