The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #826
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

The technology sounds amazing but I think they're focusing on the wrong area. They should be absolutely optimising the tech for one person so that it really feels futuristic like Minority Report. The extra people is a novelty bonus and only one at a time are going to be playing a game seriously where it needs to be super accurate & responsive.

And as for a 10+ year lifespan that's terrible for the future of gaming even if it means good value for money (if the consoles last) and big profits. Unless the cloud or some other technology is going to give these consoles a massive boost it means very limited development during those last few years of the console's life.

The specs of XB1 & even PS4 will be totally irrelevant by that time. Optimisation can only go so far when you have so little to work with. I can see myself going over more fully to pc gaming if this pans out.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:07 PM   #827
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

With the way technology has evolved allowing system updates and whatnot along with rising R&D costs, can you really blame Sony and Microsoft for wanting a console that will last 10+ years?

Old 09-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #828
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I don't blame them at all. It's definitely in their interests, just not mine.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #829
MeenieWK
Screw Loose

Got a hands on with battlefield 4 on the xbone on Friday

Good fun... Liked the controller, but wasn't sold on the stick click, it wasn't very pronounced

Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #830
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

I think they mean they will support the Xbone for 10 years, not that there won't be a new console for 10 years. 360 will still be getting games for the next 2 or 3 years.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #831
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeenieWK View Post
Got a hands on with battlefield 4 on the xbone on Friday

Good fun... Liked the controller, but wasn't sold on the stick click, it wasn't very pronounced
At Eurogamer? I played on Saturday.

Didn't find Battlefield to be as impressive as everything we've seen up to this point. And I didn't understand the stick click thing. Kept getting in the way of when I was trying to sprint. The console looked good from what we could see (was behind a semi-transparent cabinet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
I think they mean they will support the Xbone for 10 years, not that there won't be a new console for 10 years. 360 will still be getting games for the next 2 or 3 years.
Oh right, hope so.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #832
LuisTX85
Z

Question Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

I'm not going next gen until early next year but for some reason I'm curious about XBO right now,My plan has been to go with PS4 and so I haven't checked up much on stuff for this since E3

Is there a site/list/ad or something with updated positives for the console?,Perhaps some of you care to share your own positives and reason why your going with this one!?

Old 10-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #833
MeenieWK
Screw Loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
At Eurogamer? I played on Saturday.

Didn't find Battlefield to be as impressive as everything we've seen up to this point. And I didn't understand the stick click thing. Kept getting in the way of when I was trying to sprint. The console looked good from what we could see (was behind a semi-transparent cabinet).

Oh right, hope so.
Yeah had early bird passes for the Friday

Massive queue for titan fall so jumped on battlefield

Didn't do much that BF3 doesn't already do... Numbers of players aside

Old 10-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #834
zenith16
Side-Kick

source:GI

Old 10-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #835
Soapy
It's happening again...

Never mind, Microsoft actually wants to sell Kinect data
Quote:
Remember that time that a Microsoft marketing executive told everyone that the company has no intention of using any data collected from Kinect for anything related to advertising? You shouldn't have to rack your brain; it happened only a few days ago. Well, go ahead and disregard that, because Microsoft's VP of marketing and strategy got up in front of a room full of people, and stated that the company hopes to do that in the future.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #836
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

And they were doing a decent job of reversing their PR disasters, too....damn

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #837
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Does anyone know if Microsoft has anything planned for Comic-Con this week?

You gotta think they'll do something, right?

Old 10-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #838
zenith16
Side-Kick

So far no one said anything on NYC besides those that work for Marvel and Dc on their game's development divisions . I think the console publisher's are looking at GDC right now.

Microsoft addresses fears over Xbox One targeted advertising

(7 hours ago)

Microsoft has responded to questions raised by a recent Advertising Age report, which suggested that Xbox One users could offer up a "data treasure trove" for marketing and advertising purposes.

Microsoft Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer Yusuf Mehdi addressed the Xbox One's potential for targeted advertising during a speech at the Association of National Advertisers Masters of Marketing Conference last week. Mehdi hinted that the Xbox One's bundled Kinect peripheral could track living room activity in order to serve users better-targeted dashboard advertisements.

Responding to a request for comment from Eurogamer, a Microsoft representative linked to this forum post from Microsoft Director of Product Planning Albert Penello, regarding a previous marketing-focused interview. Penello assures that the company will not use the Kinect's player-tracking features to collect data for its previously outlined Natural User Interface Advertisements.

"[...] Someone was talking about how some of the new Xbox One Kinect features *could* be used in advertising - since we can see expressions, engagement, etc. and how that might be used to target advertising," Penello wrote. "This is the point that seems to draw some controversy."

Penello continued: "First - nobody is working on that. We have a lot more interesting and pressing things to dedicate time towards. [...] I'm not aware of any active work in this space. Second - if something like that ever happened, you can be sure it wouldn't happen without the user having control over it. Period."

Last edited by zenith16; 10-08-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #839
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
And they were doing a decent job of reversing their PR disasters, too....damn
I dont plan on keeping the bastard connected after I download the update

Old 10-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #840
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Aww shucks! People are trying to sell me stuff on my video games just like they do everywhere else I look! That really gets my nickers all bundled up!

Why the hell am I supposed to care about that? I just ignore ads unless they get in my face. I could care less about a dinky ad in the corner of the dashboard.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #841
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

I don't have an issue with ads themselves unless they are intrusive, but this is not just talking about simply ads; it's talking about taking personal and private information taken from the Kinect camera and selling it. I don't see how anyone could be cool with something like that. It's insanely intrusive, for one, and frankly rather shady as a business practice for another. This is something I think goes beyond being a fanboy for a company/console.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #842
zenith16
Side-Kick

Microsoft Director Of Product Planning Clarifies Automatic Achievement Recording Details

News
on Oct 08, 2013 at 06:52 PM

The Xbox One will not automatically record all your achievements, but what it will do offers up far more potential.
... More

Source:GI

Old 10-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #843
the last son
Side-Kick

I want to go with xbox one, but what's Kinect? Do I have to use it? Will I be able to just play console.games like my 360 without learning alk this new crap?

Old 10-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #844
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Decided to wait on the ps4 in favor of the xbox one.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 10-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #845
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I want to go with xbox one, but what's Kinect? Do I have to use it? Will I be able to just play console.games like my 360 without learning alk this new crap?
Kinect is a camera that attaches to the console. You use the motions of your hands to move your menu and stuff like that, and it also has voice recognition. No, you don't have to use it, the One will still work without it plugged in, I believe. Also, the One is not backwards compatible with the 360, so you can't play those games on the One.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #846
the last son
Side-Kick

I'm going to pay it off this weekend. I only want it for gaming purposes. Mostly sports games. Any reason not to buy it? I don't follow presses and new surrounding it. I just know it's a new system and want it for better graphics and what not

Old 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #847
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I'm going to pay it off this weekend. I only want it for gaming purposes. Mostly sports games. Any reason not to buy it? I don't follow presses and new surrounding it. I just know it's a new system and want it for better graphics and what not
If you just want a next-gen console that can play sports games and don't really care about all the bells and whistles from either console, and don't already have an "ecosystem" attachment to one or the other, than you should probably just get the $100 cheaper PS4.

That said, if you have friends on the 360 who will be getting an X1 that you will play games with, obviously go where your friends are.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #848
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

I mean, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking exactly. The PS4 is $100 cheaper, if you didn't know. If you're only looking for Sports title, that might be something to think about.

Quote:
Old 10-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #849
the last son
Side-Kick

My Gamestop isn't taking anymore reservations for ps4.. Plus I really enjoyed the 360

Old 10-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #850
the last son
Side-Kick

Just reading you alls comments and others I can't pay an extra for Kinect. I'll just wait until ps4 is available