The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #951
afan
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Chills.........

Old 09-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #952
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Ultron looks goofy? I always thought he looked very menacing that face is perfect. Why do comic fans hate comics? I don't get it.
I don't hate comics. Come on, man. I'm a regular on a comic book movie forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I suppose you'd prefer something like this?

Or this?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
it's a jack o lantern. it would be plenty scary if it was staring at you from the darkness.
I don't think so, but like I said, I'm aware that you guys prefer it.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #953
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

That teaser wasn't in HD, and honestly, its very underwhelming compared to what I had imagined in my head.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 09-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #954
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
That teaser wasn't in HD, and honestly, its very underwhelming compared to what I had imagined in my head.
You have to adjust your expectations knowing the use of hyperbole on these types of sights. Example, two posts above yours.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #955
BobJM
Who's Bad?

That was cool and all, but Summer 2015 is too far away for me to get excited now.

We've got too many movies coming out before then that I'm psyched on first lol

Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #956
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
there you go :

I must say, compared to all the variations of Ultron's face we've gotten over the years, here, he really, really looks like, exactly like this

I mean, the eyes especially, same angle of triangle, even has the segmented part above his eyes. Could this statue have influenced his look?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 09-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #957
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

He looks so perfect!

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #958
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

On a side note

FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER Concept Art by Daniel J. Cox

http://filmsketchr.blogspot.ca/2013/...l#.UkSG7VO5_bx

Old 09-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #959
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Call me crazy, but if I were doing Age of Ultron, I would make Ultron a threat that the main team, not including Pietro and Wanda, can't handle alone. And I would, in turn, introduce a team of "New Avengers" consisting of Pietro, Wanda, Winter Soldier, Falcon, and War Machine (As well as, in a perfect world, Spidey ).

No one other than Pietro and Wanda would appear outside of the third act, and they would really serve as a reminder that the team of Avengers from the first film aren't the only heroes out there who could, and would, help in a global crisis such as one Ultron will cause, and it would serve as a precedent for an even wider spread gathering of heroes than that in Avengers 1 that will be needed in the future (the kind that will be needed to stop Thanos).

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 09-26-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #960
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ Maybe.

This is a bit unrelated to Ultron, and more related to SHIELD and the MCU. But I just had a little moment. I think Fury/SHIELD knows A LOT more about aliens, and races, and stuff than we do/think they know. Think about it for a second.

Who do we suppose to be older, Thanos and The Other? Or SHIELD, or Schmidt? Shield is no more than 65 years old.

My point, is that The Other, and presumably Thanos, refereed to the cube as the tesseract. These two ancient beings. SO why is it people of Earth are able to call it the same thing, the tesseract, instead of coming up with some earthly name for it (which is what would probably happen)

My guess is that Shield may have had some info on some things going on in space. Because how would the people of earth know this ancient artifacts name? "His secrets have secrets". Maybe I am thinking too much into it, and it could simply be a name, but I don't know.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #961
marcvader
Lurker #1

Tesseract is an earthly name.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #962
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I think the movie is getting crowded by just introducing Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver so I wouldn't want any other heroes involved. They won't be used well and just take away time for the Avengers to shine, and people wanted more from some of them already in the first movie.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #963
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think the Avengers series will be almost an ongoing thing a la James Bond, where every movie sees the roster rotated. There won't be any numbered subtitles.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #964
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

i was watching ironman 3 on a recent flight, and happy hogun was mentioning someplace (NASA?) having replaced all the staff with robots.. an early ultron reference?
also he wanted to change all the staff at stark industries with robots

Old 09-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #965
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Tesseract is an earthly name.
Completely not the point. The point I am making, is that The Other, a being who is probably at least 1,000 years old, referred to it as "The Tesseract". I don't think he called it that just because the humans call it that. According to The Other, and Thanos, the cube is called the tesseract, and due to their age, it has been called that for a long time.
So, again, how people of earth learn the "correct" name of it?

Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #966
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Completely not the point. The point I am making, is that The Other, a being who is probably at least 1,000 years old, referred to it as "The Tesseract". I don't think he called it that just because the humans call it that. According to The Other, and Thanos, the cube is called the tesseract, and due to their age, it has been called that for a long time.
eh you just gotta go with it. These are aliens from another dimension who just so happen to speak perfect english too

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #967
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
eh you just gotta go with it. These are aliens from another dimension who just so happen to speak perfect english too
No, that's not the point I'm making lol. It's not a complaint. I'm saying that human beings, specifically people of shield, are calling it the same name. So does that mean that SHIELD may have more info on alien races than what we think so far? And could it ultimately lead to SWORD?

Old 09-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #968
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
No, that's not the point I'm making lol. It's not a complaint. I'm saying that human beings, specifically people of shield, are calling it the same name. So does that mean that SHIELD may have more info on alien races than what we think so far? And could it ultimately lead to SWORD?
i just think you're reading too far into it. The Tesseract was titled as such in the MCU lore of Asgardian mythology... thus how Red Skull knew about it... thus how the rest of earth knew about it

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #969
TheFBI
Side-Kick

I'm sure the info got "passed down" Thanos/Odin --> Early Norse--> Cosmic Cube legend-->Red Skull-->HYDRA/SSR-->SHIELD

Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #970
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ That's generally what I figured what happened, if SHIELD doesn't have all that info.

Back to Age of Ultron, when do we think we'll hear from Spader? I am really anticipating an interview.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #971
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Whedon talks A:AoU:

Quote:
"When I think of a great film, I think of something that's either structured so perfectly like 'The Matrix' or made so lovingly like 'The Godfather Part II,'" explained Whedon. "There was haphazardness in the way ['Avengers'] comes together—not just the people, but the scenes. I don't think you’d look at it and go, 'This is a model of perfect structure.' You'd go, 'This is working.' I like it. I'm proud of it and I like its imperfections. The thing I cared most about—making a summer movie like the ones from my childhood—is the thing that I pulled off."
And then later...

Quote:
"I want to be clearer about how I engage the audience, and where I take them," said Whedon. "I want more control visually, more time to prep it. Not that I didn't dictate every shot—I did. But there's only so much you can do when you're making a summer film when the ball is already rolling as fast as it was when I got in. Why do it again if you can’t do it better?"
This gets me excited.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #972
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
You have to adjust your expectations knowing the use of hyperbole on these types of sights. Example, two posts above yours.
You'll never see a better teaser in your life. Watching it was a transcendent experience

Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #973
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Posting the teaser in HD

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #974
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
At the beginning of CATFA, Schmidt told the elderly man hiding the Tesseract that it was the jewel of Odin's treasure room. The Asgardians had visited Earth -- in fact, Tonsberg, Norway where the Cube was found -- and obviously told people there somethings about the artifact that were passed down along with it. The cube's name (tesseract) was known because humans had been told it.

Additionally, the word tesseract is a geometrical term for a 4-dimensional hypercube. Which is (sort of) what the Tesseract in the MCU is, except that it's also a receptacle for energy from outside this universe.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #975
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Call me crazy, but if I were doing Age of Ultron, I would make Ultron a threat that the main team, not including Pietro and Wanda, can't handle alone. And I would, in turn, introduce a team of "New Avengers" consisting of Pietro, Wanda, Winter Soldier, Falcon, and War Machine (As well as, in a perfect world, Spidey ).

No one other than Pietro and Wanda would appear outside of the third act, and they would really serve as a reminder that the team of Avengers from the first film aren't the only heroes out there who could, and would, help in a global crisis such as one Ultron will cause, and it would serve as a precedent for an even wider spread gathering of heroes than that in Avengers 1 that will be needed in the future (the kind that will be needed to stop Thanos).
So essentially Giant Size X-Men 1!

Closed Thread