The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 09-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #101
Robert Stark

Default Re: Bonus Material on the IM3 DVD&BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
Yeah I don't think it's a location issue, but rather some bug in the app... I don't know... Everything else works fine for me, it's just that it doesn't connect to my home network...
That's weird. My phone and BD player are on the same wifi and it connects pretty much immediately. Maybe restart your router?

Robert Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #102
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

So is the Thor 2 sneak peek any good? I can't afford the DVD yet

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #103
Adamantium
Your King

Its okay. Pretty much what we've seen already. I wouldn't sell anything for extra cash to buy it right now to see it.

I haven't watch the Iron Man Unmasked or the Deconstructing The Air Force One scene yet. The deleted scenes were okay. I'm just excited to see this on my HDTV finally. I love this movie. If little to nothing or things from IM3 tie so vaguely into A2 then it will probably cheapen the movie for me after Phase 2 is all revealed. I'll still love the movie, but it might make me dislike it a little more. I know it was a stand alone film, but it's plot just has to have something integral to do with Phase 2 or at least Phase 3. Fingers crossed.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #104
Adamantium
Your King

Also wanted to add that I am really disappointed that they didn't have some kind of gallery that had all the new armors or showed The Cellar. Very disappointing. I'm willing to bet they just made armors, named a few and just threw them in their for awe effect. The creativity platform was there, but they chose to leave it vacant. Did I mentioned that I am disappointed...I couldn't remember.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #105
seahammer
Side-Kick

So I'm finally listening to the director's commentary on the BluRay, and I have to say that I like hearing what Shane Black and Drew Pearce have to say about the Mandarin/Killian (it's right around where Tony has the panic attack in Rose Hill after looking at the explosion site).

We may have heard it before, but they basically give their rationale for how they created the Mandarin for the film, and why they adapted it the way they did. Pearce even says that he's sorry it upset fans, but hopes that it makes sense to people.

Edit: Shane Black also says that he hopes Trevor Slattery shows up again in the MCU

Read my very long Thor 3 plot pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #106
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Also wanted to add that I am really disappointed that they didn't have some kind of gallery that had all the new armors or showed The Cellar. Very disappointing. I'm willing to bet they just made armors, named a few and just threw them in their for awe effect. The creativity platform was there, but they chose to leave it vacant. Did I mentioned that I am disappointed...I couldn't remember.
Really disappointed with the lack of special features that Marvel is putting out on their home releases now. They seem to have a lot of B-roll cameras filming the BTS stuff for press release stuff that I'm surprised they don't do more with it. It seems after IM2, they just started skimping on stuff and putting all their effort into the Marvel One Shots.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #107
Synaptic Flow
Side-Kick

Bonus features are far too lacking. I blame only Disney for this, not Marvel.

Synaptic Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #108
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
putting all their effort into the Marvel One Shots.
Which is sad. Agent Carter is great. I actually want to see something continue from this...like the beginnings of S.H.I.E.L.D. The others...

Item 47 sucked. Maybe it will play a role later on...time will tell.

And yeah, how hard is it to throw B-Roll stuff on? They don't even have to narrate it. The second screen app is stupid too. I have to have an Iphone in order to have access to a feature on a Blu ray I own. They are so cheap...they keep selling IM1 & 2 on Blu ray for $20. They are 5 & 3 years old now...they need to be discounted. I'm done now.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #109
A Necessary Evil
Peter Parker: Spider-Man

Yeah. I wish we'd get more features like the IM1 dvd. Features on Iron Man's history, behind the scenes with the musical score, more deleted scenes (the ones they released were lackluster, for the most part), more BTS footage, etc; so forth. It's better than the Avengers Special Features.

Missing you, Heath
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #110
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

I agree, I am dispointed in the lack of special features from these recent Marvel Movie releases. Sadly, I think I know the reason behind it. I feel as though they are going barebones with special features on these realese because they plan to do a box sets ( like the phase 1 set with the suitcase and extra bonus features). So they probably are gonna do the same with phase 2 movies and beyond. However, the Marvel one shot Agent Carter is good and the commentary is great. I like how Shane Black explains the reasoning behind the mandarin twist and other insights into the film. The rest of the special features here are so so.

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #111
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I agree, I am dispointed in the lack of special features from these recent Marvel Movie releases. Sadly, I think I know the reason behind it. I feel as though they are going barebones with special features on these realese because they plan to do a box sets ( like the phase 1 set with the suitcase and extra bonus features). So they probably are gonna do the same with phase 2 movies and beyond. However, the Marvel one shot Agent Carter is good and the commentary is great. I like how Shane Black explains the reasoning behind the mandarin twist and other insights into the film. The rest of the special features here are so so.
Probably as good of an explanation as any for them skimping on extras.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #112
A Necessary Evil

The commentary was very fun to listen to. I would still love to see the 3 hour, 15 minute cut too. Shame that (most) of the deleted scenes they showed us were pointless. Really would have preferred anything else other than Joan Rivers/Bill Mahr clips.

Missing you, Heath
Old 10-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #113
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
If little to nothing or things from IM3 tie so vaguely into A2 then it will probably cheapen the movie for me after Phase 2 is all revealed. I'll still love the movie, but it might make me dislike it a little more. I know it was a stand alone film, but it's plot just has to have something integral to do with Phase 2 or at least Phase 3. Fingers crossed.
Since they revealed A2 is going to be about Ultron, Iron Man 3 plot and stuff done in it makes a lot more sense...for example Stark making an Iron Man suit that he doesn't need to be in...im assuming that's the prototype for ultron..and my assumption will be that instead of being iron-man and having the avengers he make ultron the fight battles the world cant...when that goes wrong I guess he will done mark 42 I don't recall it getting blown up at the end...

as for the special features one of the reason I liked getting Nolan Batman Blu-Rays were amount of special features on them and showing how the film was made and some of reason behind what they did...I assume MOS will be relatively the same....Disney could benfit from this I think it make there movies more profitable, Iron Man 2 blu ray has like 90 minutes of special features and there pretty interesting.

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #114
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

He blew up Mark 42 when he put Killian in it. It was destroyed too.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #115
A Necessary Evil

Yep, and I know Feige said he was against it, but I'd love if he made an Extremis suit, but unlike the comics, instead of taking it to better himself and having a new suit, I'd like to see him making it to combat Extremis.

Missing you, Heath
Old 10-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #116
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I asked this question in another thread but it didn't get answered so I figure this is a better place for it.

Does anyone know how many units this film has sold on Dvd/Blu-Rather y?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #117
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Yep, and I know Feige said he was against it, but I'd love if he made an Extremis suit, but unlike the comics, instead of taking it to better himself and having a new suit, I'd like to see him making it to combat Extremis.
I got so excited when I saw the Hulk buster suit - if there's one suit that should have survived it had to be that one /cries
It's appearance in the trailer had me hoping for an appearance of The Hulk for the entire movie - I guess that's why I loved the after credits scene so much

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #118
A Necessary Evil

Actually, Black confirmed in commentary that although it resembles the Hulkbuster, it really isn't. It's just Igor.

Missing you, Heath
Old 11-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #119
BadrHari
Newbie First Class

Does anyone know what dvd has the Iron Man trailers on it ?? Blu Ray? DVD ??

BadrHari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #120
A Necessary Evil

Iron Man, and the Iron Man bluray.

Missing you, Heath
Old 11-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #121
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Actually, Black confirmed in commentary that although it resembles the Hulkbuster, it really isn't. It's just Igor.
In the trailer, when Igor busts through the building, they put the Hulk's roar from The Avengers over it. Thanks, Shane Black...mislead again!!

Edit: Er...um...mislead again...Shane Black...I dare you!! Erm...misLED...again, we were...by things in the trailer...that didn't pan out...in.....the..........film.

Last edited by giveyourself12%; 11-29-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Barely Conscious Posting - BCP...it kills.
giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #122
A Necessary Evil

Missing you, Heath
Old 12-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #123
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Can't believe the price for this hasn't dropped yet, not even a sale price for Black Friday.

20th Century Fox-XM:DoFP -FF -XM:A -W3 -FF2
Sony-TASM2 -TASM3 -V -S6
Upcoming DC Releases
WB-BvS
Shows-A -F -G
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:33 AM   #124
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

I know I'm talking of having incredible patience here but why not just wait for the inevitable Phase 2 boxset?

Sure it's probably not going to see the light of day until 2016 but it'll have all that the individual releases have that is relevant and you wont double dip.

Meanwhile I just PVR the films when they come on tv and watch the one-shots online.

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #125
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Yeah, I'm waiting for Phase 2. I never really waited for Phase 1, but I just didn't own any of the movies and that came out and I'm a sucker for collections like that so I got it. Knowing that that is probably their plan, I shall wait till the Phase 2 Set.

Not too mention, none of the movies are worth owning so far anyway.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote