The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 09-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #101
Donut
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

I can dig it. We can see Rahs & Thomas Wayne etc

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #102
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Thomas? Maybe but I doubt it. Im thinking it will be much later.

As for Arrow, I might give it one more chance. But ill have to start over. It's been a while. I usually give a series 5 episodes or so. If it doesn't interest me or if I find the acting is atrocious throughout ill ditch it. I wont wait til episode 10 or whatever. If im not intrigued after a good handful of episodes, I wont be bothered.

Even so, the pilot is what I usually go by. Arrow's pilot seemed so generic with bad acting by the lead. It was trying too hard to be like Batman Begins THE CW VERSION! I couldn't really take it.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #103
Rorschach2012
$

I watched six episodes of Arrow then gave up, then started again at episode 13 with Slade Wilson, it gets good after that

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #104
DvilDog
Side-Kick

Sorry guys this is just a no for me. I have got no interest in watching this. I tried so hard to watch AOS last night cause there was nothing else on, but I just couldn't. Doesn't feel right to me.

DvilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #105
shauner111
Side-Kick

So you wont watch it yet you haven't given it a chance...you don't know what it looks like or anything. It's not Agents of Shield, it's Gotham. Who knows what we're going to get.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #106
Rorschach2012
$

All I'm saying is Jim Gordon>Agent Coulson

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #107
DvilDog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
So you wont watch it yet you haven't given it a chance...you don't know what it looks like or anything. It's not Agents of Shield, it's Gotham. Who knows what we're going to get.

I just cant imagine Gotham without Bats. Maybe my opinion will change but for now, the mentioning of the show doesn't even ping my interest in the slightest

Maybe this isn't really the same thing but I can't watch bones because its got Angel in it and all I see is Angel, and I am wondering why he isn't sucking that chicks blood?

Old 09-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #108
shauner111
Side-Kick

Well, Bruce spent many years in and out of Gotham before he was Bats you know...the Wayne's, Gordon, etc are a big part of its history. I personally find Gotham City fascinating and im interested in seeing a prequel to Batman.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #109
DvilDog
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, Bruce spent many years in and out of Gotham before he was Bats you know...the Wayne's, Gordon, etc are a big part of its history. I personally find Gotham City fascinating and im interested in seeing a prequel to Batman.

I understand. Like I said maybe a trailer will come out or a preview and I will warm to it. Lord knows there aren't many shows on the air I like to watch anymore. I already miss Dexter.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #110
Loki882
Side-Kick

Arrow had a great villain and one of the gutsiest season finales in recent memory.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #111
DvilDog
Side-Kick

I liked Arrow just fine.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #112
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I agree that it would get old if every episode was a new freak, but if it's just a crime drama...I'm out. We already have about a dozen of those on TV as it is, and when one gets canceled or ends, another pops up in it's place.
It's about Gordon; it is a crime drama. But I didn't mean just a crime drama. We're talking about a crime drama in the weirdest, creepiest city on Earth, if done correctly.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #113
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Part of what makes Gordon's character interesting is he pretty much plays the straight man to Batman's crazy vigilante type, and their interactions together including with Batman's rogues gallery. Take that chemistry away and all you have is another crime cop drama with the Batman name slapped on it to gain viewers.

I wish I could have interest in this, call me negative but Batman's city and Batman's villains without Batman is quite boring to me, but hey that's just me.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #114
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thomas? Maybe but I doubt it. Im thinking it will be much later.

As for Arrow, I might give it one more chance. But ill have to start over. It's been a while. I usually give a series 5 episodes or so. If it doesn't interest me or if I find the acting is atrocious throughout ill ditch it. I wont wait til episode 10 or whatever. If im not intrigued after a good handful of episodes, I wont be bothered.

Even so, the pilot is what I usually go by. Arrow's pilot seemed so generic with bad acting by the lead. It was trying too hard to be like Batman Begins THE CW VERSION! I couldn't really take it.
What did you think of the episode where Oliver got arrested and is put on trial? That was episode 5. It was the episode that sold me on the show.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #115
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

I personally liked how they put two and two together with Oliver being "The Hood". I thought to myself "finally a super hero show where the cops are smart!" haha

InnerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #116
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerWarrior View Post
I personally liked how they put two and two together with Oliver being "The Hood". I thought to myself "finally a super hero show where the cops are smart!" haha
I haven't watched Arrow, so forgive me, but is that what the media/cops call him? "The Hood?" If so, groan. It's like "the Blur" in Smallville, except worse, since if the writers think it's acceptable to name him based on his clothes, why wouldn't it be okay to name him based on the arrows he uses and then just call him what he's supposed to be called?

Can't wait till they foul up the Flash with this sort of thinking. Vomit.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #117
king666
(‿)

Edit

Last edited by king666; 09-26-2013 at 12:41 AM.
king666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #118
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
I haven't watched Arrow, so forgive me, but is that what the media/cops call him? "The Hood?" If so, groan. It's like "the Blur" in Smallville, except worse, since if the writers think it's acceptable to name him based on his clothes, why wouldn't it be okay to name him based on the arrows he uses and then just call him what he's supposed to be called?

Yep. They actually call him "The Hood".

However, they did say they want to give him the "Green Arrow" name at some point. They said Season 2 will be all about Oliver trying to find a new identity for himself and will become more like the Green Arrow of the comics. Not just a new identity as in a new name, but also as in the way he operates and does things.

Now whether or not they planned this from the beginning or are doing it due to backlash is something that remains unknown.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #119
king666
(‿)

Quote:

"He does need powers to become The Flash," said Geoff Johns. "He will be The Flash" echoed Andrew Kreisberg.

They also said Oliver doesn't want to be called "The Hood" anymore. The S2 trailer teased the name "Green Arrow". So yeah, it's not a definitive thing.

Last edited by king666; 09-26-2013 at 12:37 AM.
king666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #120
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

In one early episode of Arrow, there was some kind of get-together and someone proposed that they call him Green Arrow because of the arrows he left behind, and I believe it was Oliver himself who said that GA was "lame", and they went right back to calling him The Hood. Looks like maybe Ollie might be changing his mind about that name this season.
One thing I would hope they would change is the dark makeup that they have him wearing in lieu of a mask. Give him a proper mask or even glasses like they did in Smallville.

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 09-26-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #121
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

They did a Bat series without Batman before .
It was called Birds of Prey, it bombed .

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #122
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Quote:

Supposedly the Flash series will be a bit more traditional, with him wearing the suit and calling himself the Flash. But it would be funny if they did a 180 on that and gave him the "Blur" treatment. Let's brainstorm on what they could call him.

"The Fast Man"
"The Red Mask"
"The Bolt"
"The Runner"
"The Pocket Rocket"
"The Crimson Tide"
"The Other Blur"

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #123
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
They did a Bat series without Batman before .
It was called Birds of Prey, it bombed .
I remember trying to re-watch that show recently and I couldn't get past the first episode. First of all the characterization of the characters were terrible and they gave Huntress meta-human abilities and claimed that Catwoman had them too. Ugh... And Dinah had telekinesis! Uggggghhh!

InnerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #124
Dk1201
Side-Kick

yeah Birds of prey sucked and this feels that way

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #125
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Supposedly the Flash series will be a bit more traditional, with him wearing the suit and calling himself the Flash. But it would be funny if they did a 180 on that and gave him the "Blur" treatment. Let's brainstorm on what they could call him.

"The Fast Man"
"The Red Mask"
"The Bolt"
"The Runner"
"The Pocket Rocket"
"The Crimson Tide"
"The Other Blur"
I like "The Other Blur" best

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote