The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #76
roach
I am the night

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
I don't think anyone will get shafted, I've always thought Whedon was pretty good with balancing characters. Also has it been confirmed Tony creates Ultron I seem to remember a poster basically saying I was wrong in thinking that.
Hawkeye in Avengers says hi

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 09-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #77
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Trallala...Thanks!

The Leader and Abomination live, Cross his return + Ultron and maybe Vision. So cute

Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #78
Jammat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Presumably, Batroc the Leaper (who is in CA: TWS), Crossbones (who is in CA: TWS and whose actor already confirmed his return in The Avengers 2), Abomination, and Vision.

Solid lineup if you ask me.

And that would make sense if the rumors of a maximum security prison break scene are true.
Plus Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver, who could well start off on the wrong side.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #79
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Considering that Drew Pearce and Shane Black wrote the IM3 screenplay, and it was before Joss had even conceived Age of Ultron, I'd say it's nothing more than a coincidence at best.

However, if you want to go all foreshadowing on it, I'll go a step further and say it reinforces *my* theory that Ultron literally *replaces* Tony Stark/Iron Man.

Whedon said Ultron is the movie he wanted to do from the beginning but had to do an origin movie first

Old 09-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #80
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Whedon said Ultron is the movie he wanted to do from the beginning but had to do an origin movie first
Still, there's no evidence he ever told anybody other than maybe Feige and the head honchos about his plans for Ultron. In any event, there's nothing to suggest that he consulted with Pearce and Black about it to tell them to foreshadow/easter-egg Ultron in IM3.

Happy's remarks are just a joke, and coincidental at best. Or serendipitous.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #81
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I agree with you that it was just a joke. I was just keeping the discussion honest

Old 09-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #82
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Hawkeye in Avengers says hi
That'd be a good argument if Hawkeye wasn't lame.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #83
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Still, there's no evidence he ever told anybody other than maybe Feige and the head honchos about his plans for Ultron. In any event, there's nothing to suggest that he consulted with Pearce and Black about it to tell them to foreshadow/easter-egg Ultron in IM3.

Happy's remarks are just a joke, and coincidental at best. Or serendipitous.

After the announcement about AOU at SDCC, Drew Pearce said that he has known about the plans for the film for quite a while. He and Black had to know in order to make the events of Iron Man 3 mesh with what Joss is going to do with Tony Stark. That is not to say that Happy's joke about the bots is in any way related to AOU. But the writers did know about it before they completed IM3.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #84
Dasher10
Side-Kick

I hope that we get a Marvel Swimsuit Special reference. Something where during the credits, the Avengers play some volleyball. Most fans would just want to see ScoJo in a bikini or Chris Hemsworth shirtless... then they'll see Hulk in a thong Speedo which would hopefully get the perfect combination of laughs and groans among the audience.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #85
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
I hope that we get a Marvel Swimsuit Special reference. Something where during the credits, the Avengers play some volleyball. Most fans would just want to see ScoJo in a bikini or Chris Hemsworth shirtless... then they'll see Hulk in a thong Speedo which would hopefully get the perfect combination of laughs and groans among the audience.
Marvel Swimsuit Special is for the likes of ScarJo, Emily Van Camp, Cobie Smulders, Natalie Portman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rebecca Hall, Kat Dennings, Hayley Atwell, Leslie Bibb, Olivia Munn, Elizabeth Henstridge, Chloe Bennet all appearing in bikinis.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #86
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Dat Favreau face.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #87
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
See...that's just weird. I hope you are kidding lol

Old 09-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #88
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

Dat Favreau face.
Idk why they changed her look in Avengers. She looked awesome in IM2, this shot in particular..wow.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #89
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well her hair is worst now in CA: TWS.

It also seems that all red heads who aren't natural ones seem to get lighter with each successive film. They start off quite dark and almost progress to blonde. Just think of Kirsten Dunst or Gwyneth Paltrow. Kirsten was quite dark for the first Spider-Man and was practically blonde by SM3.

And Gwyneth looks virtually her actual hair colour now.

ScarJo certainly isn't as dark as in IM2.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #90
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

RDJ has a one of a kind flying RC Iron Man that was given to him for wrapping one of the MCU movies, pretty cool

Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #91
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Idk why they changed her look in Avengers. She looked awesome in IM2, this shot in particular..wow.
I like the IM 2 look, but the Avengers one is better. She's a badass spy, I'd rather she look competent than sexy (It's Scarjo, its impossible for her NOT to look sexy). She looks more badass and professional in TA, which I appreciated. As for Favreau, that's a "I love my job" face.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #92
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

RDJ has a one of a kind flying RC Iron Man that was given to him for wrapping one of the MCU movies, pretty cool
That 6' tall flying Iron Man is the ****. What a perfect gift for RDJ. They would sell like hotcakes if they were on the market. Can you imagine buzzing people with that?

Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #93
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Marvel Swimsuit Special is for the likes of ScarJo, Emily Van Camp, Cobie Smulders, Natalie Portman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rebecca Hall, Kat Dennings, Hayley Atwell, Leslie Bibb, Olivia Munn, Elizabeth Henstridge, Chloe Bennet all appearing in bikinis.
No, it's for the three Chrises, RDJ, Anthony Mackie, Idris Elba, Tom Hiddleston, Don Cheadle, AAA, Frank Grillo, Djimon Hounsou, Sebastian Stan, that French kickboxer guy and whatever young hottie plays Quicksilver. Shirtless and wet, that's how we likes 'em.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #94
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Always hated the swimsuit specials never understood why people liked them.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #95
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:

Dat Favreau face.
When she turns everybody's eyes go lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #96
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:

Dat Favreau face.
Haha yes!

Btw Dentipedia, have you any news about the QS/Aaron thingy?

Old 10-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #97
ctsketch
Side-Kick

So with filming starting in January we should get some more casting announcements yeah? QS...SW.... Maybe some other minor characters....supporting characters...other villains?

Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #98
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
I think Thor and Cap are going to be the characters to get the shaft.

-Tony creates Ultron
-Hawkeye is going to get a bigger role because of the first movie and not being in any other phase 2 movies
-Widow is going to get a bigger role because Whedon hard on for female characters
-Hulk is going to have a big role because of how popular he was in the first film and not having his own film in phase 2
-Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are going to have bigger roles because new characters with interesting powers, and Whedon hard on for female characters
It's certainly possible but making some characters less important because they have their own movies would be pretty dumb imo. This is an Avengers movie, it should focus on those characters and the solo movies work as build up for that.

I trust Whedon to be a good enough writer to give everyone the time they need since you shouldn't introduce new members unless you can do that.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #99
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Always hated the swimsuit specials never understood why people liked them.
Agreed.

I do not want the Marvel franchise to reach the 'Dead or Alive' level.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 10-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #100
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Yay! The Marvel Swimsuit issue! Boo, to posters who didn't think they were awesomesauce with a cherry on top! Boo, I say!

Closed Thread