The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #926
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

We didn't quite get a clear view of his mouth though. Will it have that crackling red energy and butterfly-shaped mouth?

Old 09-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #927
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
We didn't quite get a clear view of his mouth though. Will it have that crackling red energy and butterfly-shaped mouth?
Yeah, I wish we got the full head, but what we could make out seemed pretty spot on, so I wouldn't doubt the rest to fall in line as well.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 09-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #928
Chewy
REDACTED

lol, the image in Ultron's eye panned over Black Widow, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor

Jeremy Renner sits in a corner, dejected

Old 09-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #929
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Only heard good comments about the Ultron image so far. Can't wait to see it myself.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #930
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Yeah, I wish we got the full head, but what we could make out seemed pretty spot on, so I wouldn't doubt the rest to fall in line as well.

Surfer
They need to learn from the Marvel Legends fiasco some years ago that they shouldn't try to change the classic design of Ultron to something they think is "cooler". That dog faced, then rabbit-eared Ultron figure was almost universally hated, and further compounded by the fact that his glider had a classic Ultron head on it.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #931
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Can I post some HQ screencaps from the iPad app trailer ?

Old 09-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #932
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
They need to learn from the Marvel Legends fiasco some years ago that they shouldn't try to change the classic design of Ultron to something they think is "cooler". That dog faced, then rabbit-eared Ultron figure was almost universally hated, and further compounded by the fact that his glider had a classic Ultron head on it.
You can't beat a classic.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 09-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #933
marcvader
Lurker #1

Sure, JH.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #934
Just_Human
Side-Kick

there you go :

Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #935
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I'm always the minority on SHH when I say this, but I hope they change up the look of his classic face design. I always thought it looked more goofy than menacing.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #936
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm always the minority on SHH when I say this, but I hope they change up the look of his classic face design. I always thought it looked more goofy than menacing.
It's not just about the look

The combination of look,writing, body language and Spader's voice is what going to make him menacing imo

Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #937
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I suppose you'd prefer something like this?

Or this?

Old 09-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #938
Just_Human
Side-Kick

HD Trailer here, with Whedon intro :

http://www.hypable.com/2013/09/25/av...on-footage-hd/

By the way, does anyone knoe if this is an official video, or just a better quality leak ?

Mods, if it's a leak, let me know, I'll remove it

Last edited by Just_Human; 09-25-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #939
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ugh that looks really dumb. Looks like they nailed it in the teaser though.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #940
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Good god, I can't get over how awesome he looks. He looks goofy, just like Ultron is suppose to look. So glad the jack o lantern face seems to be staying (for now)

Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #941
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I think his face looks pretty scary. He has a great design

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #942
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Or this?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

WTF? Who designed that POS? He looks like he's gonna start barking and chasing cars.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #943
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Ultron looks goofy? I always thought he looked very menacing that face is perfect. Why do comic fans hate comics? I don't get it.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #944
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
[/SPOILER]

WTF? Who designed that POS? He looks like he's gonna start barking and chasing cars.
It was Toybiz. They also thought classic Ultron was too boring and wanted to make something "cooler" so came out with that dog faced turd. When it debuted online fans were up in arms at the redesign so they then switched it with that rabbit eared version and fans were relieved that at least it vaguely resembled Ultron. But it was still a POS and completely unsatisfactory.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #945
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I think his face looks pretty scary. He has a great design
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Ultron looks goofy? I always thought he looked very menacing that face is perfect. Why do comic fans hate comics? I don't get it.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #946
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
it's a jack o lantern. it would be plenty scary if it was staring at you from the darkness.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #947
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

It was a very smart move to share the teaser in HD but with the Comic-Con audience in the background. I always wanted them to do that. Very good.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #948
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

HD teaser looks awesome. And goofy? He doesn't look goofy at all.

Dats it!

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #949
Boom
I got nothin'

I'm hoping Whedon has a change of heart and gives us dat Ultron face.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:05 AM   #950
thalidomide
The Enemy

the teaser was awesome but I'm not excited....yet.

Closed Thread