The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #26
king666
(‿)

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

This new Batman (Affleck) is "tired, weary and seasoned", which probably means he's been fighting crime for some time. Let's assume he started out in 2003/2005. In this TV series, Gordon is still a detective at the Gotham City Police Department and is yet to meet Batman.

1980s?

king666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #27
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Gotham Central or bust.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #28
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Problem for me is the chances of the "Smallville" factor coming into play.

If they play it straight,it'll be little more than the average procedural,with some DC name drops.

Or they could introduce watered down versions of villains (Penguin,Riddler,Black Mask,etc,)and we'll be left with Gordon facing most of Batman's villains before he even meets him.

I could do without a series where Gordon doesn't meet Batman til the last scene of the last episode.

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #29
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

If Bruce isn't Batman yet, what do you think he's up to and will he be a character? How will Wayne Enterprises factor into the stories? Is Batman out there and just only awkwardly talked about and never shown?

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 09-24-2013 at 09:49 PM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #30
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

i hear cranston will be looking for a job soon.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #31
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

i prefer this to a flash show on the cw honestly, but that's mainly cause i think the flash deserved a big screen adaptation already.

this is still pretty odd though. will it all be connected to dccu?

Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #32
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Cranston just finished Breaking Bad.

Just saying.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #33
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Thoughts:

-This has the potential to be a critics darling due to how edgy and introspective it will likely be.
-Will probably be more like Year One minus the Bruce Wayne/Batman origin bits than Gotham Central
-Fox still finding ways to stick the middle finger to Joss
-They should definitely try to get this, Arrow, the Flash show, and the DC movies all into the same universe. See what Marvel is doing? That **** is awesome
-They should totally get Bryan Cranston to be Commisioner Gordon if he isn't Lex in the movies
-Great time to be a comic book fan

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #34
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Gotham Central or bust.
I've got a feeling this will more or less be Gotham Central-based. Just with a different title and Gordon as the lead character.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:02 AM   #35
Masone
Side-Kick

This show needs to be on cable, preferably HBO or AMC. The premise of the show has massive potential, it's Fox and network television that I'm worried about. They are all about ratings and rarely produce great television shows. Give this show to AMC or HBO and watch it win numerous awards. I would even settle for FX.

Last edited by Masone; 09-25-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #36
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Michael C Hall for younger Gordon on TV

Cranston for older movie Gordon.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 09-25-2013 at 01:55 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #37
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

This just feels off to me. With no "freak" criminals or super hero vigilantes it's just another Cop show, one with a beloved character in Gordon, sure, but still... What's the hook? Gordon's rise through the ranks? He won't get far cuz it's his partnership with Batman gets him to greater authority. Gordon's home life? Seeing a fictional city in a superhero universe WITHOUT it's resident hero? At least Smallville actually had Clark Kent doing superhero stuff. The proof off the pudding is in the tasting, but this sounds not at all thought out.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #38
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
This just feels off to me. With no "freak" criminals or super hero vigilantes it's just another Cop show, one with a beloved character in Gordon, sure, but still... What's the hook? Gordon's rise through the ranks? He won't get far cuz it's his partnership with Batman gets him to greater authority. Gordon's home life? Seeing a fictional city in a superhero universe WITHOUT it's resident hero? At least Smallville actually had Clark Kent doing superhero stuff. The proof off the pudding is in the tasting, but this sounds not at all thought out.
Didn't the press release say that they're going to have Batman's rogues gallery? origin stories?

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #39
Tra-El
Side-Kick

It's happening, guys. The DCU is being written and we're going to have our first television meets cinema collision course. Arrow/Flash. Gotham? In Superman/Batman, the Bat is "old; wise. Battle-beaten." Gotham is an origin, a prequel. This is the world Bruce will come from. Come on now, this is ALL going to build up to Supes/Bats 2015 and explode from there.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #40
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I do find it a little hard to believe they'd be setting up one shared universe (Superman/Batman), another shared universe elsewhere (Arrow/Flash) and then just have this thing hanging out there randomly.

