The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

View Poll Results: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?
Superman TAS 14 26.42%
Justice League 39 73.58%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Default What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?

What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?(NOT unlimited)

ganon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?

I didn't like either

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Default Re: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I didn't like either
well, that was an awkward first comment to the thread.
I liked both, but I thought Justice League was a better, more ambitious show.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Yeah. Though Superman TAS deserves more props then it gets

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Yeah. Though Superman TAS deserves more props then it gets
definitely deserves more attention, gets forgotten about since it was sandwiched between BTAS and JL

Old 09-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
smallville fan
Hero

Both

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
definitely deserves more attention, gets forgotten about since it was sandwiched between BTAS and JL
Tell me about it! It's like the black sheep of the DCAU.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Justice League. The characterizations are just ok, but I really enjoyed the storylines and dialogue.

PacificBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Justice league

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #10
Drakepool
Side-Kick

JL had a rocky first season but an awesome second season. STAS was pretty good throughout with a couple of bumps here and there and has some really awesome episodes in the third season.

Hmm, tough to decide, but I'll go with STAS since Daly > Newbern.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

This is a useless thread.

It does not belong here and is adding to a part of this board already filled useless threads.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
This is a useless thread.

It does not belong here and is adding to a part of this board already filled useless threads.
someone's in a bad mood over Breaking Bad ending.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #13
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

This is an original thread, compared to some thread have multiple iterations (the 3-5 Star Trek Into Darkness ones, the 3 about the Com. Gordon series, and so on.)

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #14
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakepool View Post
JL had a rocky first season but an awesome second season. STAS was pretty good throughout with a couple of bumps here and there and has some really awesome episodes in the third season.

Hmm, tough to decide, but I'll go with STAS since Daly > Newbern.
Excellent, you voted though right?

Old 09-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #15
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Hate to be a prick but this has a relevance to the Superman vs Batman movie how?

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #16
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

So now that Breaking Bad is over, people are going to allude to spoilers in their sigs/avatars/names now?

Great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
To me, Man of Steel just felt to me like Snyder and Goyer tried to make Superman look less, and simple next to Batman, like yeah Superman is good, he's cool, but not as interesting as Batman.
D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #17
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I find STAS to be OK-at-best to be honest, far away from being a favorite for me as a Superman fan.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #18
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I liked JL more than BTAS so JL vs STAS is a total non starter.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
This is an original thread, compared to some thread have multiple iterations (the 3-5 Star Trek Into Darkness ones, the 3 about the Com. Gordon series, and so on.)
Yeah, but its still a topic that doesn't really need its own thread. Especially in this part of the board where, other than featuring Superman and Batman, it has no relation.

It'd be one thing if it was a thread to discuss what influences the DCAU might have on this universe, and what similarities BVS might have to the World's Finest episode of Superman: TAS. But instead, it just asks if you liked one show over the other.

Its not an entirely pointless thread, but it doesn't belong here.

It belongs in the tv thread or JLA World or Superman world threads.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I didn't really care for either shows characterization of Superman, but I did like how WW and MMH were used in Justice League, so I voted for that.

For what the OP was alluding to here, I prefer the hero-to-hero interactions more than the heroes to their peripheral characters, which is another reason that I'm optimistic about Superman vs Batman.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #21
Krumm
Beer Snob

I've been trying to watch Justice League on Netflix but am having a tough time moving through it. Mostly, I'm not too big of a fan of Newbern and I really can't stand the super-cheek bones. He also seems stiff and lives up the that Big Blue Boyscout view that I can't stand. TAS has more personality at this point.

But like anything, I'm sure it gets better so I probably just need to stick it out.

Last edited by Krumm; 09-30-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #22
kguillou
Side-Kick

Justice League, imo was probably the best supehero cartoon ever made next to B:TAS. Like others have said the first season is rocky, but as the show progressed and the characters developed it was a truly remarkable show. Season 4 in particular, the whole Cadmus/ Luthor storyline was incredibly well done and very intense and ambitious. As a whole though, this was an amazing achievement on DC/ Warner Bros' end. I've yet to see a cartoon that could dethrone this ( Avengers EMH came close though).

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #23
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

I thought JL had a few interesting Superman moments, my favorite being the fistfight with Darkseid, where he delivers the "I sometimes feel like I live in a world made of cardboard ..." bit, I thought that was a nice little bit of writing and a good insight as to Superman's innermost thinking. That's what I liked about JL, those little bits of insight into the heroes' minds.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #24
superman2090
Side-Kick

Both were good, but both frustrated me. Superman was so powered down and reduced to a punching bag. I hated the fact that, in Justice League, that neither Superman or Flash could out maneuver a bad guy, but Batman could effortlessly escape. Made no sense to me at all.

superman2090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #25
kguillou
Side-Kick

They had to power him down so that he didnt make the other members look obsolete. I actually like how they made him more vulnerable. One thing I noticed in rerospect however is that Superman seemed very...on edge throughout most of he series. Like he was much more militant and serious, he seemed more Captain America-ish than Superman. It doesn't necessarily bother me but just something I've noticed in retrospect.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote