The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #976
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Posting the teaser in HD

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
THAT is Friggin COOL!!!!!!

PLOTZ

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #977
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Still waiting to see what's on the IM3 DVD of TDW.

....to every King.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #978
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
THAT is Friggin COOL!!!!!!

PLOTZ
It is cool. I swear this got me even more pumped for AoU. Well, this and the new SHIELD show. Ultron should be incredible.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #979
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm wondering if there will be alittle over flow of Ultron into SHIELD, like some kind of computer glitch in an inopportune time?

....to every King.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #980
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Wouldnt that mean Ultron already existed?
We dont know that he has been created yet.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #981
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I guess we'll have to wait and see what pops up in Thor and Cap.

EDIT we don't really know that Tony didn't already start working on the AI for Ultron BEFORE IM3 and it get's released that way

....to every King.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #982
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I must say, compared to all the variations of Ultron's face we've gotten over the years, here, he really, really looks like, exactly like this

I mean, the eyes especially, same angle of triangle, even has the segmented part above his eyes. Could this statue have influenced his look?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Nice catch !

If they use that pic as a source material, then there is a good chance his body will look like that too

Old 09-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #983
Boom
I got nothin'

The impression I got from Whedon in the Comic Con interview was that they were going to redesign Ultron somewhat.

Whedon poked fun at Ultron's fixed "screaming" face.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #984
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

EDIT we don't really know that Tony didn't already start working on the AI for Ultron BEFORE IM3 and it get's released that way
We don't know that Tony Stark has anything to do with the creation of Ultron. He might very well just be a victim of it instead of a creator of it.

And I think that the theory that this teaser shows Ultron being "forged" out of the Iron Man helmet has actually been disproven. Iron Man's helmet isn't being "forged" or "re-forged" --- it's being *attacked.* There's actual blades ripping through it, tearing it apart. That's not how you re-forge metal.....if forging was going to be the takeaway from this teaser, it would show the helmet being beaten, hammered, melted down and reshaped, *not* ripped apart with blades.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #985
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

idk about that. But all i got from it, was that Ultron has a new origin, and I am sure there won't be just one person responsible.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #986
Doc Ock
1951-2014

How could a teaser with so little be getting me so excited?! Marvel's execution is perfect, I wonder what this origin of Ultron will be?

Old 09-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #987
Boom
I got nothin'

I'm guessing The Winter Soldier will set things in motion for Ultron?

Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #988
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Had an interesting convo on thee ole Twitter....

What if the person Whedon kills off is Pepper? Yes Paltrow has said she isnt in The Avengers 2 but she might not even know that shes in the story. I mean the main cast doesnt even no the story yet either?

This would definitely lead to a hardcore drinking Tony for The Avengers 3....and that would make Cap kick him off the team. Also would run up Robert Downey Jr's Contract

Old 09-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #989
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Posting the teaser in HD

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
See this all but confirms Stark is responsible for the creation of Ultron instead of Hank Pym.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:40 AM   #990
thalidomide
The Enemy

is JARVIS still going to be Ultron?

Old 09-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #991
Mr. Dent
Banned User

"Still"? We never knew in the first place. And still don't.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #992
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Does anyone know which film Thor was quoted on saying..."After all this time, why return?"...

I can't seem to remember which film he said that in.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #993
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
See this all but confirms Stark is responsible for the creation of Ultron instead of Hank Pym.
This really annoys me. However, as King of the Nerds is going to be directing it, I think it will be well executed.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:09 AM   #994
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I still hope they somehow work Pym's involvement into it. I think it makes sense that Stark would probably be heavily involved. After all, he created amazing suits that could even function on their own and he's created an amazing AI in Jarvis. But I hope he finds some old work of Pym, that allows him to truly create self-aware artificial intelligence.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #995
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I still hope they somehow work Pym's involvement into it. I think it makes sense that Stark would probably be heavily involved. After all, he created amazing suits that could even function on their own and he's created an amazing AI in Jarvis. But I hope he finds some old work of Pym, that allows him to truly create self-aware artificial intelligence.
Why does that matter?

Old 09-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #996
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I agree with Nathan.

Why make an Ant-Man movie after just introducing Ultron. You donīt simply bring in Pym just after having Ultron if they arenīt connected.

I think Dr Henry Pym created Ultron a long time ago. Ultron tries to escape but is limited by the technology cause Pym is still so far ahead of his time. Every time Ultron tries something Pym is there to stop him as well. Tony on the other hand... "I am awesome and Itīs done by me so it canīt be bad" and he has the resources and the brain to evolve Ultron. Stark is perfect for Ultron. He can exploit his ignorance, brain and resources to accomplish his ultimate goal.

