The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

View Poll Results: If DOFP Is a hit but Hugh Jackman quits as Wolverine what do you think Fox does
Quickly reboots series 3 21.43%
Continue exsisting series but leaves wolverine out for 1 or 2 films so time passes before a recast 10 71.43%
Quickly recast Wolverine for DOFP followup 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Poll:If DOFP Is a hit but Hugh jackman quits as Wolverine what do you think fox does

Reboots
continue Keep Wolverine out of next 1 or 2 films so enough time passes so they
can recast Wolverine
They quickly recast Wolverine for DOFP sequel

Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Poll:If DOFP Is a hit but Hugh jackman quits as Wolverine what do you think fox d

Give jackman a long break after DOFP and he will return once he misses the role in a few years

Old 09-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
Antihero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Poll:If DOFP Is a hit but Hugh jackman quits as Wolverine what do you think fox d

X-Men without Wolverine is a disaster.That's like having Justice League without Superman AND Batman.

Recasting Wolverine would be the only sensible option.But I am not sure if I can visualise someone else as Wolverine.It is comparatively easier to replace Batman/Iron Man because they spend half the time in their superhero outfits unlike Wolverine.Not to mention Wolverine has appeared in 7 films.

Last edited by Antihero; 09-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

First Class wasn't a disaster. Many consider it the best X-Men movie.

I think they'd continue and recast in a few years.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
def28
Side-Kick

Jackman aint leaving imo. He may be absent for a bit to take a break but that's it. This series is gonna hit a peak with DOFP. The only way they would "reboot" any time soon is with the already established First Class cast...where Jackman's Wolverine is still around.

First Class cast isn't going anywhere either unless DOFP flops, and we already know X-Force is in continuity to the X-Men film world so there's obvioulsy zero plans to completely re-start. They would have to hit a big loss with DOFP for them to re evaluate.

Last edited by def28; 09-30-2013 at 11:36 AM.
def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
First Class wasn't a disaster. Many consider it the best X-Men movie.

I think they'd continue and recast in a few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Jackman aint leaving. He may be absent for a bit to take a break but that's it. This series is gonna hit a peak with DOFP. The only way they would "reboot" any time soon is with the already established First Class cast...where Jackman's Wolverine is still around.

First Class cast isn't going anywhere unless DOFP flops, and we already know X-Force is in continuity to the X-Men film world. There's obvioulsy zero plans to completely re-start.
i agree with both but oh dear this will drive at least 3 predictable posters (who i shall not name) on here nuts and turn this into another FC vs OT dispute

Old 09-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Angamb
Banned User

oh, yeah you can count on that, lol.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This Is logicil discussion since there are plenty of people online running with jackman about ready to quit stories.

Even If OT and the wolverine were erased you would still have jackman as Wolverine In 1973 however i don't know how X-force would work then.

If they want to do another with OT cast a possable solution Is do X-force and another past film before going back to future with jackman as wolverine.

You could set X-force in altere future Introducing Apocalypse.You could do another past film where James Mcavoy's Xavier recruits teenage versions of Cyclops,Jean,and storm and
has them with beast.You could Introduce Sinster and then you do film In future where jackman returns as wolverine where X-Men face apocalypse with SInster as servent of apocalpyse.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 09-30-2013 at 12:14 PM.
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Even If OT and the wolverine were erased you would still have jackman as Wolverine In 1973 however i don't know how X-force would work then.

If they want to do another with OT cast a possable solution Is do X-force and another past film before going back to future with jackman as wolverine.
X-Force are new characters not mansion related. It doesn't need to be on X1-3's timeline, just the X-Men world all these films take place in the OT post DOFP time. The world won't be completely erased but X1-3 will no longer be the same due to the good ol fun of time travel.

Singer already confirmd this at SDCC. When asked if he's changing the continuity of the established universe he flat out said "Yes, theres some of that", "some things will change, it's the nature of time travel" and "I'm less entrapped by those previous films". He's gonna pick and choose what stays accordingly, so the films can move on without having to erase the X-Men film world completely. This is their form of rebooting while keeping the same actors.

Last edited by def28; 09-30-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

well I would think X-force would be set in adjusted or corrected future as Bryan Singer might say.I don't think X-force can be set In past before there Is much of X-men.Dofp 1973 part has X-men of Xavier,beast,and Wolverine likely teaming up with Brotherhood of Magneto,Mystique,and Quicksilver against Trask and Stryker.

Introducing Apocalypse In X-force would be Ideal and to give jackman time away from character X-force and a final past X-Men film could be way to go.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
well I would think X-force would be set in adjusted or corrected future as Bryan Singer might say.I don't think X-force can be set In past before there Is much of X-men.Dofp 1973 part has X-men of Xavier,beast,and Wolverine likely teaming up with Brotherhood of Magneto,Mystique,and Quicksilver against Trask and Stryker.
Yes, I agree X-Force shouldn't be in the past and should be in the corrected post DOFP future. Sorry, I misread your post earlier.

Quote:
Introducing Apocalypse In X-force would be Ideal and to give jackman time away from character X-force and a final past X-Men film could be way to go.
I agree with X-Force and Apocalypse. I really have no idea with FC and the OT. A movei with either can work, depends where they are when we last see them in DOFP.

Last edited by def28; 09-30-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
Angamb
Banned User

after DOFP, Fox will do at the very least, one more FC movie and X-Force, so they wont do a reboot anytime soon.

So if they want to release more movies in the mean time, another OT sequel is like the most likely option, with or without Wolverine.

But Im sure if Bryan directs another sequel, Hugh will accept to return, maybe as his last movie.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #13
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

They are not gonna reboot just because Hugh Jackman won't return after DOFp is released.

FOX would try to release 1 more film w/o Hugh Jackman/Wolverine and see how it will perform. If it bombs, a reboot as the next step would be a possibility.

But I think the success of DOFP, would at least guarantee two more X-Men films. The 8th film will probably perform okay or good just because of the goodwill from DOFP.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #14
kasjan
Side-Kick

No recast, no reboot, just next parts with other charcaters.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:08 AM   #15
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Don't put Wolverine in X-Force. Then recast for X5. Truth be told, Famke Jansson, Liev Schriber, Alan Cumming and Halle Berry are also getting too old and I think that James Marsden only has one or two more roles in him as Cyclops before he also gets recast.

At the same time, Ryan Reynolds, Daniel Cudmore, Anna Paquin, Mei Melcolan, Taylor Kitsch, Lucas Till, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Ellen Page, Ben Foster and Shawn Ashmore aren't too old yet so I hope that Fox keeps their finger off the reset button.

That and there's no age limit on Professor X or Magneto so Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen can remain provided that they both stay healthy.

Last edited by Dasher10; 10-10-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #16
Lord
All Mighty

In a world where all the major superhero films that started the genre and made part in its rebirth in the early 2000s i'm very glad that FOX hasn't decided to start over again, it's a rare occurence these days

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #17
kasjan
Side-Kick

,,Famke, Berry getting too old"
LOL at this.
Alan or Liev, do we need them? Nigtcrawler doesn't want to fight. Sabretooth mutated, and there are other villains to show.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #18
MarvelU
Side-Kick

If Jackman hangs up the claws, then he will be taking some time off from X-Men movies, but only to return when there is another big X-Men film like DOFP. I doubt he shows up in X-Force. I think he said in an interview that there has to be a very good/important reason to do another X-Men film.

Last edited by MarvelU; 10-10-2013 at 01:21 PM.
MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #19
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
In a world where all the major superhero films that started the genre and made part in its rebirth in the early 2000s i'm very glad that FOX hasn't decided to start over again, it's a rare occurence these days
I feel the same way!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #20
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Don't recast. There are several options to continue the series without him (and there's a few who'd like to see this). This franchise should be able to squeeze out a few more films before any kind of reboot is mentioned, and if another big event film is on the horizon, lure Jackman back. I'm sure Hugh will not be able to resist another crack at the character in a couple of years.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #21
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Give jackman a long break after DOFP and he will return once he misses the role in a few years
This one. He will return after some time. Just do a film without him, people will want more, he'll miss it etc. Introduce Gambit as the new bad boy for the time being or whatever. Anyway I doubt he's done, he will probably be back for at least two or three more if DOFP is a hit.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote