The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #51
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I think Thor and Cap are going to be the characters to get the shaft.

-Tony creates Ultron
-Hawkeye is going to get a bigger role because of the first movie and not being in any other phase 2 movies
-Widow is going to get a bigger role because Whedon hard on for female characters
-Hulk is going to have a big role because of how popular he was in the first film and not having his own film in phase 2
-Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are going to have bigger roles because new characters with interesting powers, and Whedon hard on for female characters

Old 09-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #52
Bert
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think Thor and Cap are going to be the characters to get the shaft.

-Tony creates Ultron
-Hawkeye is going to get a bigger role because of the first movie and not being in any other phase 2 movies
-Widow is going to get a bigger role because Whedon hard on for female characters
-Hulk is going to have a big role because of how popular he was in the first film and not having his own film in phase 2
-Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are going to have bigger roles because new characters with interesting powers, and Whedon hard on for female characters

The nerds may not like to hear this, but oh well. Those who don't get their own movies should have a decent part in the ensemble. I think BW may get shafted too though. Its gonna be a busy movie, lotta characters. And two new ones that as far as we know don't get any benefit of an introduction before. (Although they could in a post-credit scene or something)

Old 09-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #53
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
The nerds may not like to hear this, but oh well. Those who don't get their own movies should have a decent part in the ensemble. I think BW may get shafted too though. Its gonna be a busy movie, lotta characters. And two new ones that as far as we know don't get any benefit of an introduction before. (Although they could in a post-credit scene or something)
Like the poster above mentioned, I don't think BW will get the shaft since I think she may get a pretty big role in this.

Indeed, it's only Thor and Captain America who's roles are uncertain at the moment and heck, Thor didn't even have that much of a big role either in "The avengers".

Old 09-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #54
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I don't think anyone will get shafted, I've always thought Whedon was pretty good with balancing characters. Also has it been confirmed Tony creates Ultron I seem to remember a poster basically saying I was wrong in thinking that.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #55
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Whedon already said Widow has a huge role in the film.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #56
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
I don't think anyone will get shafted, I've always thought Whedon was pretty good with balancing characters. Also has it been confirmed Tony creates Ultron I seem to remember a poster basically saying I was wrong in thinking that.
Shafted is strong I guess. I'm sure Cap and Thor will get their moments but they're the ones I think will get the least amount of focus in a movie with 8 protagonists.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #57
Just_Human
Side-Kick

In AOS, Coulson's ID dates are

- April 25 2011
- Exp. April 25 2015

Just thought those dates were interesting

Old 09-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #58
Bert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
In AOS, Coulson's ID dates are

- April 25 2011
- Exp. April 25 2015

Just thought those dates were interesting
Hmmmm....

Old 09-30-2013, 06:48 AM   #59
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I doubt Black Widow will get the shaft as she'll still be riding the wave of new-found popularity in CA:TWS and will be one of Whedon's only female characters.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #60
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

I doubt anyone will get the shaft.

Maybe some peoples story will be more important and crucial to the plot than others, but I doubt that anyone will just not do anything. Like they might as well be a background prop.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #61
Lord
All Mighty

Only character i can see getting shafted is JARVIS, he'll most likelly sacrífice himself defeating Ultron

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 09-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #62
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If Nick Fury takes off his eyepatch, he might get the Shaft:

Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #63
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

I don't think he's gonna get shafted.

I like to believe that the rumors of JARVIS becoming Vision, and ultimately being the one to defeat Ultron, are true.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #64
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Speaking of which, thats 3 things I expect to be used from Ultron's first comic appearances:

1. JARVIS being brainwashed.

2. Vision being created and ultimately being the on to defeat him.

and

3. Ultron assembles The Masters of Evil.

Of course, the first two being merged.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #65
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
No, it's not been confirmed that Tony creates Ultron. It's just a popular fan theory that doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #66
Lord
All Mighty

Wait, but didn't Joss Whedon and Feige state that in interviews?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #67
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Masters of Evil's members? The Leader? Abomination? Kurse? Ultron? Trevor?

Last edited by HunBoy; 09-30-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #68
Lord
All Mighty

There's Killian, but he would probably get away in the end somehow

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 09-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #69
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

My Ultron's Head

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #70
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Yep:

Quote:
“Natasha is a huge part of the sequel because you do want to concentrate on the people who don’t have their own franchises.”

Old 09-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #71
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Wait, but didn't Joss Whedon and Feige state that in interviews?
They have never said who does create him.

They said who doesn't create him (Pym), but they weren't entirely specific about that.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #72
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Masters of Evil's members? The Leader? Abomination? Kurse? Ultron? Trevor?
Presumably, Batroc the Leaper (who is in CA: TWS), Crossbones (who is in CA: TWS and whose actor already confirmed his return in The Avengers 2), Abomination, and Vision.

Solid lineup if you ask me.

And that would make sense if the rumors of a maximum security prison break scene are true.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 09-30-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #73
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Prison break scene? In Avengers 2 or CA:TWS? Frank Grillo confirmed his return in Avengers 2? When?

Last edited by HunBoy; 09-30-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #74
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Which is incredibly disappointing. I've never been a big fan of Johansen and didn't care for her Black Widow, although she was definitely better in the Avengers than IM2.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #75
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Prison break scene? In Avengers 2 or CA:TWS? Frank Grillo confirmed his return in Avengers 2? When?
In an interview.

http://tinyurl.com/dxdszv6

Closed Thread