The thing is, if Ultron can change the events leading to Tony making him, then he should already be powerful enough and not need Stark. This is why I think itīs all connected to the timegem somehow.

Iīm a huge Thanos fanboy and Ultron is top 5 so naturally I come with these very strange ideas. One thing Iīve thought about is the title tho. Age of Ultron. Why is it his age? I think itīs more about Ultron messing with phase 2 to make it his age.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #997
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
is JARVIS still going to be Ultron?
We have no idea if he was or wasn't.

But if the synopsis listed on IMDB is any indication:

Quote:
As the US Government create a force, known as Ultron, The Avengers are told they are not needed any longer. But when Ultron turns against Humanity, it's time for The Avengers to assemble yet again for their most dangerous challenge ever.
And the casting call description is legit:

Quote:
Marvel Studios and The Walt Disney Studios are now in pre-production on the upcoming sci-fi themed superhero feature film “The Avengers: Age of Ultron”, and casting directors are auditioning actors for starring, co-starring, and supporting roles. The film’s photo doubles and stand-ins for the starring actors, as well as general extras and featured background actors will be cast closer to the start of filming. The locations where outdoor principal photography will take place are in and around London, England. Indoor sound stage filming will take place at Shepperton Studios. Shooting begins in February, 2014.

In “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” Loki is gone and the new villain will be the evil robot Ultron, who has the ability to keep upgrading his own strength, making him extremely fearsome. Tony Stark/Iron Man becomes the unwitting creator of Ultron. The brother-and-sister team of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch become the seventh and eighth members of The Avengers. Quicksilver has extreme speed, while Scarlet Witch can cast spells and has telekinesis ability. Black Widow and Hawkeye will be key figures in the film.
Then no, JARVIS will NOT be Ultron. But, Stark will have had a big hand in Ultron's creation (Odds are that the technology used create JARVIS will have been used to create Ultron). Though, the same could be said for Hank Pym (Perhaps being a key contributor to the create of the technology, but not necessarily Ultron).

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 09-27-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #998
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Jarvis isnīt going to be Ultron, agreed. They could swing Jarvis becomming Vision tho.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #999
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I agree with Nathan.

Why make an Ant-Man movie after just introducing Ultron. You donīt simply bring in Pym just after having Ultron if they arenīt connected.

I think Dr Henry Pym created Ultron a long time ago. Ultron tries to escape but is limited by the technology cause Pym is still so far ahead of his time. Every time Ultron tries something Pym is there to stop him as well. Tony on the other hand... "I am awesome and Itīs done by me so it canīt be bad" and he has the resources and the brain to evolve Ultron. Stark is perfect for Ultron. He can exploit his ignorance, brain and resources to accomplish his ultimate goal.

The thing is, if Ultron can change the events leading to Tony making him, then he should already be powerful enough and not need Stark. This is why I think itīs all connected to the timegem somehow.

Iīm a huge Thanos fanboy and Ultron is top 5 so naturally I come with these very strange ideas. One thing Iīve thought about is the title tho. Age of Ultron. Why is it his age? I think itīs more about Ultron messing with phase 2 to make it his age.
I definitely think Pym will have a hand in creating Ultron. Though, I think that they'll establish that Pym, as well as Stark, were responsible for creating the technology, and in his pre Iron Man days, Stark repurposed the tech to create Ultron, but eventually put it on ice for some unknown reason.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 09-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #1000
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Yeah, no. Re-posting, from five posts above yours:

Quote:
Quote:

We don't know that Tony Stark has anything to do with the creation of Ultron. He might very well just be a victim of it instead of a creator of it.

And I think that the theory that this teaser shows Ultron being "forged" out of the Iron Man helmet has actually been disproven. Iron Man's helmet isn't being "forged" or "re-forged" --- it's being *attacked.* There's actual blades ripping through it, tearing it apart. That's not how you re-forge metal.....if forging was going to be the takeaway from this teaser, it would show the helmet being beaten, hammered, melted down and reshaped, *not* ripped apart with blades.
The teaser suggests that Iron Man is the *vessel* for Ultron's arrival, *not* that Stark creates him. I strongly, strongly suggest that people read Bendis' Mighty Avengers from a few years back, particularly the story arc that featured Ultron taking over Iron Man.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread