The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 09-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #126
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
They did a Bat series without Batman before .
It was called Birds of Prey, it bombed .
Was Batman actually in that? I just remember Jessica Alba being in it.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #127
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston

please

cast

bryan

cranston

plz

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #128
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Supposedly the Flash series will be a bit more traditional, with him wearing the suit and calling himself the Flash. But it would be funny if they did a 180 on that and gave him the "Blur" treatment. Let's brainstorm on what they could call him.

"The Fast Man"
"The Red Mask"
"The Bolt"
"The Runner"
"The Pocket Rocket"
"The Crimson Tide"
"The Other Blur"
Yeah, I've read what they've said about it being closer to the source, but I'm sort of in a "believe it when I see it" position. I believe them when they say he'll where a costume that isn't a hoody and that he'll be called the Flash, but that doesn't tell me that it won't be a compromised, dumbed-down version of the character and his world. Len Snart, CEO of Cold Incorporated, and all that...

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #129
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston please cast bryan cranston

please

cast

bryan

cranston

plz
But will he be the same JG in the movie?

I'd be okay with that

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #130
Saint
The Devil's Robot

I'm curious when this will take place--will it be after the murder of the Waynes, but before Bruce leaves Gotham, or will it be after he leaves but before he returns (as Batman, of course)?

This will obviously inform casting in terms of Gordon's age-range.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #131
Reel
Side-Kick

Make the show like Law and Order except in Gotham with Gotham City characters. I don't want to see any super villains.

Gangster villains like Penguin, Falcone, Black Mask etc are all perfectly fine. I don't want Bane, Joker, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze etc.

All the 'freaks' should emerge around the same time as Batman. I can see the show being set about 5 years before Batman's first appearance.Hopefully Affleck's Batman

Reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #132
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
No. The closest they came was a rather out of focus pic of him for about a second in the opening title sequence, the same for the Joker.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #133
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I think you're thinking of Dark Angel

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #134
The Guard
Side-Kick

Why does this feel like BIRDS OF PREY to anyone?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #135
king666
(‿)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
I'm curious when this will take place--will it be after the murder of the Waynes, but before Bruce leaves Gotham, or will it be after he leaves but before he returns (as Batman, of course)?

This will obviously inform casting in terms of Gordon's age-range.
"After he leaves but before he returns" is the way to go, imo

king666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #136
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

I think if they keep the characterization right and don't eff it up like Birds of Prey and give characters that shouldn't be metahumans powers and give metahumans powers they shouldn't have then things will be O.K.

InnerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #137
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
No. The closest they came was a rather out of focus pic of him for about a second in the opening title sequence, the same for the Joker.
Batman and Catwoman were shown fighting for a good few seconds, in perfect focus.

My LEGO Gallery
Steyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #138
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
"After he leaves but before he returns" is the way to go, imo
Exactly. I don't want Gordon too young so this is perfect. It has to be when Bruce is travelling the world and training.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #139
InnerWarrior
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Exactly. I don't want Gordon too young so this is perfect. It has to be when Bruce is travelling the world and training.
I agree - this is the best bet and most potential time period.

InnerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #140
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
Batman and Catwoman were shown fighting for a good few seconds, in perfect focus.
You could be right, It's been a while since I've seen it. I do remember Joker being out of focus, though.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #141
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Yeah, I've read what they've said about it being closer to the source, but I'm sort of in a "believe it when I see it" position. I believe them when they say he'll where a costume that isn't a hoody and that he'll be called the Flash, but that doesn't tell me that it won't be a compromised, dumbed-down version of the character and his world. Len Snart, CEO of Cold Incorporated, and all that...
Yeah, and unfortunately I could see that sort of thing happening.

The TV show is really disappointing, IMO. I remember when there was that pseudo "announcement" at Comic Con that we were getting a Flash movie, I was so pumped. Then a week or two later, WB is like, "Well, actually, we're launching an Arrow spin-off about the Flash on the CW."

Anyway you look at it--even if you're a big fan of Arrow--that has to be a huge letdown. Because while TV has gotten really good over the past decade or so, let's not kid ourselves. This isn't going to be the Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones of superhero shows.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #142
Lord
All Mighty

Well, i'dd rather get a Flash TV before Justice League than him appearing there first, all that is left is for a Wonder Woman film, then they can release the JL film with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and John Stewart as the Green Lantern. Possibly Martian Manhunter as the plot device to bring the news of the coming threat.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #143
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I like the idea of a shared universe but I have a feeling that none of the CW actors will appear in the movies. I think that's why this Gotham show is debuting on Fox; it will set it apart from those shows because it will potentially tie into the films.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #144
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I like the idea of a shared universe but I have a feeling that none of the CW actors will appear in the movies. I think that's why this Gotham show is debuting on Fox; it will set it apart from those shows because it will potentially tie into the films.
i agree, i think this series will be the first start to a shared universe - it makes sense - have a season introducing batman's world... the villain's, through Jim Gordon - they could introduce the playboy Bruce, via the media in that universe and use Ben's likness. Basically a good cop show, set in gotham and that world, so when Batfleck appears in 2015 people will be like.. ohh ok, so he is from that city, those people etc.

I kinda wish they did an x files stye show and use Jonn J'onz - each episode he could be tracking down an urban legend.. the bat man of gotham, atlanteans, his own backstory of mars etc

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #145
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

I'd like to see Edward Nygma in this, before he becomes Riddler.

He used to be a criminal before assuming that identity.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #146
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

This is just my opinion, but I'd love to see this incorporated into the DCMU. They have the starting point in MoS, so they can plan for the same tone. I think that most of us agree that the dream pick would be Cranston as the lead for both this show and on the big screen.

The more that I think about it, I would be fine for introducing most DC superheroes via tv outside of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I just want that world to be as fleshed out as possible.

*I still haven't caught "Arrow," so I'm not sure how that and their Flash will fit.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #147
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

It's a good idea imo.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 09-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #148
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
This is just my opinion, but I'd love to see this incorporated into the DCMU. They have the starting point in MoS, so they can plan for the same tone. I think that most of us agree that the dream pick would be Cranston as the lead for both this show and on the big screen.

The more that I think about it, I would be fine for introducing most DC superheroes via tv outside of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I just want that world to be as fleshed out as possible.

*I still haven't caught "Arrow," so I'm not sure how that and their Flash will fit.
I too want it to tie into the film, but however they do it, it's going to get so confusing and convoluted quickly. If one tv series ties in with the DCMU, then they all have to essentially.

Okay, they don't have to , but how weird for audiences would it be if say Gotham tied into the movies, but Arrow didn't, despite having two members of the Justice League. Then you have a brand new Flash film establishing the character, right before a different Flash gets his own CW tv series, all the while the Gotham TV show does tie into the films.

It's weird right? I mean can anyone else see Gotham and Arrow, on two separate networks, crossing paths/universes?

Have these projects been dreamt up one at a time, and don't actually add up to anything i.e the opposite of Marvel's playbook?

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #149
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Good points

I'd have them in the same universe. But Gordon doesn't need to cross paths with either Green Arrow (the Hood, sorry) and Flash. Be nice though...

I believe in Batfleck

Old 09-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #150
super85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post

Yup, in a quite horrible voice over/intro before every episode. The only scene with Batman in an actual episode was in the pilot, fighting against Joker with Batgirl.

One version of the intro here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Zbwelmik0

super85 is offline   Reply With Quote