The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Misc. Comics

Old 09-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
SpiderTime
Blinky Productions

Default Dangerman (Power From Pain)

Hey everyone, I have just completed work on my newest comic book, DANGERMAN. It is a a live action comic entirely comprised of photography. As I prep for publishing I am looking for comic reviewers interested in taking a sneak peak at my book. If you are interested in reviewing DANGERMAN, please email me at:

blinky500@yahoo.com

Put DANGERMAN in the subject line and send me a link to any websites or blogs you write for and I will happily send you a copy of the book for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks.

Like Dangerman on Facebook

Blinky Productions
SpiderTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #2
Dangerman
the end is nigh

Default Re: Dangerman (Power From Pain)

You know I created this hero back in 5th grade along with Danger girl. I am 32 now but I still remembering this like it was yesterday. I wish I had taken my mothers advice and copyrighted and trademark them when I had the chance.

Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
SpiderTime
Blinky Productions

It's very hard to say you created the character since there was a TV series in the 60's called Danger Man, and a comic book in the late 90's called Danger Girl. As far as my book is concerned, I am pretty sure while the name may be the same, the concept is entirely different. The easiest example I can offer is the shared name of Captain Marvel between DC and Marvel. Two incredibly different characters with a similar name.

Blinky Productions
SpiderTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
Shasta

I sent for the book but have not yet received and read it so these comments might be premature but I am going to venture an observation based upon what I observe. Apparently the tactile nerve damage plays a key role in Dangerman's addiction to adrenaline and even pain. In a previous communication I mentioned that I am a psychotherapist. I have always had an interest in people's perceptual experience is affected by their neurological condition and how both interact with their identity and value system. Once he has taken the pill Danger Man manifests characteristics similar to a person in a manic state. I have not only observed this in my clients but, since I myself also have Bipolar Disorder, I have personally experienced it; especially in the early days of treatment. Unlike what some people think, the disorder does not merely produce an "up" or "down" phase but just about any mood in any combination and at any level of energy. Dangerman's mood reminds me of that particular state that is equal part anger and euphoria super-charged with an intensity of energy that can scarcely be contained. It is like what Banner said in the first Hulk movie about "right before it takes over and he loses control I like it." There is also a dysphoric negative kind of rage that is very unpleasant for the one who has it but I do not see that. The euphoric rage is primal bestial, unhibited. The one thing you are not is afraid. On the other side the disorder sometimes shuts down the emotional system and a person becomes unresponsive to anything. They cannot feel love, joy, loss or pain. Most people who have experienced that numbness say they would rather feel emotional pain than that. They talk about feeling hollow, empty, unreal, as if they were a shell or one of the walking dead. This seems to correlate to Dangerman's nerve-damaged state.

If this is a fair analysis then the pill would be powerfully addictive; especially if he periodically returns to the numb state. There is no contentment in between those extremes so I predict your Dangerman could never be at peace as an ordinary person in ordinary life. He would play his role out until forcibly stopped.

Shasta is offline   Reply With Quote