The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #476
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Why am I not surprised that this is a thing? I just came in here to see if that righteous tv spot from last night was online yet.
yes and it is AWESOME lol
I can't seem to get "boot to the Head" out of MY head now tho lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #477
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Uploading a bunch of Wallpapers. I'll post them in the Fanart section. STILL wish we'd get a Warriors Three poster

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #478
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post

Old 09-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #479
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=375925&page=7
Wallpapers are up

hehe love that GIF Teekay lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #480
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #481
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #482
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

what's up with the background?

Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #483
TeeKay
Side-Kick

New featurette that confirms that Heimdall is the one attacking the cloaked ship.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #484
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Awesome man!

Is it just me or did they change how Loki says "After all this time"? Or am I missing something here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTvjFGgGkk 0:09-0:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Ews5UTa88#t=33 0:26-0:30

Old 09-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #485
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Awesome man!

Is it just me or did they change how Loki says "After all this time"? Or am I missing something here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTvjFGgGkk 0:09-0:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Ews5UTa88#t=33 0:26-0:30
Yep, sounds like they did.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #486
Figs
Side-Kick

Although I'm really excited for this film and that shot of Thor hitting Mal in the head is badass, I'm still worried that there might be a good number of scenes on Earth. Personally, once Jane goes to Asgard, I think the film should only take place in the other realms. We got enough of Earth in the last movie and there are numerous realms for them to explore.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #487
ctsketch
Side-Kick

We already know the final battle is on earth

Old 09-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #488
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Final battle may take place in multiple realms. It seems like Thor and Malekith kind of fall from the sky there. Didn't see anything in that shot they could have fallen from.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #489
BoredGuy
Killing Time

it would be awesome if they were zapping back and forth between all nine realms during the final battle
there'll never be enough time to explore them all, so may as well throw in glimpses

Old 09-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #490
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
it would be awesome if they were zapping back and forth between all nine realms during the final battle
there'll never be enough time to explore them all, so may as well throw in glimpses
it would be.....

Old 09-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #491
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Final battle may take place in multiple realms. It seems like Thor and Malekith kind of fall from the sky there. Didn't see anything in that shot they could have fallen from.
If you watch the spot in slow mo you can see the cars, Thor, and Malekith just appear out of thin out like they were teleported there.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #492
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Although I'm really excited for this film and that shot of Thor hitting Mal in the head is badass, I'm still worried that there might be a good number of scenes on Earth. Personally, once Jane goes to Asgard, I think the film should only take place in the other realms. We got enough of Earth in the last movie and there are numerous realms for them to explore.
I think I read somewhere that it's 50/50. Apparently Darcy gets more to do and she stays on earth, we know there's beginning stuff on earth for a little, as well as the final battle on earth. Plus whatever it is that Darcy is doing, I think it does fall 50/50 instead of the 80/20 of the first movie.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #493
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

One thing I wanna see is a fantastical looking realm besides asgard. The world of the dark elves is pretty bleak looking. I wanna see something very fantasy inspired. you know, greenery and waterfalls and mountains and such, with mythical beasts runnin around. Maybe thats just me

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 09-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #494
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Yep, sounds like they did.
But why lol?

Man I just saw your old post regarding the changes of Mjolnir. I didn´t see it until now. They changed the hammer a couple times. It looks generally better every time. The uru part of the hammer is hard to see but there are som slight differences especially in the pattern areas and in the grooves.

The big changes that have come involve the handle. It´s hard to explain but the handle is darker and they added a thing at the top of the handle. The pattern surrounding the handle is more shiny and looks more elegant. The more obvious things I´ve noticed so far about the TDW hammer is that they changed the depth of the shiny pattern things outside/surrounding the handle, made the handle(and the wrist leather band) much darker and the bottom of the handle has a piece with a new shape.

It might be an illusion but I feel like they might have made it just a bit longer. That might be a result of going with a darker handle which makes the handle look thinner which can result in it looking longer. Personally I think that the Thor 2 hammer looks more realistic. You/I get the feeling that it has been done by proffesionals even if the new look actually deviates more than the first handle look did from the look in the comics with leather.

Last edited by Mightyally; 09-26-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #495
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
But why lol?

Man I just saw your old post regarding the changes of Mjolnir. I didn´t see it until now. They changed the hammer a couple times. It looks generally better every time. The uru part of the hammer is hard to see but there are som slight differences especially in the pattern areas and in the grooves.

The big changes that have come involve the handle. It´s hard to explain but the handle is darker and they added a thing at the top of the handle. The pattern surrounding the handle is more shiny and looks more elegant. The more obvious things I´ve noticed so far about the TDW hammer is that they changed the depth of the shiny pattern things outside/surrounding the handle, made the handle(and the wrist leather band) much darker and the bottom of the handle has a piece with a new shape.

It might be an illusion but I feel like they might have made it just a bit longer. That might be a result of going with a darker handle which makes the handle look thinner which can result in it looking longer. Personally I think that the Thor 2 hammer looks more realistic. You/I get the feeling that it has been done by proffesionals even if the new look actually deviates more than the first handle look did from the look in the comics with leather.

I dunno, they did it in the re-shoots. Eh jeez man you pay attention to the details on Thor's hammer :') I never notice those changes, it looks the same to me all the time lol xD

Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #496
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
One thing I wanna see is a fantastical looking realm besides asgard. The world of the dark elves is pretty bleak looking. I wanna see something very fantasy inspired. you know, greenery and waterfalls and mountains and such, with mythical beasts runnin around. Maybe thats just me

It's the land of the Dark Elves, why would you expect to see greenery and waterfalls. That's something you would find in either Midgard, Asgard or Álfheimr.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #497
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
I dunno, they did it in the re-shoots. Eh jeez man you pay attention to the details on Thor's hammer :') I never notice those changes, it looks the same to me all the time lol xD
Hmm. I think it sounded better before but it´s safe to say that they are in a position to make a better call than me on this lol Yes I do pay attention but I´m sure you would have noticed it if you just tried to

Old 09-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #498
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
I think I read somewhere that it's 50/50. Apparently Darcy gets more to do and she stays on earth, we know there's beginning stuff on earth for a little, as well as the final battle on earth. Plus whatever it is that Darcy is doing, I think it does fall 50/50 instead of the 80/20 of the first movie.
Damn. Too bad it's not 80/20 like the first movie, but the earth scenes make up the 20.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #499
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:

It's the land of the Dark Elves, why would you expect to see greenery and waterfalls. That's something you would find in either Midgard, Asgard or Álfheimr.
lol, dont give that look TeeKay. I meant i want to see other worlds that are more bright and fantasy-ish.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 09-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #500
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Damn. Too bad it's not 80/20 like the first movie, but the earth scenes make up the 20.
They probably didn't want to disconnect it too much from earth and lose some of the GA. I can understand that even if I also want more of the realms. But 50 is more than the 20 of last time. By that math, we should be at 80 for the other realms on Thor 3