The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #926
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman

Damn... well it does look like thats what they might have been playing with in this pic.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #927
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
He's clapping his hands together to produce shockwaves in an effort to put out the fire. (I seriously want to see a scene like that in the sequel now.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
What? How did I miss this info? That's would have been a Great scene!
Lol. This isn't from the movie, it is just a behind the scenes shot.

This is likely Cavill just flexing for the picture or he was caught in the middle of stretching routine. I do this for the pecs, stretch the arms as wide as possible and then bring them together. Like a fly without the weights and grip.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #928
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kal-Elle- View Post
Wow, awesome picture above! He looks awesome with a beard, should keep it in real life! At least a bit of stubble, none of this clean shaved nonsense...

I'm SO excited for Feb when filming begins - such a long time to wait. The pics from TMFU are getting me excited though, especially hearing how HC is already training and you can see he's looking broader too - can't wait for set pictures and maybe some of Ben A soon as well, will be wicked to see him get in shape...
Yeah there's going to be no second film slack off. Bale, McGuire, Evans all slacked off on their second appearance as a superhero, Cavill's not about to repeat that.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #929
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Fangirl. ;-) And just because I don't take part in the ritualistic daily slandering of the film doesn't mean I don't have my problems with it. I've even posted some of my complaints. I just think most people's problems are silly, overwrought, fannish nonsense.

Like you, and your incessant fussing over every little detail, and your amazing ability to put a negative spin on everything that has to do with MOS.

I said you pick on everything that has to do with MOS. Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are sort of major components of MOS. Hence my comment on the fact that you complain about everything having to do with MOS.

You make up **** to complain about.

What is remarkable about you is that you manage to put a negative spin on pretty much every comment you have about MOS.

Either you are just a naturally negative person, or you like to complain about MOS. Or both.

Just adding context to your statements, that's all.

Anyway, Henry Cavill is hot. I will take one of him for Christmas, please.
You sound like a delusional fangirl. I am not a fanboy see? My film taste actually could differ very far from fanboy films, but I enjoy the genre and the director.

That doesn't mean I am going to fawn over it. I call a spade a spade, I judge movies as movies, I don't really care about the fanboy ****.

Maybe you need perspective that a major audience has a more complicated reaction to movies not just "ZOOOGMMMZZZ AWESOME" or "THAT SUCKS". It is possible for a mature person to both like and dislike aspects of something.

But I have no interest in perusing a menial spat with you.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #930
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
maybe there's on the Blu ray as a deleted scene...
Quote:
maybe this is a deleted scene that will come in the blu ray.. but who knows...
There are no deleted scenes on the Blu Ray. The extra features have already been announced. There are listed below.

• Journey of Discovery: Creating Man of Steel An immersive feature-length experience that allows viewers to watch the movie with director Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and others as they share the incredible journey to re-imagine Superman.
  • Strong Characters, Legendary Roles Explore the legendary characters of the Superman mythology and how they have evolved in this new iteration of the Superman story.
  • All-Out Action Go inside the intense training regimen that sculpted Henry Cavill into the Man of Steel and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue into his Kyptonian nemeses. Includes interviews with cast and crew.
  • Krypton Decoded Dylan Sprayberry (Clark Kent, age 13) gives the lowdown on all the amazing Krypton tech, weapons and spaceships featured in Man of Steel.
  • Planet Krypton The world's first exploration of Krypton and its lost society.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #931
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

No deleted scenes? That's disappointing.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #932
ArmsHeldOut
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Lol. This isn't from the movie, it is just a behind the scenes shot.

This is likely Cavill just flexing for the picture or he was caught in the middle of stretching routine. I do this for the pecs, stretch the arms as wide as possible and then bring them together. Like a fly without the weights and grip.

Like I said, I wasn't being serious. It just sort of looks that way if you indulge your imagination a bit.

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 09-25-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #933
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post

Like I said, I wasn't being serious. It just sort of looks that way if you indulge your imagination a bit.
Yea that's what I thought.....lol

Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #934
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
There are no deleted scenes on the Blu Ray. The extra features have already been announced. There are listed below.

• Journey of Discovery: Creating Man of Steel An immersive feature-length experience that allows viewers to watch the movie with director Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and others as they share the incredible journey to re-imagine Superman.
  • Strong Characters, Legendary Roles Explore the legendary characters of the Superman mythology and how they have evolved in this new iteration of the Superman story.
  • All-Out Action Go inside the intense training regimen that sculpted Henry Cavill into the Man of Steel and Michael Shannon and Antje Traue into his Kyptonian nemeses. Includes interviews with cast and crew.
  • Krypton Decoded Dylan Sprayberry (Clark Kent, age 13) gives the lowdown on all the amazing Krypton tech, weapons and spaceships featured in Man of Steel.
  • Planet Krypton The world's first exploration of Krypton and its lost society.
Man deleted scenes will come that's for sure... you will see..

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #935
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

I've been lurking on this forum for the past 6 months without joining or commenting - but don't think I will be able to handle the excitement for MOS2/Batman V Superman without having somewhere I can come squeeee like a sad little Beiber girl. So HI.

Just seen this pic of Cavill in Italy, from today I believe... I guess the person here who said he's been training is right as he looks a lot bigger than he did in the early part of the year IMO. Though surely they can't let him get too big until he's finished filming this UNCLE movie? That's not gonna give him long to get to his Supes size, right?

(without wishing to start up those famous 'ohmygod he's too hairy!!!' / 'ohmygod he has chest hair popping out his suit!!!' / 'ohmygod he's losing his hair!!!!' comments - I still think it's so friggin awesome that Superman has a hairy chest. Not sure about the vest tho...)

Anyway, off topic but does anyone know how I can get a profile pic added? Can't see anywhere on my account where I can add a photo - is this like an earned right or something?!

Cheers!

Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #936
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

They'll be covering him up in clothes that hide his fluctuating body size/weight/shape they had to do the same thing for Tom Hardy when he was filming Lawless. Initially he wanted to play the role very skinny, gaunt and emaciated and began to lose weight for the role. He then found out he got the role in The Dark Knight Rises and began training during the filming of Lawless.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #937
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

Some more pics from today... I would say my girlfriend found them for me... but that would be a lie....

Old 09-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #938
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

Shock Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
They'll be covering him up in clothes that hide his fluctuating body size/weight/shape they had to do the same thing for Tom Hardy when he was filming Lawless. Initially he wanted to play the role very skinny, gaunt and emaciated and began to lose weight for the role. He then found out he got the role in The Dark Knight Rises and began training during the filming of Lawless.
True, it must be mad to put your body through such intensity when you have to do things like this and switch between being huge and small on whim. As someone who finds it really hard to gain sizeable muscle mass - or even weight in general - I have crazy respect for what Bale, Hardy and Cavill etc did. Still find it weird to see that pic of Bale from The Machinist - and then to think what his body was like a few months later. Crazy!

Old 09-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #939
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Sexy Cavill, come to mama!

Old 09-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #940
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Mr. Vigilante-10 Years

I just saw those pics of Henry on another site, he lost a little size but he's still in great condition to get right back where he was for Superman again, unlike Bale or Chris Evans that went and lost almost all of their muscle mass.

- BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN-#TrustBatfleck -
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10
Old 09-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #941
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

All the pics in super duper hi resolution. Click for hi-res.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #942
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Even more pics from yesterday from Italy.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #943
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Even more set photos. Cavill with director Guy Ritchie and his stunt double.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:31 AM   #944
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.of.Tomorrow View Post
Just seen this pic of Cavill in Italy, from today I believe... I guess the person here who said he's been training is right as he looks a lot bigger than he did in the early part of the year IMO. Though surely they can't let him get too big until he's finished filming this UNCLE movie? That's not gonna give him long to get to his Supes size, right?
This is kinda phase 1 in the bodybuilding cycle. He's bulking, putting on mass and getting big basically. He'll then start cutting, to burn away the fat, lean out and get the muscle definition going.

Filming finishes in December first week, so it'll give him 10 weeks to cut. And he will of course keep training throughout the 6 month shooting schedule of Batman VS Superman.
Quote:
(without wishing to start up those famous 'ohmygod he's too hairy!!!' / 'ohmygod he has chest hair popping out his suit!!!' / 'ohmygod he's losing his hair!!!!' comments - I still think it's so friggin awesome that Superman has a hairy chest. Not sure about the vest tho...)
The hairy chest was kept at Cavill's behest. I think it was a good idea. It gave him a very alpha male look, great for Superman.
Quote:
Anyway, off topic but does anyone know how I can get a profile pic added? Can't see anywhere on my account where I can add a photo - is this like an earned right or something?!
Yes it is. I believe after 300 posts you will get to put up an avatar, a really small one and as you keep posting more and more, you will be able to post bigger pictures.

You are welcome to participate in the discussion, always great to hear a new voice.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #945
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I just saw those pics of Henry on another site, he lost a little size but he's still in great condition to get right back where he was for Superman again, unlike Bale or Chris Evans that went and lost almost all of their muscle mass.
Bale went really done from BB to TDK. Evans also went down from CA:TFA to TA but has apparently picked up again for CA:TWS.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #946
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

Cavill needs to cut his hair more in the back. It far too thick. But yes, in these italy pictures, you can tell he's slowly but surely getting ready for MOS-2. I admire and appreciate this man's dedication to the role

Old 09-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #947
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Bale went really done from BB to TDK. Evans also went down from CA:TFA to TA but has apparently picked up again for CA:TWS.

S.H.I.E.L.D Under Armour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnightwing23 View Post
Cavill needs to cut his hair more in the back. It far too thick. But yes, in these italy pictures, you can tell he's slowly but surely getting ready for MOS-2. I admire and appreciate this man's dedication to the role
I don't think that is as much his call as it is the stylist.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #948
DarkSentinel
Hype Award-Winning Writer

Cav-El set pics from MfUNCLE? I smell obsession brewing again

*T*
Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #949
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

LOL

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #950
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:

LOL
Oh no, I smell fanfiction being written.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Closed Thread