The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #101
afan
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

^Thanks......but it may not be emphasized enough

Old 09-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #102
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
I for one don't want a bullet-proof Batman.

The suit of necessity would need to be very durable and hence somewhat protective, it's appearance should define that quality (read NOT SPANDEX) but my incarnation of Batman would very rarely if ever be subjected to carefully aimed gunfire. I want to see him nullify gunfire by using stealth and by confusing and disorienting armed opponents. A smoke grenade being the classic methodology.

Besides as has been stated numerous times....no matter how much armor is on Batman's torso, his lower face is always unprotected....making the rationale for extensive armor somewhat frivolous.
This....the Batman I am thinking of doesn't need to be armored because by the time you see him it's already too late.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 09-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #103
DarkKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
No one wants spandex.

Those arguing for a more comic accurate suit are arguing for a bodysuit, more akin to Superman's in Man of Steel, rather than the rubber and/or armored suits used in Batman films so far. Not spandex.

Modern technology, and fiction technology, more than proves that a bodysuit can be used convincingly.
Thank you very much for a more clear and RESPECTFUL way of describing what I clearly misinterpreted through other peoples posts

Old 09-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #104
roach
I am the night

I want spandex....and eyebrows drawn on the cowl....and a little bat on the chest

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 09-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #105
DarkKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I want spandex....and eyebrows drawn on the cowl....and a little bat on the chest
We Have a Winner Adam West welcome back

Old 09-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #106
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
We Have a Winner Adam West welcome back
And it's entirely possible.

Bullets harmlessly bouncing off nanotechnology T-shirts

Quote:
"When a bullet strikes body armor, the fibers of these materials absorb and disperse the impact energy to successive layers to prevent the bullet from penetrating" Dr. Liangchi Zhang explains to Nanowerk. "However, the dissipating forces can still cause non-penetrating injuries which is known as blunt force trauma. Even when the bullet is stopped by the fabric, the impact and the resulting trauma would leave a severe bruise and, at worst, damage critical organs. Hence the best material for body armor should have a high level of elastic storage energy that will cause the bullet to bounce off or be deflected."
Quote:
"We may very roughly estimate the thickness of a possible CNT body armor material composed of several layers of woven carbon nanotube yarns if we can assume that the nanoscale properties can be extended simply to a macroscale case" says Zhang. "We feel this is justified because, when a CNT is grown, its diameter is in nanometers but its atomic structure along its length, in micrometers, does not change. In other words, it is completely different to the metal case of the microstructural change from monocrystalline to polycrystalline."

Taking their assumptions, the researchers estimate that a 600 micrometer thick body armor woven from six layers of CNT yarn Ė the same thickness as a very fine T-shirt Ė is sufficient to bounce off a .358 inch revolver bullet with a muzzle energy of 320 Joules.
Time to bring back the spandex.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #107
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
Is that not what I just admitted to being a possibility in my last post?

As I said "perhaps I misinterpreted some of the other posts. or some of those people were just trolls idk."
Again, people, I was just wanting to post what my speculation was. Seems some of my posts are being taking out of context.
Yes, you did ,and I was just reaffirming that part you at least got right. (Except for the trolls line). Didn't mean to offend, if I did I apologize.

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 09-26-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #108
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
I for one don't want a bullet-proof Batman.

The suit of necessity would need to be very durable and hence somewhat protective, it's appearance should define that quality (read NOT SPANDEX) but my incarnation of Batman would very rarely if ever be subjected to carefully aimed gunfire. I want to see him nullify gunfire by using stealth and by confusing and disorienting armed opponents. A smoke grenade being the classic methodology.
Besides as has been stated numerous times....no matter how much armor is on Batman's torso, his lower face is always unprotected....making the rationale for extensive armor somewhat frivolous.
And the makers of the Arkham games would agree with you as that is one of the major features of the games. The idea is to avoid as much as possible being shot at using stealth and evasion and the like. In the games, if Batman gets in a fire fight, he usually ends up dead, even with his body armor.

*splat*
Old 09-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #109
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyfan866 View Post
no one wants spandex.

Those arguing for a more comic accurate suit are arguing for a bodysuit, more akin to superman's in man of steel, rather than the rubber and/or armored suits used in batman films so far. Not spandex.

Modern technology, and fiction technology, more than proves that a bodysuit can be used convincingly.
this!

Old 09-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #110
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
And the makers of the Arkham games would agree with you as that is one of the major features of the games. The idea is to avoid as much as possible being shot at using stealth and evasion and the like. In the games, if Batman gets in a fire fight, he usually ends up dead, even with his body armor.
Exactly.

And that's something ripped straight from the comics. In the comics, due to his stealth and overall evasiveness, Batman has rarely if ever been shot or stabbed.

Batman's suit has some bulletproof qualities and some armoring, but even still, he isn't gonna survive **** ton of gunfire.

Maybe a single carefully aimed shot. At most.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #111
regwec
Shakespearo

Batman's best defence is the fact he is fictional. Whatever he is wearing is protective enough, or fragile enough for the plot.

So it may as well look nicer than a pile of empty rubber ice cube trays.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #112
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Yeah, like how many times has Batman been shot or stabbed on film while trying to dodge it?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 09-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #113
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Yeah, like how many times has Batman been shot or stabbed on film while trying to dodge it?
He was shot once in Batman89

Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #114
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Old 09-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #115
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
He was shot a couple of times in B89.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #116
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
And by Two-Face in TDK. And he was stabbed in TDKR. And he may/may not have been stabbed in TDK, but I don't think he was (there would have been a splatting sound effect, I think).

And yet nobody cares that Hawkeye is taking on Alien warriors with his arms exposed

Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #117
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Because Hawkeye was adapted straight off the page while every live-action Batman so far was watered down.

That's the reason why so many people think Batman needs "Iron Man armor". The notion that Batman needs that nuch physical protection comes from that image of Batman that the movies have created.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #118
roach
I am the night

Not only will Batman have armor but for the whole movie he'll be strapped into a car seat.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #119
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Batman's gonna have padding so thick that he'll be a human marshmallow

Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #120
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Ideal batsuit for reboot/WF/JL :

Old 09-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #121
Boom
I got nothin'

Made entirely of Kryptonite.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #122
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Ideal batsuit for reboot/WF/JL :

SUPERMAN WILL CRASH THIS SUIT ANYWAYS

Old 09-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #123
roach
I am the night

Ben will wear the Nolan Batsuit, in the Aliens powerlifter while piloting a Jaeger

Old 09-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #124
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Is that Arkham Origins? Because that would work really well with the aesthetics of the MOS-suit. Classic and retro, but with the sleak modern-ness to it.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #125
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Is that Arkham Origins? Because that would work really well with the aesthetics of the MOS-suit. Classic and retro, but with the sleak modern-ness to it.
It appears to be based on the Arkham City design.

Closed Thread