It'd be kind of cool if they filmed at least the pilot in Detroit.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #41
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Well it being on FOX at least means it's casting and production values will be on par with X-FILES/FRINGE/ALCATRAZ/THE FOLLOWING ect. On that end it's at least bound to be better all around than SMALLVILLE/ARROW on CW. Just put me in the hopeful but skeptical camp for now. (I aint knocking everything about ARROW. I like the action, the main lead and most of the "older" supporting cast. Everything else? Not exactly blowing up my skirt. )

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #42
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Second page in and only one mention of 'Cranston' and 'Hall'.

Standards are slipping here...

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #43
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So now we have a show about Green Arrow out there, one that's been proven to be somewhat popular with the fans and GA (well considering that it's a CW show) and we're going to be getting a show about the Flash that's based within the same continuity as Arrow and now we're going to have a show about Gordon in his days before he met "Batman".

DC/Warner Bros. might as well establish that all of this is within the same continuity as MOS to save them to the trouble of having to create a larger universe on the big screen in order to make a JL film.
Agree! DC wins when it comes to TV, however Marvel's off to a good start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Problem for me is the chances of the "Smallville" factor coming into play.

If they play it straight,it'll be little more than the average procedural,with some DC name drops.

Or they could introduce watered down versions of villains (Penguin,Riddler,Black Mask,etc,)and we'll be left with Gordon facing most of Batman's villains before he even meets him.

I could do without a series where Gordon doesn't meet Batman til the last scene of the last episode.
Yeah, I felt this show was a little unnecessary but if it ties into the burgeoning DCCU then ok. But seriously... him of all the characters in the DC universe? They could have chosen another superhero property worth doing. Another show on a second tier superhero would've been better like Shazam/Captain Marvel for example. I can't really see much from Gordon. I'll give it a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
It's happening, guys. The DCU is being written and we're going to have our first television meets cinema collision course. Arrow/Flash. Gotham? In Superman/Batman, the Bat is "old; wise. Battle-beaten." Gotham is an origin, a prequel. This is the world Bruce will come from. Come on now, this is ALL going to build up to Supes/Bats 2015 and explode from there.
Let's hope so

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #44
Lord
All Mighty

Hope they're smart enough to keep this in continuity with the movies, but not have Gordon face every Batman villain before Batman actually appears. Would be interesting to have Gordon lose most of the time due to the corruption in the city, would then make sence for Batman to make a change.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #45
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Gotham sadly is giving me a Birds of Prey vibe but I will at least tune in for the piolit

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #46
Glassjaw
In training

I think it could be great. It should be a much darker show then the other WB tv shows, since Gotham should be a great setting for a cop/detective show. If this ends up being a mix between something like Dexter and CSI, set in the DC universe, count me in.

One thing that seems weird and bothers me is that rather then pooling all these films and shows into one universe, I get the impression theyre all seperate properties (besides Arrow and The Flash tv show) and it's going to get all very muddled once the films enter the Batman/Superman era.

If that films Batman is a seasoned veteran then so is Gordon, yet this show has young Gordon. It seems WB just aren't interested in one definitive on screen version of their universe like Marvel

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #47
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

How is this a response to agents of shield? Some of you lost me with that

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #48
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
How is this a response to agents of shield? Some of you lost me with that
It's a TV show set in the DC comics universe about non-super hero investigators dealing with crimes in that world with no established super heroes in the main cast.

Also the news was leaked the night Agents of SHIELD came out.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #49
Mr.M
Side-Kick

This absolutely, positively, unequivocally CANNOT be part of the burgeoning DCCU. A realistic Gotham crime drama set in the world of Superman, where half of Metropolis went up in rubble? Doesn't work. I don't care for Arrow/Flash and don't really know how grounded those shows are. Do the producers have rights to incorporate this show into Arrow/Flash universes, seeing that Fox exclusively won the bid? Think we need answers as to how flexible they really are with this. A Nolan prequel would be a pointless exercise as well. That universe is done. There is nothing fascinating pre-Batman Begins that wouldn't be your standard NYPD drama. I think it just needs to be a stand alone like Smallville.

Last edited by Mr.M; 09-25-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #50
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
It's a TV show set in the DC comics universe about non-super hero investigators dealing with crimes in that world with no established super heroes in the main cast.

Also the news was leaked the night Agents of SHIELD came out.
I'm not seeing it either. This doesn't even sound like it will be connected to the film universe at all, and DC has been in live action comic book shows for awhile now.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote