The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 09-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #76
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Im not a big fan of Fox but im really happy it's not some CW show. Im almost certain Flash is going to be a crappy series. The less connected this is to CW's shows the better.
Yeah, I do have a hard time taking CW shows seriously. Everyone keeps saying Arrow is great, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #77
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah, I do have a hard time taking CW shows seriously. Everyone keeps saying Arrow is great, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it.
Can't bothered to watch Arrow but I'm all over the new Flash series. I freaking loved the 90's Flash series as a kid and if they can recreate that magic I'm down for that series.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #78
Dk1201
Side-Kick

I enjoy Arrow and Will check out both The Flash and Gotham

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #79
Andreth
Side-Kick

I like Arrow too , it's not emmy material but, so what? it's not bad either.
I'll be watching all these shows

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #80
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think ARROW is half a good show, but all the negative stuff is pure CW. The lead is solid as Ollie and the do some really good action. But for me that doesn't make up for bad casting like Laurel or Tommy Merlyn and the pretty lackluster production values or the need for there to be so much "soap opera" crap in it. Jettison those things or retool them and it would be a good show. As it is... Well I won't hold my breath.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #81
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

SOAP OPERA?!? *claws eyes out*

Because God knows superhero comic books are soap opera-like at all.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #82
Andreth
Side-Kick

lol yeah

I honestly believe that's what is expected in a genre like this. Like I said, so what? I still enjoy it, if you want a series like Breaking Bad go watch Breaking Bad

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #83
king666
(‿)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I think ARROW is half a good show, but all the negative stuff is pure CW. The lead is solid as Ollie and the do some really good action. But for me that doesn't make up for bad casting like Laurel or Tommy Merlyn and the pretty lackluster production values or the need for there to be so much "soap opera" crap in it. Jettison those things or retool them and it would be a good show. As it is... Well I won't hold my breath.
Yep. The first half of S1 was pure CW. But I absolutely loved the second half. Season 2 looks promising.

king666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #84
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

The production values on Arrow are pretty solid, actually.

Honestly, it looks better than Agents of SHIELD visually.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #85
Loki882
Side-Kick

No, it doesn't. Arrow looks great, but AOS is movie quality production wise. Anyways, Tommy was one of the best characters on that show. Also, if you don't watch the show, then you shouldn't be commenting on its quality, which is really good btw. From what I've heard, this show is about a young Gordon, without Batman appearing, at least initially. I'm not sure how much it would affect the movie given that fact. It may introduce some villains, that's a possibility.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #86
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

There's good comic book "soap" and there's bad CW style "soap".Unfortunately,Arrow had more of the latter in the first season.There's every chance for that to change this season,but I wouldn't count on it.

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #87
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

I couldn't get into Arrow. I found their version of Ollie too dull. I get they're going for a darker take but it felt like he lacked personality to me.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #88
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
The studio/network for this Gotham show is crossing their fingers this show will last just riding on the fact that it's called/based in Gotham. As a few others have said, Gordon isn't going to keep this show a float. People that make up the general audience, unlike us comic fans who like stuff like Gotham Central(which had Batman's freak villains, which is what kept me reading), want Batman. I don't think this show is going to last very long unless the writing and events that go on are outstanding.
You took the words right out of my mouth. A show set in Gotham without Batman sounds like a ratings disaster to me.

Quote:
I think some are drawing a line between what they consider CRIME DRAMAS, like Breaking Bad, Justified The Shield and CASE OF THE WEEK CRIME PROCEDURALS like CSI, Bones, Law and Order and their ilk. My druthers would be more of a CRIME DRAMA.
How many crime dramas, as you've defined them, have been on broadcast, though? I'd feel better about Gotham if it were on cable. As it is, I fear we're going to get something closer to Law & Order.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #89
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Can't bothered to watch Arrow but I'm all over the new Flash series. I freaking loved the 90's Flash series as a kid and if they can recreate that magic I'm down for that series.
Same here.It's my all time favorite show.But I'm not going to set my expectations too high.CW ain't gonna look toward the 90's series for much ( if any) insperation.

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #90
Caped Crusader
The One Man Who Beat You

I said this in the other thread..

You know what will be very interesting to see?..

Seeing Jim & Barbara Gordon happy and who comes to GCPD? Sarah Essen!

I'm so pumped for this! I never watch tv shows & this could honestly be the first show since BTAS I watch religiously!

Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #91
Lord
All Mighty

Funny how now there are many saying the idea of a Gotham Central type of show would be just like any other policial show around, because i remember many talking about how a show like this would be great before this reveal, some even prefered this to one focusing on Batman.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #92
Dk1201
Side-Kick

not me sorry but I prefer Batman shows to be about batman or at least SOMEONE within the bat family heck I would take the CW presents Robin at this point.

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #93
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No, it doesn't. Arrow looks great, but AOS is movie quality production wise.
It certainly has the budget, Unfortunatelly it still loks very very cheap, while Arrow may have a smaller budget it looks more consistent.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #94
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
It would be a nice way to get some characters onscreen we might not otherwise see, or see for a while. Gordon's daughter Barbara, supporting officers from the GCPD, Harvey Dent. There are all kinds of possibilities.
Yes. Show the villains that won't make it into films anytime soon. Like Calender Man or something

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #95
Oswald
Side-Kick

That's doing a series about the far less interesting aspect of the Batman's universe. But faaaaaaaaaaar less interesting. Anyway, I didn't expect much of these people...

Oswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #96
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

The same way Smallville effected Superman Returns....

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #97
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Meh he's very wooden. I cant get into it because im not a massive fan of the character to begin with, but if they had a better actor maybe my mind would change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I couldn't get into Arrow. I found their version of Ollie too dull. I get they're going for a darker take but it felt like he lacked personality to me.
This, exactly.

The show has come cool fight scenes but everything else feels very cheap. Bad acting all around. Too corny for me. Same reason why I wont watch Agents of SHIELD. Not that I was the biggest fan of Avengers, cuz im not, but the long trailer I saw made me . Pure cornball.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #98
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Arrow's pretty good in small doses, or maybe I've luckily only watched mostly good episodes.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #99
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Arrow is a pretty good show. First few episodes are meh, but the second half of season 1 was really well done. It continued to exceed my expectations many times on many things during the second half (though then again, I have low expectations going in).

If anyone gave it a try and didn't like the first few episodes, I recommend they give it another try if they can bear up with the first few episodes (up until around episode 10, though there are 2 really good episodes before the mid-season finale (episodes 4 & 5)). Stephen Amell really improves as the show goes on and Tommy arguably has the best development - he goes from being an incredibly annoying guy that just wastes his screen time to being one of the characters that changes the most and that you care the most about.

Arrow is a good show that has the potential to be a great show if they changed up a few certain things. I also think it's decent enough to not be on the CW and I would also say it's already miles ahead Smallville.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #100
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

The season finale of Arrow blew me away! Friends of mine were texting me saying, "Man! Can you believe that?" If Gotham is going to be a crime drama that explains why Gotham needs someone like Batman to come along and clean it up it has a lot of potential. And if it acts to set the tone of the new Batman movies with the show being the backstory for the Gordon of the new films that'd be too awesome to handle!

InnerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote