The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 09-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 09-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Pym isn't a part of Ultron's creation in AoU. Everyone on Marvel's side has said so in no uncertain terms. I think it's time everyone accepted that.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Nathan

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I don't have to accept squat. I'll stay in denial as long as I want.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I don't have to accept squat. I'll stay in denial as long as I want.
You get out of De Nile! That's like a holy river or something....plus the crocs will probably eat you!

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Cherokeesam Iīll ask again. Your avatar, is it from Westcoast Avengers when Pym re-visits Hawkeye because someone(that is a prisioner in the WA HQ) were using Goliath-like stuff?

Also regarding what you said: "The teaser suggests that Iron Man is the *vessel* for Ultron's arrival, *not* that Stark creates him. I strongly, strongly suggest that people read Bendis' Mighty Avengers from a few years back, particularly the story arc that featured Ultron taking over Iron Man."

I agree 100%, I think Stark is more like a victim here. Yes vessel is one way of describing it.

Last edited by Mightyally; 09-27-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
Chris B
Side-Kick

I'm going to make a prediction and say that Aaron Taylor-Johnson wont be cast as Quicksilver. The reason being that I find it odd that its already been confirmed that Spader is of course Ultron, with Elizabeth Olsen being more-or-less in the same category as SW.

I find it striking that Johnson was first rumored to be the frontrunner for QS several months ago, some time before Spader and Olsen's names appeared, yet there has been no movement on that front.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Well, Whedon DID say that he had no one in mind besides spader, so it must have just been like, an absolute decision.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Is Ultron's body made of Vibranium in the Comics?

It would be cool to have that in AOU, which would suggest that SHIELD was behind it - remember they had Vibranium in CA

Howard Stark what have you done ?

Who was your greatest creation, Tony or Ultron ?

Plus it could bring up Black Panther

Old 09-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #10
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Cherokeesam Iīll ask again. Your avatar, is it from Westcoast Avengers when Pym re-visits Hawkeye because someone(that is a prisioner in the WA HQ) were using Goliath-like stuff?

Also regarding what you said: "The teaser suggests that Iron Man is the *vessel* for Ultron's arrival, *not* that Stark creates him. I strongly, strongly suggest that people read Bendis' Mighty Avengers from a few years back, particularly the story arc that featured Ultron taking over Iron Man."

I agree 100%, I think Stark is more like a victim here. Yes vessel is one way of describing it.
What, you guys think that Ultron is going to use Extremis to turn Tony Stark into a female version of itself? Stark didn't take Extremis, for one thing, so that's out. The GA ain't gonna buy Tony turning into a naked robot chick for another. Comics writers have gone on some seriously weird-ass benders in recent years.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #11
SpideyFan866
Banned User

As far as Tony is concerned, this is how I see things going down:

Tony is going modify and inject himself with Extremis, in order to create and armor that Ultron, and/or JARVIS/Vision, can't hack; an armor that is a part of him.

All of this possibly after he attempts to take him on with a normal functioning armor.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #12
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
What, you guys think that Ultron is going to use Extremis to turn Tony Stark into a female version of itself? Stark didn't take Extremis, for one thing, so that's out. The GA ain't gonna buy Tony turning into a naked robot chick for another. Comics writers have gone on some seriously weird-ass benders in recent years.
Haha no not vessel per se dude.

The idea is that Tony himself does not create Ultron. He is the "vessel". With that we mean that he doesnīt have a say in Ultronīs creation. That means that he will be used by Ultron. Tony will be the creator but only because Ultron keeps messing with events so that Tony will build him. The choice of illusion if you will. Tony has resources he has brain and he is ignorant in a way. Like "Itīs built by me, so ofc itīs perfect". That is being exploited by Ultron so in a way Stark is the "vessel"/"host" for Ultronīs birth. This is supposedly connected with the timegem.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that avatar is from WCA. I lifted it from the Internets, and the source doesn't identify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Forget about the naked chick part. Especially considering that Joss and Edgar and Feige have *still* given absolutely no indication that Janet does or will exist in the MCU.

What I'm talking about is that, post-IM3, Tony will build the Extremis/Bleeding Edge armor, so that the suit literally becomes part of him, making him essentially a type of cyborg. That permanently solves the design problem of the time required to suit up, that "holy grail" he's been chasing for the Iron Man armor over four films. That also makes the suit activate and react to Tony's thought patterns instantaneously, making JARVIS no longer a necessary part of the suit.

That being said, Ultron (created by someone/something else) is able to literally hack into the Extremis armor, and by extension, the brain of Tony himself. So the early parts of the movie feature Iron Man literally turning "evil," and the other Avengers are the only ones who can stop him; and they're also faced with the dilemma of trying to rescue Tony while simultaneously knock him out. Meanwhile, Ultron is changing Iron Man/Tony into....something else. Not a naked robot chick (darn ), but into the Ultron we all know and hate love.

In other words: Tony Stark doesn't create Ultron. JARVIS doesn't become Ultron. Tony Stark becomes Ultron.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #14
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I don't think anyone is going to want to see Tony Stark turning evil and becoming Ultron, especially if people want to see Iron Man vs Ultron in the movie.

As for naked chicks, Marvel should have introduced Janet, and then Ultron could kidnap her and try to transfer her brainwaves into another female robot which would be Jocasta. Janet was naked for that scene in the comics btw, which is why I mention it, and not because Janet automatically = naked chick.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Forget about the naked chick part.
Ok, stop that madness right there.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Does anyone know which film Thor was quoted on saying..."After all this time, why return?"...

I can't seem to remember which film he said that in.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #17
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I'm actually rather iffy on whether the MCU version of Extremis would even support the Extremis Armor of the comics. Its not a traditional Drexler-style nanomachine, reengineering the body according to specs. Its a nanotech based drug, effectively, that triggers regions in the brain.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #18
OldSkoolNWA
Newbie First Class

Supposedly IMDB had a synopsis posted that stated

"As the US Government create a force, known as ULTRON, the Avengers are told they are not needed any longer. But when ULTRON turns against humanity, its time for the Avengers to assemble yet again for their most dangerous challenge yet"

http://screen.yahoo.com/avengers-2-s...205444550.html

Old 09-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Does anyone know which film Thor was quoted on saying..."After all this time, why return?"...

I can't seem to remember which film he said that in.
Either it's a deleted line or a new one from TDW.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #20
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

IMDB, nuff said.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #21
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolNWA View Post

"As the US Government create a force, known as ULTRON, the Avengers are told they are not needed any longer. But when ULTRON turns against humanity, its time for the Avengers to assemble yet again for their most dangerous challenge yet"

I'm sure it's fake, but that doesn't sound too awful. Just cliche

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 09-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
Mr. Dent
Banned User

That's been brought up like 10 times already. It's fake.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #23
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolNWA View Post

IMDB is usually never ever reliable, so lesson learned my friend. That ones free next one is gonna cost ya.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Where is Dentipedia? Havenīt seen him in a while. If you wonder about some IMDB info just ask him and heīll tell ya

Old 09-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #25
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

in IM3, Happy makes a reference to robots replacing humans somewhere.. wonder if its an ultron robot army reference

Closed Thread