The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #101
DrRocket
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Since stark is my favorite character, I wouldn't mind him creating
Ultron, just give me more bromance between him and hulk.

Also, hope they go with someone other than Aaron for QS, something
About him just doesn't agree with me.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #102
Mr. Dent

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

That's kind of the point of Quicksilver though. He shouldn't agree with you.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 10-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #103
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If people don't like the swimsuits then we should have a calendar where the aforementioned ladies are shedding them.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #104
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
That's kind of the point of Quicksilver though. He shouldn't agree with you.
True lol, but I get the guys point tho Dentipedia.

I loved the Kick-ass movies and Iīm kinda stuck on the idea that Aaron isnīt the "serious" type of guy. I once saw Al Bundy in a detective role, man I couldnīt stop laughing, impossible to take him serious. Then suddenly I see him in Modern Family and I donīt even think about it he just naturally fit.

Itīs not fair to compare Aaron with Al lol but thatīs one thing that might bother me.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #105
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

If you'd seen Savages, you wouldn't doubt Aaron could do serious.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #106
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Savages was a crap movie though.

- CM Punk
Old 10-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #107
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Always hated the swimsuit specials never understood why people liked them.
Isn't it obvious?

Seriously though, they were actually pretty funny.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #108
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
True lol, but I get the guys point tho Dentipedia.

I loved the Kick-ass movies and Iīm kinda stuck on the idea that Aaron isnīt the "serious" type of guy. I once saw Al Bundy in a detective role, man I couldnīt stop laughing, impossible to take him serious. Then suddenly I see him in Modern Family and I donīt even think about it he just naturally fit.

Itīs not fair to compare Aaron with Al lol but thatīs one thing that might bother me.
i once saw this guy Eric Foreman from That 70s show play a serial killer in the movie Predators.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #109
Loki882
Side-Kick

That actor's name is Topher Grace, and he was indeed quite creepy in Predators.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #110
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
Isn't it obvious?

Seriously though, they were actually pretty funny.
Thanos was the only one I thought was funny, the rest were really dumb.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #111
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Savages was a crap movie though.
True. But its proof enough he can pull off serious.

If not that, we always have Godzilla next year.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #112
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Honestly, I hope that if whedon and Marvel kills off any more significant Marvel characters that they have the guts to keep that character dead this time around.

Killing off a character and then having that person come back later on just takes away the impact of that person dying imho and makes it kind of cheap at times.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #113
DrRocket
Side-Kick

I think Stark should die in the final avengers movie at the hands of Thanos, it will show just how awesome he is, even though losing stark will be a sad day, Downey has only signed on for two more avengers movies. I think dr strange will be my new favourite hero ( No one will replace stark for me, except Rocket Racoon)

Old 10-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #114
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

The thing is though, I feel like Robert's Tony Stark has gotten a lot of focus already within the last Avengers film and if the theories are true about Stark having some involvement with the creation of Ultron, then that's another film that he'll get some strong focus in.

I mean I love his Tony and Iron Man, but I'd like to see these films not use him as a crutch at times to stand on.

And I'm still wondering if Captain America and Thor especially will even have fruitful roles/arcs in this film since they're the only ones that we haven't heard really anything about regarding their positions in this film.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #115
Nathan

I wouldn't be surprised if Thor just swoops in again like he did in Avengers. He'll probably be busy in Asgard, until Heimdall tells him that earth is in grave danger once more, and then travels to earth for the rescue.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #116
DrRocket
Side-Kick

Fair point on the over exposure of Stark. How about he creates ultron and dies while fighting him. Would be a fitting end to Stark ( my opinion ), defeated by his own intelligence, just hope he and quick silver have some nice banter in there.

Then in Avengers three, you have room for other people to shine. Obviously since he signed on for 2 more films I doubt he will die in age of ultron

Old 10-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #117
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, I hope that if whedon and Marvel kills off any more significant Marvel characters that they have the guts to keep that character dead this time around.

Killing off a character and then having that person come back later on just takes away the impact of that person dying imho and makes it kind of cheap at times.
I'm totally with you here. I can't stand the comics rule that no one is ever truly dead. I was hoping it wouldn't happen in the MCU, but alas...Coulson . It doesn't matter what excuse they give for him being on the show. His character shouldn't be there.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #118
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
True. But its proof enough he can pull off serious.

If not that, we always have Godzilla next year.
Godzilla and Ninja Turtles on the way. Give me a He-Man movie and I can die in peace

Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #119
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Godzilla and Ninja Turtles on the way. Give me a He-Man movie and I can die in peace
He-Man is on the way.

Jon M. Chu is directing. He did a great job with G.I. Joe: Retaliation, IMO, so I'm not worried. Plus he's a fan so, like G.I. Joe, we shouldn't expect it to get butchered.

And according to Chu, the current script for He-Man is really good.

As it stands though, it looks like G.I Joe 3 will be next, with He-Man coming after.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #120
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
He-Man is on the way.

Jon M. Chu is directing. He did a great job with G.I. Joe: Retaliation, IMO, so I'm not worried. Plus he's a fan so, like G.I. Joe, we shouldn't expect it to get butchered.

And according to Chu, the current script for He-Man is really good.

As it stands though, it looks like G.I Joe 3 will be next, with He-Man coming after.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #121
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm totally with you here. I can't stand the comics rule that no one is ever truly dead. I was hoping it wouldn't happen in the MCU, but alas...Coulson . It doesn't matter what excuse they give for him being on the show. His character shouldn't be there.
Yes, he really should be there. With all the crazy crap in the MCU, a resurrection to a death that was ambiguous to begin with (we never actually saw Coulson die) is not that hard to buy. The fact that they're playing up the mystery means that it could be interesting.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #122
Lord
All Mighty

Yes we did, we saw the life go out of him as he had his eyes open, then Nick Fury closed them

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #123
number1lakeboy

In regards to Coulson, I think its pretty evident that he is a Life Model Decoy. If you saw Agents of Shield last night, he continously refers to Tihiti and a magical place like he is almost programmed to say it. IMO its a cheap way to bring him back. Which kind of makes the show cheap. How it all ties into AOU, I really have no idea.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #124
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yes, he really should be there. With all the crazy crap in the MCU, a resurrection to a death that was ambiguous to begin with (we never actually saw Coulson die) is not that hard to buy. The fact that they're playing up the mystery means that it could be interesting.
It's not that I'm worried how he gets brought back, it's that he's brought back at all. It cheapens the initial drama and makes it so any death from here on out is automatically a "well, they'll be brought back somehow" moment. I don't like it. If you do, that's fine.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 10-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #125
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Yes we did, we saw the life go out of him as he had his eyes open, then Nick Fury closed them
im pretty sure a big ass alien spear in the back is one of those things you don't get better from

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Closed Thread